45 : Girl Friends

A loud clearing of the voice is heard from the common villa's entrance, catching Chaeyoung, Chaeryoung, and Somi's attention. They all dart their eyes to the direction of the voice, seeing Mina leaning on the door frame.

"Minari!" The soccer ace automatically springs from her seat. She and her two other roommates were previously happily chatting in the lounge area.

Somi is seated on the single chair while Chaeryoung was right beside Chaeyoung on the long couch before the latter stood up and almost jogged to Mina's side.

"Baby cub." Mina flashes a wide smile to the smaller girl who gleefully walked to her. She also glances and politely bows to the two other girls in the lounge area. "Are you finished with your dishwashing task?"

"We are. We were just chatting around."

"I see."

Chaeyoung curiously asks. "Why did you come back here? Did you forget something?"

"You."

"Huh?"

Mina playfully grins. She reaches out to the soccer ace's hand and intertwines it with hers. Then, Chaeyoung's eyes widened as the council president suddenly leaned close to her and placed a short kiss on her cheek.

"Sorry for leaving with Sana earlier." Mina innocently explains further. "I just went back to pick you up. You didn't miss me that much while I was away, didn't you?"

Chaeyoung is currently tongue tied. She opens her mouth, then closes it again. She bites her lower lips as her cheeks are visibly blushing.

Mina then decided to make a beeline to the two other council presidents seated on the couches, gently dragging the smaller girl with her. "Hello, Chaeryoung and Somi. Sorry, was I interrupting anything?"

"No, no." Somi quickly answers. "It's fine. We were just talking about random things."

Chaeryoung raises an eyebrow to the schoolmates' intertwined hands. She knowingly looks at Chaeyoung who is simply looking down, blushing and smiling to herself, obviously detached from the current world and is on cloud nine.

"Chaeng." The cheer girl calls out to the soccer ace but the latter wasn't making any response. "Hey, Son Chaeyoung."

After another second, Mina and Somi also curiously look to Chaeyoung's direction. The smaller girl is still in a daze.

Mina faintly chuckles and comments while looking at the soccer ace. "I think I broke her earlier." She gently squeezes the soccer ace's hand. "Hey, baby cub."

"Hu—" Chaeyoung stares at the girl holding her hand. "HUH?"

"Ugh." Chaeryoung promptly rolls her eyes.

Somi loudly chuckles. "Aren't you adorable, Son Chaeyoung?"

"What—" The soccer ace nervously glances at everyone. "What is it?"

"Chaeryoung was calling out to you." Mina speaks to the smaller girl. She naughtily ruffles Chaeyoung's hair and talks to her like a child. "Why are you spacing out, huh? What happened to you?"

"Hmm?" Chaeyoung then turns to her high school friend. "What is it, Chaer?"

The cheer girl exhales deeply. "Nothing. I forgot already."

Somi butts in. "By the way, Mina. Were you about to say something?"

"Ahh. Yeah." Mina proudly raises her hand that is intertwined with Chaeyoung in the air. The simple action immediately caused the smaller girl to nervously look at her. "I am borrowing my sweet girl here that's why I asked earlier if I'm not interrupting anything. I hope it's fine."