30 : Glitches

—— Thursday. Six days from now, Four days after the leadership camp. At the Son mansion ——

The soccer ace then promptly walks towards the long staircase at the center of the living room. The old maid is trailing behind her, trying to keep up with the fast pace of her legs. "Is the doctor already here?"

"Yes. Your family doctor already arrived a couple of minutes before you." The head maid quickly answers. "He is already attending to your father as we speak."

"Good." Chaeyoung lets out a huge sigh as they have now reached the wooden front door of her father's study. She heaves in a deep breath and mumbles while she pushes the cold knob open. "Please tell me that it's not that serious."

She then wasted no time in stepping into her father's study, only to be thunderstruck with what was unexpectedly thrown in front of her. Her brain momentarily stopped in absolute shock and her body froze like she was suddenly submerged in a bathtub full of ice.

In front of Chaeyoung right now, a girl is kneeling on the Son mansion's study floor. She is holding a small cloth that is soaking with some red liquid. Around the area where she is in, there is also what seemed to be the same colored liquid splashed all over. There is a bucket sitting right next to her. There are also shattered glasses scattered not too far from her on the floor.

—— Present day. First day of the leadership camp ——

"Tzuyu's definitely turning heads here." Jihyo whispers to Sana who is sitting beside her. She points to a table that the young cheer captain just walked by. "Can you see how the girls at that table just giggled while not so subtly checking her out?"

The clock just struck one in the afternoon, meaning the second agenda in the camp's program labeled as 'Work Hour Groupings and Assignments' is about to start.

"Don't point it out, Jihyo." Sana rolls her eyes. She is maintaining her body stiff and is not looking to where her seatmate is pointing at. "I don't want to see it."

The three girls were sitting around a table on the patio when Tzuyu got a bit thirsty and opted to have a quick trip to the water fountain that is on the opposite side of the area where they are in.

The council president faintly chuckles. "Why? What's the matter?"

"Do you think I don't notice how the other students look at her? I swear I won't have a choice but resort to violence one of these days if this attention to my gorgeous girlfriend does not subside."

"Hey, hamster!" Chaeyoung calls out, trying to start something again with the cheer captain. She and Mina are at the table just right beside where the other girl is.

"What?" Sana glares at the smaller girl. "If you're going to say some nonsense, better shut your mouth up."

"What's with her?" The soccer ace looks at Jihyo this time. "I wasn't even throwing my punchline yet. Her annoyance came earlier than it should."

Jihyo just squinted her eyes at Chaeyoung and shook her head in faint chuckles.

Then, Ms. Park steps in the elevated part of the patio and does her usual ritual of clapping first to get everyone's attention. "Hello, students! How are your rooms?"

"I love it, ma'am!" Chaeyoung cheerily shouts from her seat. "I have a feeling this is going to the best room in my life! It's a shame we're just staying here for three days."

A lot of the participants laughed at the soccer ace's answer.

Jihyo and Chaeryoung rolled their eyes at her while Sana and Bambam scoffed.