54 : Announcement

"Oh." Momo straightens her body after seeing the door to Dahyun's dorm room slowly move. It is the early morning of Monday and she has been waiting in front of it for a couple of minutes now. "Hey, Ki—"

The soccer captain's greeting was stopped after seeing that it was Dahyun's roommate instead who stepped out. "He— hello, Dahyun's roommate. Good morning."

The council secretary's roommate just politely bows. "Were you waiting for Dahyun again?"

"A— again?" Momo awkwardly laughs. "Don't make it sound like I do this often. Anyway, where is she? We have a schedule today for my community service."

"That's weird." The girl replies in wonder. "If you two have something today together, she should've dressed for it. Maybe she went out for another thing."

"Why? What do you mean?"

"She was still in her comfortable house clothes when she went out. She was actually in such a rush that I didn't have a chance to ask her if she was just going to grab breakfast at the cafeteria. Don't you have her number?"

"No. That pale girl will never give me her contact information."

Dahyun's roommate just chuckles.

"I will—" The soccer captain points to a side of the hallways. "I will just leave then. Simply waiting here won't be fruitful anyway. Plus, she's not some kind of special sexy chick I'm willing to wait for."

"If that's what you say, Momo." The council secretary's roommate then walks away first, leaving Momo in front of the dorm room.

The soccer captain lets out a tired sigh. She waits for Dahyun's roommate to take that turn to the building's stair before she leans back again against the wall she was previously leaning on. "But... I guess I don't have anything better to do anyway. It won't hurt to wait for that pale girl to get back here. Just— just a little more, maybe. Just a couple more minutes won't hurt."

Then, after about five minutes of patiently standing in front of the council secretary's dorm room. Two girls pass by Momo in the hallway. They are gossiping about something and did not even bother to lower their voices, inevitably letting the people they pass by overhear them.

"I just saw it now when I was browsing my newsfeed while blowing my hair dry." The first chatty girl said. "Is this why the council president never confirmed her relationship with Son Chaeyoung?"

"At least Mina has that kind of decency. Think about that cheer leader who flaunts her relationship with this Chou Tzuyu!" The second girl loudly scoffs. "Talk about being her usual slutty self! We all thought she settled down and changed for the better when she finally stopped sleeping around the heartthrobs of the school. Turns out she was dating an already engaged woman!"

"WAIT!" Momo calls out to the two gossiping girls who just passed by her. The familiar names in their conversation certainly caught her attention. "What— what are you two talking about?"

"Mo— Momo." The first girl softly replies. She is now trying to act demure after immediately realizing who just jogged towards her to talk to her. "Umm... You— you didn't know?"

"I'm obviously asking about it."

"Umm— The thing is..." The second girl answers this time. "It was all over the news just this morning. Chou Tzuyu of the Chou group of companies and our school's Son Chaeyoung are engaged. The families decided to announce it to the public because their corporations are having an official merger soon."

"WHAT?!" Momo yells in shock. Her eyes get busy as her mind runs over a lot of thoughts. "That is why Dahyun— This is not good. Thanks! Excuse me."

The soccer captain then runs as fast as she can towards one end of the hallways. She sharply takes the turn and even takes two steps of the stairs at one time in obvious haste as she ascends to the third floor of the junior dormitories.