59 : Tzuyu's Part

Sana abruptly stands up from her seat and points a finger to Mr. Chou as her face expresses utter shock and disbelief. "DID YOU JUST AGREE TO CANCELING THE ARRANGED MARRIAGE WITH THE SONS?!"

"Yeah." Mr. Chou nonchalantly nods and answers. "That's what you heard from me, right?"

"BUT— But— But— But— HOW COULD YOU AGREE SO EASILY LIKE THAT?!"

Mr. Chou's loud laugh fills the place again. "Have you always been this funny, Sana?! I think I'm starting to like you for my daughter!"

"Mr. Chou—"

"But you're right. Of course, it shouldn't be that easy." Tzuyu's father widely grins at the cheer captain. "I am canceling the engagement on one condition."

"Wha— What is it?" Sana slowly sits back on her seat and gulps in nervousness. "Te— Tell me."

"I have two daughters now and I love them way over the moon. But, Tzuyu... I'm sure her Unnie would understand if I say that Tzuyu is the most precious thing on this earth for me, Sana. In my eyes, Tzu will always be a baby. I know that she is all grown up now but I think every parent thinks like that from time to time." Mr. Chou then calls out with all seriousness. "Minatozaki Sana."

"Ye— Yes?"

"Always make my daughter smile. Do your best to not make her cry and feel any regret in choosing you or get any pain in return for loving you. Her smile is the most valuable thing to me. If you are indeed her source of happiness, then she needs you to keep that smile on her face. Do you understand what I'm asking of you, Sana?"

Sana paused for a second before softly starting her reply. "Making the person I love the most be the happiest creature on earth has always been what I was aiming for." She slowly draws a wide grin to her face. "If that is the only thing you want in return, consider it done... Dad."

"Da—" Mr. Chou loudly chuckles again. "Dad?! Already?!"

The cheer captain wears a smug face. "I don't have any intention of giving up Tzuyu to you or to anyone anyway. I'm sure we'll be a family in the end by hook or by crook."

"You really are one odd kid!" Mr. Chou even claps a couple of times in pure amusement. He tries to calm himself after another minute. "Anyway, before you get way over your head, I actually decided to cancel the engagement before you got here."

"Hu— HUH?! What— WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

"HEY, TZU." The man of the house yells. "COME BACK HERE."

Sana's eyebrows promptly scrunch. "What—"

"You're just outside the door and are listening all this time, aren't you?" Mr. Chou glances at the door. "Come in here and explain to your girlfriend why I decided to cancel your fixed marriage before she even tried."

"WAIT." The cheer captain stands up again from her seat in heightening disbelief. "IF YOU ALREADY DECIDED TO CANCEL IT, WHY DID YOU EVEN HAD ME GO THROUGH ALL THAT SPEECH, MR. CHOU?!"

"Oh." Mr. Chou innocently points to the vice president. "You dropped the dad way sooner than I expected."

The door to the room slowly opens as Tzuyu shyly steps inside. "He— Hey."

"BABY?!" Sana yells in shock. Her cheeks are slowly turning red by the second. "Did you— Don't tell me you heard everything I said when I was talking to your dad?!"

"Ye— yeah." The younger girl obviously heard it, judging by how her cheeks are flushed at the moment. "I heard it all clearly, Sana."

"You should've told me, Mr. Chou!" Sana started whining like a little kid in the middle of the room. "It's embarrassing to me with my girlfriend hearing all of that!"