3 : Overstaying

Just a minute after Tzuyu has stepped back into her dorm room, there are rapid and what sounds like furious knocks to her door. She quickly turns her heel to tend to it with heightened nervousness.

The moment the cheer captain opens the wooden carved door, she immediately rolls her eyes. "What was that? Please tell me this is something important."

Jihyo is on the doorstep with a wide and obvious fake smile. "Hi, Tzuyu."

"What brings you here in such a—"

"I'm going in." The council president didn't waste another second and welcomed herself inside.

"What— Jihyo!" Tzuyu promptly follows the girl who walked fast into the two bedroom condo apartment style dormitory unit. "Why are you— Hey, Park Jihyo!"

"Where is she, huh?"

"Hu— Huh?"

Jihyo gives her an unamused look. "Where is your girl? Where are you hiding her?"

Tzuyu squints at her, looking completely lost with what is happening. "What do you mean? What are you—"

"Oh, come on! I just came off from Mina's school and she told me that her roommate did not go home last night. Where the hell is—"

"What is this commotion—" Sana emerges with bed hair from one of the rooms. "Oh. Hi there, Jihyo."

"Umm..." Tzuyu holds the council president's arm. "Jihyo, please let me—"

"Hello, Sana." Jihyo flashes a wide smile. "Did you just come out from Chou Tzuyu's room? Moreover, did you just wake up?"

"Yeah." The vice president covers her mouth as she yawns. "Just now. I fell asleep when Tzu went to her afternoon class."

"Interesting." The council president shakes off the younger girl's hand on her arm and slowly walks towards the older cheer captain. "So you did not go home yesterday when I left you with Tzuyu?"

Sana paused for a moment to glance at Tzuyu knowingly. Shen then turns back to the council president and smiles awkwardly. "Ye— yeah. One thing led to another and—"

"Minatozaki Sana." Jihyo points a finger to her. "That's exactly the line that guys usually start when they just got a girl pregnant! Please tell me you did not—"

"PARK JIHYO!" Tzuyu yells to cut in. "Don't jump into—"

However, Sana started chuckling and spoke again. "What are you saying? Even if we did it, I can't make Tzu—"

"HEY, MINATOZAKI SANA!" Tzuyu yells again, this time directed to her childhood friend. "That's not the right answer to—"

And Jihyo comments, cutting the younger girl for the second time. "So you really did—"

"Hey." Sana laughs louder. "I already told you that even if we did, I can't make Tzu—"

"WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP YOU TWO!" Tzuyu suddenly shouted from the top of her lungs. She glares at the two other girls who are now silenced by her visibly annoyed behavior.

There was silence for about a minute, until the council president whispered to Sana. "Did we make her angry? That's not what I was aiming to happen."

The vice president just faintly chuckles and answers in a mumble. "Could be. But for me, it was just a turn on."

"Ugh." Jihyo can't help but roll her eyes dramatically at the giggly school visitor to her side.

Sana then turns to her fuming childhood friend. "I'm sorry, baby. I was just fooling around."

Tzuyu gives her an unamused look. "Tsk. You were misleading Jihyo intentionally with a very different idea."

Sana then lets out a sigh. She looks at the council president who is flatly standing in the room with them. "Jihyo... Tzuyu's right. I just literally slept in her bed. Nothing else happened. When you left us two yesterday, we had a bit of an argument so the talk got longer than I at least expected. Good thing we somehow made up but then... it was already too late and I was worried about the curfew so I stayed here."

JIhyo raises one of her eyebrows, looking unconvinced. "But why are you still here, huh? It's already almost evening again, young lady."

"Sorry." Sana pouts and looks down, guilty for her actions. She began babbling in explanation. "It's just that this morning, I woke up late and then Tzu's roommate was fun to talk with so we hung out a bit in the kitchen until the afternoon. And— and then Tzu had to go to her afternoon classes and I happened to have fallen asleep again. After that, when I woke up, you— you're already here."

Jihyo continued to stare intensely at the vice president. "And why do I feel like you don't have any plans of going back to your school tonight?"

"Umm..." The cheer captain in question glances at Tzuyu, signaling for some kind of help in being roasted alone. "The— the truth is— I— I was actually planning on... staying over the weekend."

"Hey, Minatozaki Sana." The council president lets out a deep sigh. "I hate to be the one to break it to you but, for your information, our dormitories are not some kind of hotel. You can't stay here as much as you want. Doesn't your school also have those rules?"

"Wait, Jihyo—" Tzuyu also tried to comment. "I was the one who asked her to stay. This is not on her. I was the one who—"

Jihyo quickly points a finger to the younger girl. "You're also getting your part of the scolding later, Chou Tzuyu. Let me tend to your visitor for now. You're a student leader here. You should've known better."

And then Tzuyu immediately imitates the already pouting and bowing down Sana. The two cheer captains now look like kids being scolded by their mom for having an unsupervised night party. They are surely in it for a long lecture about school policies from the council president.