25 : Toast

—— Thursday. Ten days from now, Four days after the leadership camp. At the Son mansion ——

A black luxurious sedan makes a screechy stop at the driveway. Its door opens abruptly with Son Chaeyoung almost jumping to the pavement. She wastes no time as she jogs to the house's main entrance and bursts through its door.

"Where is he?" Chaeyoung immediately asks in great anxiety at the head maid who is now quickly approaching her from the stairs. "Where is my dad?"

"He is in the small room connected to his study."

The soccer ace then promptly walks towards the long staircase at the center of the living room. The old maid is trailing behind her, trying to keep up with the fast pace of her legs. "Is the doctor already here?"

"Yes. Your family doctor already arrived a couple of minutes before you." The head maid quickly answers. "He is already attending to your father as we speak."

"Good." Chaeyoung lets out a huge sigh as they have now reached the wooden front door of her father's study. She heaves in a deep breath and mumbles while she pushes the cold knob open. "Please tell me that it's not that serious."

—— Monday. Present day. At the university's junior dormitories ——

"Mina." Sana asks from their dorm's mini kitchen. She is currently in the middle of scooping coffee beans from a container to their coffee grinder. "Do you also want some coffee?"

"Ah— Ye— Yes, please."

It is still the early morning of the last Monday of February, two days before March starts. The four girls who all slept in the same room last night are now all inside after that hallway scene of Chaeyoung and Sana.

Tzuyu is sitting on the chair by the room's dining table while the other cheer captain is diligently trying to make some freshly brewed coffee around the sink.

On the other hand, Mina and Chaeyoung are on the bed again. The council president is sitting by the edge of her own bed, or more accurately, she can't freely stand up. A certain smaller girl is having her waist wrapped up, thus she is tied down against the sheets.

"What happened to that tiger cub, huh?" Sana speaks again while she puts back the coffee beans container to their cabinet. "She's acting like a total baby."

Mina gives her best friend an unamused look. "You're the one who was with her when she's crying earlier."

"But, still—" The vice president glances at her roommate just to roll her eyes. "Believe me. I don't understand why she's acting like that. She's just being a baby."

Tzuyu nonchalantly comments. She is currently slicing some cheese on a chopping board oh-so slowly like she measures every millimeter of it. "Aren't you just jealous that Chaeyoung took your airtime on your supposed drama show?"

"I'm here you know!" Chaeyoung suddenly yells in whining while her face is still buried on Mina's stomach. "I can all hear you!"

The three other girls just looked at each other and chuckled.

Chaeyoung has been awfully clingy this whole time from when they returned back to the dorm room since Mina could remember. Right now, she is still lying on the bed. Her head is on the council president's lap while one of her arms is holding on to the bottom hem of Mina's shirt on the back.

"Well..." Mina glances at the girl on her lap and flashes a playful smirk. "I don't mind her being my baby for today."

Sana gasps and immediately acts like she is disgusted. She then shakes her head after and stifles her chuckles as she finally turns on their coffee grinder.