27 : Gathering

"Finally." Mina mumbles under her breath as soon as she and her luggage stepped out of their school's mini bus. "We're here."

Just on the first look, anyone can surely infer that the place is far more spacious than it should be for the twenty student leaders, five from each of the four participating universities and five faculty members who will be facilitating the event.

Chaeyoung also gets out of the vehicle right behind the council president. She has a huge backpack and one medium sized sports bag in her hand. She immediately lets her eyes wander all over the far area around her. "Wow. This is— Wow."

Mina turns to look at the soccer ace with a smug face like she owns the place. "I know, right? This is a really great place."

The organizers appended the event name with the word camp in it but surely the connotation of the word camping is a universe away from the retreat place that they rented.

To be exact, the place is located at the foot of a mountain range that happens to be around a natural lake. The nature outside is clearly fascinating. The breeze is just the right amount of cold for comfort, there is a vast amount of vegetation all over the area, and the sounds of birds and crickets can be audibly heard to complete the perfect nature feels.

Bambam and the two cheer girls soon also got out with all grins, obviously making themselves already fond of the place at first sight.

Mina, together with the four other students, then immediately started walking further inside after another minute of settling everyone's footing on the ground. They had almost four hours of travel on their mini bus.

"It's just straight ahead, right?" Chaeyoung turns to ask Mina. She is now holding a mini map of the place in her right hand. The place they rented is indeed that huge that they were even given a map to navigate around.

"I think so." Mina nods a couple of times after quickly glancing at the map. They have been walking for about seven minutes now. "Let's keep walking straight ahead."

It took them about another three minutes before they caught a glimpse of what they could infer as the garden patio. In the said common area is where everyone agreed to meet up for the very first time on day one of the leadership camp.

The time is currently twelve minutes before nine in the morning. Mina and her schoolmates successfully arrived without getting late by the clock.

As Mina and her four other schoolmates walk to it, the white noise from the crowd is being heard louder and louder. And, the moment they step into the patio, there is indeed already a significant number of people gathered on it.

Sana let out a huge sigh as soon as they stood in the place. "Thank goodness we're here on time! I'll never hear the end of the scolding if we missed even a minute."

"Oh, come on." Mina rolls her eyes at her best friend. "Am I like that?"

Chaeyoung and the cheer captain quickly exchanged knowing glances as they slowly looked back at the council president with unamused expressions.

Mina just chuckles faintly at them. She then quickly scans the crowd, making an estimate that two schools have already arrived before them. Majority of the participants are chit chatting on maybe getting to know topics or some usual leadership geek stuff.

"MINA! Myoi Mina!" Jihyo yells from the far side of the patio, waving her hand.

Mina quickly hears the relatively loud voice from her fellow council president. "Heyyy." She immediately walks towards her in a wide grin, leaving her schoolmates who just sat around in one of the available tables.