22 : That Kind of Love

"Hey." Tzuyu softly calls out after finally getting a glimpse of her girlfriend's figure sitting on the connecting stairs of the third and fourth floor. She cautiously walks to sit beside her.

"Leave me alone." Sana mumbles almost inaudibly. Her head is lowered down to her arms that are placed above her knees.

The younger girl faintly smiles. She obviously didn't listen because instead of leaving, she simply draped her arm over her girlfriend's shoulder. "Accidentally running into a very pretty girl who is crying all alone late at night in the hallways. Do you know how many of the students here would kill to have that miraculous opportunity?"

The vice president slowly pops her head up to look at Tzuyu and playfully scoff at her. "So?"

"So..." The young cheer captain looks into her girlfriend's eyes with sincerity. "There's no way I'm leaving that girl alone right now. Not to mention that the said girl happens to be mine and only mine to comfort."

Sana stifles a wide smile. She scoots closer to Tzuyu and places her head on the younger girl's shoulder. "Thank you."

The younger girl gives the vice president's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "I'm sorry that you had to be involved with all of this. I'll talk to Chaeyoung later. She has to apologize."

"It's fine, Tzu. You don't have to do that."

"What do you mean it's fine?" Tzuyu scrunches her eyebrows. "Nothing is fine with what happened."

"I also said unnecessary things." Sana reaches out to hold her girlfriend's hand. "My emotions also got the best of me. I was also partly wrong."

"Not as wrong as Chaeyoung. If I even have to go and talk to Mina to ensure—"

"Hey, hey, hey." Sana moves to cup her girlfriend's cheeks, forcing the younger girl's sentence to be stopped midway. "Of course, that small girl did something wrong but as I was saying... I also said insensitive things that when I think about now, it is reasonable why it got Chaeyoung provoked and lose her mind a little. If she doesn't go and talk to me, I will approach her first. Let the two of us settle this on our own accord, okay?"

Tzuyu just rolls her eyes. She heaves in a deep breath as she gently removes Sana's hands on her face, eventually nodding her head a couple of times in approval. "But you have to tell me if Chaeyoung talks to you badly again, okay?"

"I will, baby." The vice president flashes a soft smile. "I promise. However, knowing my best friend, I think neither of us needs to give that tiger cub some kind of word with her behavior earlier. Surely, Mina's going to give her the beating she deserves. I don't think we have to worry about that."

"You think so?"

"Of course! Plus, she's a council president and we already know that student council presidents are scary."

"I agree." Tzuyu faintly chuckles. "But... I thought Mina would be biased about this. You know, with Chaeyoung being her lover and all."

"Why?" Sana arches one of her eyebrows. "Are you just biased because—"

"No!" The younger girl waves her hands in the air rapidly. "No, no, no. Absolutely no!"

Sana promptly giggles how easily her girlfriend could be put in a mini panic with her simple words. "I'm just kidding." Then, she lets out a sigh and looks at the far side of the hallway floor. "Hey, Tzu."

"Hmm?"

"To be honest... What I'm worrying about right now is that if— in some way... my sentences kind of hurt you. I actually care more about that right now than getting an apology from Chaeyoung."