50 : Just Curious

"Hey, Ms. Manager!" Momo jogs closer to Nayeon.

The two girls, along with all the soccer team are out in the open field. It is the early morning of a Sunday. They just finished their catch up practice so the players are now starting to disperse everywhere to clean up with their equipment and get back to the locker room.

The soccer manager patiently waits for their team captain to get closer before speaking. "I'm still not available, Momo." She began in a tone that lacks energy and like she is saying some kind of rehearsed speech that is devoid of emotions. "I'm still with Jeong. And no, I'm not planning on breaking up with her."

Momo promptly chuckles. She is still a bit breathless from the practice. "No, no, no. This is not about—"

Nayeon continues her mini speech. "And I don't have any intentions of cheating on her. Not with you. Not with anyone. My Jeongyeonie's too precious for that and I'd be the dumbest person alive to do that."

"Seriously—" The soccer captain's laugh intensifies. "Do I look like I want to hit on you every single time I approach you?"

The soccer manager just silently raises an eyebrow at the happy girl in front of her.

"Okay, okay. Sorry." Momo calms herself after seeing that the other girl is not up for some joking today. "I— I may be always like that to you—"

"Thank you for not denying." Nayeon faintly smirks. She lets out a short sigh and shrugs. "So, what is it that you want this time if you're not about to try and brag about your raspy voice in a barrage of pickup lines?"

"I... Umm— The thing is..." The soccer captain shyly looks above the sky, then to the far side of the field. "I'm actually curious about Sana."

"YOU ARE WHAT?!"

"Hey, hey, hey. It's—" Momo quickly waves her hands in the air. "This is not what you think!"

"SANA IS MY SISTER'S GIRLFRIEND!"

"I— UGH." The soccer captain rolls her eyes. "Seriously, Nayeon. I'm not interested in the cheer captain like you think!"

The soccer manager looks at her in disbelief. "Then why in the world are you curious about her?"

"I— Umm... I— I think—"

Nayeon shakes her head and starts walking in haste towards the direction of the soccer lockers.

"Wait, Nayeon!" Momo quickly jogs to try and surpass the other girl's path. "Wait, wait, wait." She immediately blocks the soccer manager's way using her body with arms raised to her side. "Hear me out first, please?"

"Speak." Nayeon crosses her arms in front of her with an unamused look. "Now."

"I— Ah— The— The truth is— There's a friend of mine! Right. That's right." Momo's eyes are wandering everywhere while she is trying to find the right words and win her case with the other girl. "There— There's a friend of mine that has a huge crush on Sana. She's like head over heels, fly me to the moon, you are my destiny kind of crushing with the cheer captain."

The soccer manager is just silently listening and looking directly at the soccer captain so Momo just continued speaking.

"And— and this friend of mine. She— Umm... She's brokenhearted. Yeah, she's utterly broken and I— I want to figure out how I could help her. That— that's why I'm curious about Sana. So that— so that I can help my friend."

"Do I know her?"

"Who?"

"Your friend who's—"

"NO! Absolutely no! You— she— she's way out of your circle of— umm— social circle. Here. In our school."