65 : Mina's Part

"Come in." Mr. Son blankly states. He is sitting on the main table of his study with eyes fixated on a bundle of printed papers he is currently scanning.

Mina slightly nods and makes a beeline to the couch in front of him. "Good morning, Mr. Son."

"Nothing is good this morning, Ms. Myoi." He is still not giving the girl even a glance. "I am a busy man and here I was finding some time for some girl who I never met and I'm sure has nothing good to tell me."

"Mr. Son, I—"

"Just to be clear." The man finally puts the papers down and looks at her. "I only agreed to meet you because of Joong Ki. I'm not sure what you said to my guy to set up this meeting with me but I just can't let him down when he asked so seriously. That lawyer has always been good to my family and my business for as long as I could remember."

"I still appreciate it, Mr. Son." Mina is still standing in front of the couch, being extra cautious with her manners. "Thank you so much for agreeing to—"

"Cut to the chase, young lady." The man pushes the papers to the side of his desk. He stands up from his seat and picks up an expensive looking bottle of red wine on another table to his side. "We are not here to get chummy with each other, aren't we? Plus, I'm sure we are never going to see each other again after this."

"Umm...The— then—" Mina begins to fiddle with her fingers. "Mr. Son, I have—"

"How much is your alcohol tolerance?" Mr. Son cuts her in again as he transfers some ice cubes from a prepared bowl to a boxy looking clear glass. "Why don't you have some while we talk? It will be a shame if I'm the only one drinking."

"I—" The council president faintly smiles. "I actually don't like drinking, sir."

The man who was about to put an ice cube on a second glass using the aluminum tong abruptly halted his actions. He slowly arches an eyebrow and looks in Mina's direction. "You don't?"

The council president gulped and simply nodded.

Mr. Son then lets out a sigh. He puts back the tong on the ice container and pops the bottle open, pouring some to the first glass he had put some ice earlier. "Really. A shame, Ms. Myoi. I heard my Chaeyoung is a heavy drinker."

He sighs once again as he walks to the couches in front of his table, carrying the beverage in his hand. "Little things like that could matter in relationships, you know."

Chaeyoung's father finally signals his visitor to sit as he also plops himself on the opposite couch where the girl is. "Take a seat, Ms. Myoi."

"Thank you, sir." Mina faintly smiles and obeys. Her hands and forehead are now visibly sweating. "The reason I wanted to meet with you sir is because I need you to agree with Mr. Chou's request to cancel the fixed marriage."

"HUH?"

"I— Mr. Son, I—"

"Did you even hear yourself?! Who are you to tell me that?!"

"Your— Your wife—" Mina's hands are now shaking as she fishes out an envelope from her bag. "She left me with—"

"AND DON'T YOU DARE MENTION MY WIFE!" Mr. Son suddenly yells. Based on his behavior, there is now way that what he is currently drinking is his first glass of wine. "YOU DON'T KNOW HER!"

"Sir, please calm down. Yes, I never met her personally but she is—"

"STOP. TALKING. RIGHT NOW." The man's eyes are a bit reddish. His hand seems to be gripping the glass tighter than he should. "I swear if you don't—"