23 : Good Night

—— Chaeyoung's POV ——

I step out of the bathroom. I told Minari that I wanted to shower. It's not like I needed it physically. I just wanted to cool my head down and have some alone time.

When I look at the room's wall clock, it is now past midnight.

I slowly made my way towards Minari's bed and momentarily stopped at its side. I glance at Sana's bed, just a few steps from where I'm standing.

The girlfriends are already dozing off. Tzuyu is elegantly lying flat on her back like she is still practicing some cheer posture. On the other hand, the hamster has her mouth slightly opened with her arms and legs draped all over Tzuyu's body. Sana even looked like she was mumbling something that is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

I automatically smiled at the adorable couple and slightly shook my head.

I have to apologize to Sana first thing in the morning.

Then, my smile slowly falls off as I look at Mina's bed. I'm not sure if she is already sleeping since she is lying on her side with her back facing me. I avoided her for the rest of the night after our heated argument earlier. It's not like I really wanted to. It's just I don't know how to approach her again after all the things that happened.

I heave in a deep breath as I cautiously sit on the bed. I immediately noticed that the comforter is pulled only up to my Minari's waist so I gently moved to have it placed up to her chest.

I let out a tired sigh as I stared at her back for another minute.

Let's now try to get some sleep.

I tried to be as cautious as possible with my movements. Minari looked like she was already sleeping so I surely didn't want to wake her up. I lied to my side with my back also facing hers.

And then I let out another sigh.

This is a very tiring day. We started with a date, then I cried in her arms, and then suddenly we were even making out in this same bed. But now...

I slowly closed my eyes.

But now we're sleeping next to each other with our backs facing the other and without even telling each other good night.

After about five minutes of nothing but spacing out with the quietness of the surroundings and the scent of Minari from the pillow sheet that is under my head, I felt that I was slowly drifting to sleep.

However, I suddenly felt movements on the bed. That only means Minari shifted on the bed.

And just like that, I was once again fully awake. I did not open my eyes though. I was just trying to perceive what the other body on the bed would do.

And the next thing I knew, there was an arm snaking over my waist and a nose trying to sniff the hair over my nape.

Don't.

I tried my best to not move. I tried my best to not reach out to her hand on my stomach or caress her face that is right behind my head.

Don't give in.

And then I felt the hold on my waist tighten.

Hold your ground, Son Chaeyoung. You're the one who pushed her away earlier.

I was having an internal war with myself and I am not so sure if I'm winning.

You already made it clear earlier that you were tired. You said that you two would just talk in the morning.

And then she gently moves her hand over my thin shirt. Without lifting a finger, her palm makes a feathery trail from my lower stomach, passing my navel, then to my abdomen. She travels further in the middle of my chest and finally rests her hand right on the shoulder I have against the bed.