31 : First Work Hour

"Hey, Lee Chaeryoung!" Chaeyoung mutters in frustration. "Open it wider, would you? How can I put it all inside?"

"I'm already opening it with all I can." Chaeryoung promptly rolls her eyes. "Why are you making it hard for the two of us? Isn't this wide enough for you? It's your job to put it all inside!"

"Like you are doing your job properly." The soccer ace scoffs. "If you only open it just a bit more so that it's not that hard for me to put—"

"I know that you'd rather have your Minari doing this with you, but she's not with you." The cheer girl is now obviously annoyed. "She's with that other guy from your school now so stop being so prickly and suck it up with me!"

"YOU TWO ONLY HAVE ONE JOB." RM walks to his two friends and looks at them unamused. He is currently holding an old looking broomstick and is visibly sweating around his forehead and neck. "Put all the dried leaves using Chae's dustpan inside Chaer's garbage bag. What in the world are you two even doing?! You're just bickering around! How are we going to finish our task before dinner?!"

Time flew by through the first lecture and it is now the actual first work hour of the leadership camp. The current time is a little past the half hour of four in the afternoon.

"This is not on me!" Chaeyoung yells in clear whining. "Chaer is not opening the bags properly!"

"WHAT— Oh, come on, Chae!" Chaeryoung yells in protest. "If you only use more caution in putting it inside and not let every single dried leaf go back to the ground then we'll finish something for real!"

"UGH." RM puts the broom in between one of his armpits and massages his temples. "I forgot how crazy you two get when you're put together in the same team."

During the first scheduled work hour, Cheaeyoung and Jihyo's team were put on duty for cleaning the premises.

"Hey! Chaeyoung's group!" Jihyo walks to the three chaotic friends who are still picking at each other with the mess they are making. Sana is slowly trailing behind her. "Do you guys need help? We finished the part of the yard that's assigned to us."

"Ugh." RM was the first to speak. Chaeyoung and Chaeryoung are still busy making faces at each other like kindergarten kids at full war. "Yes, please! If you two could please lend us some—"

"AH. WAIT. No, no, no." Jihyo immediately cuts him off. "Sorry. When I said help... I was only referring to MY help. Not this girl behind me."

For the work hour groupings, Chaeyoung was put on the same team with her old friends RM and Chaeryoung, plus Somi. Then, Sana and Jihyo ended up in the same cluster. While Bambam and Mina are now teammates, Tzuyu has been unfortunately put alone with a totally new group of strangers on the last team.

"Huh? Why?" The soccer guy asks in wonder. "I mean— She's already here. And she's part of the assigned team so—"

"Out of ten dried leaves she could carry in a dustpan, only one barely survives and makes it to the garbage bag. When she uses the broomstick, the dried leaves just change places but they don't get put in one place. Believe me, she just multiplies the work."

"Hey, it's not like I do cleaning chores in our school. This is—"

Sana was about to protest but Jihyo just continued her mini speech about her. "Also, she trips on flat ground. That's a feat if I'd be asked."

Chaeyoung started chuckling. "Good luck with Tzuyu in their future life."

"You tiny little cub!" The vice president began running towards the soccer ace who promptly started running also in reflex. "Like you've done any help here yourself!"