16 : Welcome Back

The door to Mina and Sana's dorm room slowly opens as a guilty looking girl cautiously steps inside. The time now is around eight in the evening on a Sunday. The light inside the room is slightly dimmed.

As soon as Sana carefully closes the door behind her, a flat voice immediately speaks from further inside the unit which even startled her a bit as she abruptly held on to her chest.

"Chaeyoung." Nayeon utters with her eyes glued to the cheer girl who is now flashing them an awkward smile.

The soccer ace, currently sitting on Mina's bed, flashes a playful smirk and quickly replies. "Yes, Nayeon?"

Nayeon arrived at the dorm room earlier when she was looking for Chaeyoung, claiming that she needs their team's ace waiver forms for the upcoming leadership camp be processed as soon as possible.

The soccer manager squints at Sana's figure. She is flatly standing beside Chaeyoung and has her hands crossed over her chest. "Please tell me what I'm looking at."

"Hmm..." Chaeyoung tries her best to stifle her impending chuckles. "I think you're looking at a young girl who did not go home for three days. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And she was just instructed to pick up some council tasks from another school." She lets out an obviously faked sigh. "I wonder where in the world she stayed?"

"Good point." Nayeon slowly nods a couple of times. "I also wonder about that. Where could she have possibly spent those three days and with who?"

"Umm..." Sana awkwardly chuckles. "Na— Nayeon... Unnie?"

The soccer manager promptly scoffs. "Wow. Three straight days with my little sister in her own room and now you're calling me Unnie?"

And Chaeyoung wasn't able to hold the fun in anymore as she burst into laughter.

"Oh." Mina suddenly emerges from the dorm's comfort room. She quickly scans the three girls and somehow gets the idea of what is currently happening. "Sana, you're back? Or... are you here to just pick up some clothes and then leave me again?"

Sana promptly rolls her eyes at her best friend. "Oh, come on, Mina. Did you miss me that—"

"Nope." The council president shakes her head furiously. She waves her hand in the air and answers nonchalantly. "Go on. Leave whenever you want. As long as you want. Just go."

"Ugh." The cheer captain then began her whining. She walks towards her best friend and tries to hug her. "Minaaaa. Come on, don't be like that to me."

"What?" Mina didn't move her arms to reciprocate the embrace. She maintains a blank face as she flatly speaks. "You have Tzuyu now. Why come back to me? Go live in her dorm and be her roommate instead."

"Minaaaaa." Sana pouts like a kid and continues her whining. "Don't be like that to me! I'm sorryyyyy. I won't do that again!"

The council president arches an eyebrow. "Really?"

"I— I'll tell you in advance next time."

"Oooh." Nayeon decides to join the teasing. "If I'd be Mina, I can't accept that. That's insincere and definitely said with a hint of selfishness."

Chaeyoung also chimes in. "Well, if I were Minari, I would also feel abandoned. I mean— I'm your best friend for heaven's sake. I should still mean something to you even when you just hooked up with a very pretty—"

"HEY!" The cheer captain points and yells to the two soccer girls. "Don't put more fire into it! This is between me and Mina! And why are you two even in our room?"

The soccer team's ace and manager just bursts into chuckles with the now annoyed hamster. Mina also flashes a gummy smile and eventually laughs with them.

After the momentary waves of happiness, the council president speaks again, this time looking at Chaeyoung. "Chaeng."

"Hmm?"

"Shouldn't you be back to the sophomore dorms now?"

"Ah— Umm." Chaeyoung smiles awkwardly. "Is that really necessary?"

"Huh?" Mina scoffs. "What kind of question is that?"

Sana and Nayeon just gave each other a look and simply listened to the conversation unfolding in front of them.

"Mi— Minari. Can I—"

"Nope." Mina gently frees herself from the cheer captain's arms that were still clinging onto her and treads to the smaller girl comfortably sitting on her bed. "Up, baby cub."

"But, Minari—"

"Up. Now."

Chaeyoung then lets out a huge sigh of defeat. She slumps her shoulders and starts to lazily get up from the bed. "Okay, okay. I'm leaving this room now where I can freely be with the love of my life and go back to that room where I have to finish my mountain of boring school work." She exhales deeply. "Well, at least my bro is there with me to—"

And then there were three loud knocks on the door.

"Let me get that." Nayeon immediately walks to the room's door and consecutively opens it with her bunny smile. "Hello, babe."

And Chaeyoung promptly rolls her eyes, mumbling to herself. "Or not. Great. Now, I'd be alone in our dorm room if I go back now."

"Hey, pretty bunny." Jeongyeon swiftly leaned in and kissed her girlfriend's cheek. "What's up?"

The soccer manager points to Sana's direction. "The hamster is back."

"Finally." The council treasurer promptly rolls her eyes. She slowly walks inside the unit to go straight to the cheer captain. "Hey, Minatozaki."

"Wha— what?"

"Yes or no." Jeongyeon seriously looks at her. "Did you touch Tzuyu while you were with—"

Sana quickly answers in panic. "WHAT THE—"

"Answer me, Minatozaki!"

"I did not!" The cheer captain frantically waves her hands in dismissal. "And— and if I did it's not like—"

"Huh?" Nayeon cuts in to react. She is now standing beside her girlfriend. "It's not like what? Pick your words carefully, you sly hamster. What did you do to my innocent sister?"

Sana glances at her best friend with a cornered look. And like in some kind of secret friendship code, Mina somehow understood what help the cheer captain needed at the moment.

"Umm..." The council president loudly clears her throat, immediately getting everyone's attention. "Nayeon, Jeong. As much as I'd love to chuckle while you roast Sana with your older sister questions... Before you ask any more unnecessary things, I'd like to take the liberty to tell you that... Minatozaki Sana is now Chou Tzuyu's official girlfriend."

"HUH?" The girlfriends answered in unison. They also simultaneously dart their eyes back to Sana right after.

The cheer captain awkwardly chuckles at them. "He— hello, Nayeon Unnie. Jeongyeon Unnie. I— I hope that I'll get along with my future family from now on."