9 : Roommates

"You're up early as usual." Tzuyu's roommate comments as she walks into their room's kitchen. "I really can't beat your schedule, can I?"

The cheer captain answers unamused. She is currently filling her tumbler up with water. "It's called discipline, Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon promptly rolls her eyes. She walks to their mug rack to get one coffee mug. "Yes, Ms. Cheer captain. I already heard that a million times now."

Lee Chaeyeon is Chou Tzuyu's assigned roommate. Like in Mina's university, there is a dormitory system in place at their school, separating the students by gender.

If there is one thing certain about Tzuyu's school, it is obviously an expensive university for the richer kids in the already rich spectrum of the society. Each room is definitely not just a simple dorm type and although they still call it dorms, each unit could pass as an apartment for a small sized family. They have two separate bedrooms in each dorm, a small kitchen, and a living room area that are all fully furnished.

"Sana's still sleeping in my room." Tzuyu squints and points a finger to her. "Don't make too much noise, okay?"

"Alrighty, Ms. Newly wedded girl."

The cheer captain loudly scoffs. "When are you going to stop with that habit of giving people names, huh?"

"Never." Chaeyeon flashes a proud smirk. "You won't believe how much of the boys and girls I flirted with are crazy with that habit of mine. A lot of them fall right off the bat when I call them 'Mr. Handsome' or 'Ms. Take my heart away'."

"Eeew. Gross." Tzuyu acts like she is gagging and faintly chuckles. "I don't even want to think about it."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, move." Chaeyeon roughly pulls her roommate from the water dispenser to pour water into her mug. "Are you about to head out now?"

"Yep. You caught me right at the moment of doing that."

"Okay. Take care, baby girl."

"Ugh." Tzuyu rolled her eyes dramatically. She walked towards their door but immediately halted her movement when she held the knob. "But hey, Chaeyeon."

"Yep? What is it?"

"Don't tease my Sana too much, okay?"

"Seriously? You're being overprotective, young lady!" Chaeyeon loudly laughs. "She's not a kid, you know. Plus, she's fun to tease."

"LEE CHAEYEON. I swear I'm going to kill you if you—"

"Okay, okay." Chaeyeon waves her hand in dismissal. "I will watch my tongue for you, my Tzuyu. Happy?"

Tzuyu just shook her head and quickly exited the place right after.

—— After two hours——

"Oh." Chaeyeon notices the girl quietly walking towards the kitchen table. She is currently finishing a hash brown, a bagel sandwich, and having some brewed coffee. "Late good morning, lazy Tzuyu's guest."

"Ugh." The cheer captain answers without enthusiasm. "Please. I just woke up, Chaeyeon. Don't get me started."

Tzuyu's roommate flashes a wide smile. "Okay, okay. Have some breakfast then. I cooked it earlier."

Sana stops to the side of the table and eyes the containers with a couple more hash browns on it. "You did?"

"Of course not." Chaeyeon playfully rolls her eyes. "I just ordered it outside. You know I can't cook."

"Yeah." The cheer captain chuckles. She lazily moves towards the mug rack to get a coffee mug. "You proved it big time already yesterday when you burnt that scrambled eggs we were supposed to eat at lunch."

Sana treads to the coffee maker to pour herself some hot beverage. "Where's Tzu?"

Chaeyeon answers while munching on her last bite of sandwich. "Your girlfriend went out for a run. That woman is always devoted to taking care of her own body. I think you've got to learn a thing or two from her."

"Hey! My body's already scorching hot as you can see."

"Hmm..." Chaeyeon playfully scans the other girl's body as the cheer captain walks back to the table and sits opposite of her. "I'm not sure about that, young lady."

Sana scoffs and shakes her head. "Talk about being blind."

Chaeyeon was about to comment again when the door to their room slowly opened with Tzuyu consecutively walking inside.

"Tzu!" The vice president quickly yells cheerfully.

"Hey." Tzuyu smiles and makes a beeline towards her girlfriend. "Were you up that long?"

"Nope. Just now. A few minutes ago."

"Let's have some breakfast." Sana glances at Chaeyeon in obvious teasing. "Your roommate finally did one good thing after that horrible lunch yesterday. We don't have to eat bitter blackened food because she wasn't the one who cooked it."

Chaeyeon tries to look unfazed and utters a rebuttal. "You've got a lazy girlfriend, Chou Tzuyu. She is definitely not an early riser like you. I think you waited too long just to mess up big time with who to choose."

"Hey!" Sana yells again in protest. "That is not so true!"

"And, Tzuyu." Chaeyeon continues and ignores the fuming hamster. "Why is she still here? I thought for one moment that I now have two roommates. Plus, haven't we had an agreement about bringing other people here overnight?"

"Sorry, Chaeyeon. Don't worry. Sana is going home later tonight."

"Really?" Chaeyeon fakes a gasp. "Thank goodness she will."

Sana speaks with curiosity and a raised eyebrow. "What agreement are you talking about?"

"Ahh." Tzuyu explains it further to her girlfriend. "You see, Chaeyeon is on a whole lot of level of what you call a play girl. So I had to go and make a rule here that we're not bringing one night stands or flings or whatever you'd want to call it at our place. Although that—"

The vice president was quick to cut in and react with heightened emotions. "HEY, CHOU TZUYU! I THOUGHT—"

"Wait, wait, wait." The younger girl rapidly waves her hand in denial. "I was about to say that the rule was of course only applying to her. You know I never had any of those flings or something like that in the past."

Chaeyeon comments unamused. "But now you have a girl, Tzuyu."

"Hey— Sana is not like your short term relationships for entertainment!" Tzuyu quickly answers. "I'm— I'm serious with her."

"Aww." The vice president giggles and wraps her arm around her girlfriend's waist. "My baby."

"Yeah, right." Chaeyeon stands up from the table and treads to the kitchen sink to wash her coffee mug. "I'm going out. That's too much for me this morning. Stop flirting in front of me, you two."