46 : Flags

"Baby cub."

Chaeyoung was cutting some carrots by the kitchen counter. Her eyes widen as her head abruptly pops up. She consecutively turns to the direction where she just heard the pet name she knows only one person would address her as. "Minari?"

Mina is standing at the framed glass entrance of the kitchen in the common villa. She is wearing a proud smile and is casually looking back at the soccer ace who is absolutely looking puzzled right now. "Hey there, busy bee."

"What are you—" Before the smaller girl could react, her group mates made the first move to greet the council president.

RM creepily waves the knife he is holding for cutting the potatoes. "Hello, Mina!"

Somi just smiles and politely nods while Chaeryoung just pays her a blank glance for a second and immediately gets back to stirring the soup in the casserole.

Mina meekly smiles and nods to the three students who are looking truly busy at the moment.

The time now is a little past four in the afternoon. It is work hour time again and Chaeyoung's team is currently assigned to cook dinner while Mina's is assigned to clean the premises.

The soccer ace then quickly puts down the knife and the half carrot she was holding on to merrily walk towards her visitor. "Why? Do you need something?"

Mina calmly begins explaining. "Ms. Sandara and the other faculty staff, plus some retreat caretakers are working with us on cleaning the pool area. She asked if your team could make some more extra servings for the caretakers so that they could have dinner with us."

"Ahh. Sure!" Chaeyoung confidently states. "We can increase the cups of rice we'll be cooking and also maybe tweak the thickness of the sauce of the curry, then boil some eggs or cut more leftover carrots to let the food accommodate all of us."

"Great! I'll tell that to her." Mina glances one last time at the three other students in the room, then she grins at the smaller girl in front of her. "Baby cub."

"Hmm?"

The council president is maintaining an oddly mischievous grin as she nonchalantly utters. "My love."

"What—" Chaeyoung tries to stifle her smile but her dimple still faintly shows. There is no way she could be more obvious of how Mina could make her giddy in a matter of seconds and with just very simple actions. "What is it?"

Mina suddenly giggles. She remained silent while her eyes visibly moved from Chaeyoung's face going downwards, slowly scanning the other girl's frame.

The soccer ace is currently in her plain physical education uniform which are shorts and t-shirt. However, due to kitchen tasks, she is also wearing a checkered apron that is available for use for all the students assigned to the kitchen.

Chaeyoung shyly scratches her nape, unsure of how to take the attention she is receiving. "What— what are you doing, Minari?"

"Chaeng."

"Whaaaat?"

"You look so cute right now with that apron." The council president's eyes finally go back up to the soccer ace's face as she giggles once again. "It makes me want to pick you up and put you inside my front pocket. Then, I will just keep you there and only let you out once we're inside the church and in front of a priest."

"In— A church? A priest? What are you..."

"Yep. In the church. In front of a priest." Mina drops her words one after the other like she is just telling a casual happy story. "You. Me. There. So that I can keep you all to myself."