64 : The Storm

A black luxurious sedan makes a screechy stop at the driveway. Its door opens abruptly with Son Chaeyoung almost jumping to the pavement. She wastes no time as she jogs to the house's main entrance and bursts through its door.

"Where is he?" Chaeyoung immediately asks in great anxiety at the head maid who is now quickly approaching her from the stairs. "Where is my dad?"

"He is in the small room connected to his study."

The soccer ace then promptly walks towards the long staircase at the center of the living room. The old maid is trailing behind her, trying to keep up with the fast pace of her legs. "Is the doctor already here?"

"Yes. Your family doctor already arrived a couple of minutes before you." The head maid quickly answers. "He is already attending to your father as we speak."

"Good." Chaeyoung lets out a huge sigh as they have now reached the wooden front door of her father's study. She heaves in a deep breath and mumbles while she pushes the cold knob open. "Please tell me that it's not that serious."

The soccer ace then wasted no time in stepping into her father's study, only to be thunderstruck with what was unexpectedly thrown in front of her. Her brain momentarily stopped in absolute shock and her body froze like she was suddenly submerged in a bathtub full of ice.

In front of Chaeyoung right now, a girl is kneeling on the Son mansion's study floor. She is holding a small cloth that is soaking with some red liquid. Around the area where she is in, there is also what seemed to be the same colored liquid splashed all over. There is a bucket sitting right next to her. There are also shattered glasses scattered not too far from her on the floor.

It took a couple of seconds before the soccer ace recovered from the shock. She heaves in a deep breath as she tries to find her voice. "Mi— Mi— Minari?"

"Chae— Chaeng." Mina nervously stands up from the floor, still holding the cloth that is dripping with the red liquid. Her clothes are also visibly stained with splashes of something reddish all over. "I— Umm—"

"What— what in the world are you doing at this place, Minari? What are you doing in our house?" Chaeyoung's eyebrows are scrunched and her voice is full of doubt and uncertainty. "Moreover, what— how— why are you inside my dad's study? What are you— Minari, please tell me that there is a good explanation to all of this."

"Wait. I— I know this is absolutely weird right now and—"

"This is absolutely beyond the word weird!"

Mina flinches at the sudden raising of the soccer ace's voice. "Chaeng. I— I know that this is unexpected and all of this unexplainable but— but— Umm—" The council president starts fiddling with the cloth in her hands which only makes the red liquid be squeezed from it and creepily drip down again on the floor. "Let me— Chaeng, let me—"

Chaeyoung furiously turns to their head maid who is standing silently right outside the study's door frame. "Come here."

"Yes, Ms. Chaeyoung?" The maid quickly steps inside the room.

"What is she doing here?"

"Chaeng—"

Mina was about to speak again when the soccer ace obviously had patience thinning out. "YOU CAN'T EVEN TALK STRAIGHT TO ME, MYOI MINA! THIS IS STARTING TO FRUSTRATE ME!"

"Miss—" The maid then quickly begins her supposed answer. "Miss Chaeyoung, she arrived here hours ago claiming that she has an appointment with your father. Mr. Son acknowledged her so I guided her to the study and— and you know how your father doesn't like the helpers to be inside this room so we didn't know what exactly happened after."