41 : Initiation

"What— Is that my alarm already?" Sana mumbles as she picks up the vibrating phone to the side of her head. "Huh— Why?" She puts her phone to her ear after seeing her screen. "Tzu?"

"Hey. Umm— Sorry. Did— Did I— I did wake you up, didn't I?"

"Tzuyu, my physical body literally just connected to my brain again. Don't stutter too much. I can't filter out your sentences clearly yet."

"Sorry. I'm— Umm— I'm at—"

Sana's eyes slowly widen. She abruptly stands up to squint at their door like her eyes have x-ray vision. "Are you outside of our room right now?"

There was absolute silence in Tzuyu's line for about two seconds. "Umm... Ye— yeah. Sorry. I was—"

The younger girl was still speaking but Sana just threw her phone on her bed as she quickly springs and almost runs to their room's entrance. She swiftly opens the door to indeed see the one and only Chou Tzuyu, holding her phone in the middle of the dimly lit hallways while leaning at the wooden railing right in front of where Sana is.

—— Tzuyu's POV ——

Oh, my god. How could she be so beautiful when she just got up straight out of bed.

I shyly scratch my cheeks and faintly smile. "He— Hey."

"Chou Tzuyu. It's just four in the morning. What are you—"

"I missed you." I look directly into my pretty girlfriend's eyes with all seriousness. "Sana, I woke up and I— I just felt like I wanted to see you. Baby, I missed you."

Sana opened her mouth, but no words left her lips so she just ended up closing it again. I obviously caught her off guard. Her eyes were just slowly blinking like a broken television screen for a couple of seconds.

Then, she smiles and raises her arms wide open in front of her. "I have never been woken up this good."

That's a good response, right?

Thinking I got the signal right. I immediately jumped onto my girlfriend's arms. "Sorry for waking you up. My body clock magically got me up so early and—"

That's not true. I set an alarm this early before I went to sleep last night.

"And seeing you was the first thing that bugged my mind."

Well, that one's true. Sana has always been my waking thought for many years now.

"You silly puppy." She playfully hits one of my shoulders. "I was dead set on giving you a cold shoulder when we are supposed to meet for breakfast today! How can I execute that plan later when you already got me good like this?"

Oh, did I? Good job, self.

I cautiously grinned at her. There is a reason for all this early morning sneak out mission I'm doing right now. "Are you still mad at me?"

"Hmm..." Sana sounded like she was thinking deeply. "I'm not sure."

I let out a long sigh as I slump my shoulders and pout. I think my hug on her is also tightening a bit. "Really? I'm— I'm really sorry about not responding to you. I was just a bit preoccupied with the girl who got hurt last night."

A. BIT. PREOCCUPIED.

Ugh! Why did I say that? Please don't nitpick that description, baby.

Sana gently breaks the hug and raises an eyebrow at me. "A bit preoccupied?"

I knew she would pick that up!