70 : My Love

—— Sunday. Two days after Mr. Son woke up. At the Son mansion ——

"Finally!" Chaeyoung lets herself freely fall on her bed along with the sports bag she was holding. "WOW. I almost forgot what my own bed feels like!"

Mina rolls her eyes while stifling a smile. She is standing by the room's entrance and is also carrying a backpack of her own.

It is around eight in the evening. After having dinner at the hospital room with Nayeon, Mr. Son, and Jeongyeon, the two girls decided to go home to the Son mansion to get a good night's sleep.

In reality though, it was more like Chaeyoung's father coaxed them to go home. He wanted the two girls to finally have a proper rest after that three day stay with him at the hospital.

A maid who was following them, carrying a pitcher of iced water steps into the room. "Your father always asks us to dust your room even though you were always away."

The soccer ace scrunches her eyebrows and straightens her body to sit on her bed. "He did?"

"Yes, miss." The maid politely answers. "He asks to clean this up much more frequently than any part of the house."

"I see." Chaeyoung smiles and scratches her cheek. "My dad is one weird guy."

The maid simply nods and smiles in response. She then politely bows to Mina before exiting the room.

The soccer ace plops herself back again to her bed while Mina slowly makes her way to the table where the pitcher of liquid is.

"Which one of those men in black outside can drive me back to the university?" The council president starts. She is now pouring herself some water. "It's getting late. Are they supposed to be working here twenty-four hours?"

"Huh?" Chaeyoung's expression changes into something with annoyance. She rolls her body on the bed to face the direction where the other girl is. "What are you saying?"

Mina downs in the cold water first before answering. "Which would you want to clarify? And why are you throwing back another question when I just asked you questions myself?"

"Why—" The soccer ace sits on the bed and looks at the other girl with a serious expression. "Why are you assuming that I'm letting you go back to the dorms at this hour?"

"Huh?" The council president puts down the glass on the table where the pitcher is. "I thought we already agreed that I can go back to schooling again now that your dad is doing better? Tomorrow is a Monday. I have a class before lunch. It would be good that I'd be at the dorms so that I won't bother you when I wake up in the morning."

"Shiro."

"Wha—"

"SHIRO!" Chaeyoung started whining like a kid. "You're sleeping here tonight!"

"But Chaeng—"

"MYOI MINA!"

"Wha— what?" Mina flinches a bit and stares at the smaller girl with utter wonder. "What now?"

"I've been sleeping for the past three days with you by my side! You chose to sleep beside me! You did not go to school and stayed with me for the past three days! You chose to stay by my side all those times! And now that everything is over, you want to leave me alone?!"

"I— Umm— Chae—" The council president is obviously lost with what is happening right now. "What— I can't— what are you trying to say?"

Instead of answering, Chaeyoung pouts and crosses her arms in front of her.

Mina slightly tilts her head and squints at the whining baby on the bed. The two of them simply stared at each other for another minute before the council president decided to finally speak again. "Okay."