14 : Just Cuddling

"Chaeng, I think—"

"I love you." Chaeyoung slowly lets her fingers freely wander, tracing the natural curves of Mina's bare waist, all the while not breaking eye contact with her. "Gosh. I love you so much, Myoi Mina."

"I—" Mina pursed her lips and paused her movements for a second, contemplating on her next set of words. "Chaeng..."

However, the moment she felt Chaeyoung's fingertips working wonders again under her shirt, her hands automatically responded to the touch, once again moving and caressing the soccer ace's back on their own. "I— I love you too, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung then heaves in a deep breath as she shifts from using her fingertips to generously feeling Mina's naked stomach using her palm. It was an understatement to say that her heart is a total nervous wreck right now. "Ugh. You're making me go insane, my love."

And Mina obviously wasn't able to contain anymore the wave of pleasure that Chaeyoung is making her experience. She couldn't help but produce a soft moan. She bites her lower lip as she eyes the other girl's mouth and eventually pulls the soccer ace to lean straight right back onto her lips.

And they kissed each other again hungrily for who knows how long.

However, the second that Chaeyoung decided to literally lift slowly the bottom part of Mina's shirt, exposing the latter's bare stomach, is when Mina finally regains her reasoning and suddenly breaks the kiss. She immediately gave the smaller girl a confused look which quickly turned into something apologetic seconds after. "Chae—"

"I'M SORRY!" The soccer ace abruptly retracts her hand and agilely springs herself to sit up on the bed. A cold feeling of guilt and fear washed all throughout her body. "I'm— I'm really sorry. I was— I— I didn't—"

Chaeyoung was about to stand up when Mina quickly hugged her waist. "No— Chaeng. Don't be sorry. It's not like that."

"I— Minari. I'm— My emotions just got the best of me. I shouldn't have—" The smaller girl is now obviously flustered and is having a mini panic of her own. "If I offended you, I'm— I'm really, really, really sorry. I think I—"

"Hey, Son Chaeyoung." Mina gently guided the other girl's shoulder as they sat on the bed face to face. She smiles at her with sincerity in her eyes. "You don't have to be sorry. I understand your actions. I'm also attracted to you that way. I also— Believe me, I would want you to take me away, baby cub. I would love for you to do that."

Chaeyoung's eyes darted to Mina as she gazed at her with heightened hope. "Re— really? Do you mean that, Minari?"

"Of course." Mina holds both of the smaller girl's hands. "That is one of the most wonderful things that I could ever imagine happening between the two of us."

The soccer player looks down and smiles shyly, a faint tint of red creeping on her cheeks.

"But..." The council president continued to speak. "I think getting on the next level and being more intimate would make our already complicated situation much more complicated than ever. I mean— You're still engaged to Tzuyu. We shouldn't forget about that important detail of your life right now."

"Yeah." Chaeyoung lets out a heavy sigh. "That is one big aspect of my life that we should never neglect right now."

"Thus, technically, we still can't be together as an official couple for real." Mina utters in support. "You would agree that the last thing we want to add to that list of complications is 'friends with benefits', don't we?"

The smaller girl simply nods lethargically in response. "I understand where you're coming from. I get what you're saying, Minari. Sorry for—"

"Hey, Son Chaeyoung! Stop with the apology already, will you? I don't want to hear that you're sorry." Mina swiftly moves to cup both of Chaeyoung's cheeks, making the soccer ace's lips pop like a fish. "It's just that someone from us has to step on the brakes to keep both our heads wrapped with this situation that we are in right now. You have to always remember that I would love to be yours, baby cub. I would love to give you everything."

Chaeyoung gently frees her face from the council president's pinching. She slowly draws a playful smirk on her face while giving Mina a teasing look. "Everything?"

Mina promptly rolls her eyes and stifles a smile, trying to answer unamused. "Yeah. Everything. My heart and... whatever else you want to get from me."

The soccer ace's smirk just got wider. Her canine teeth are showing with her cheeks clearly flushed. She is visibly joyous with the reply she just received from the other girl.

Then, Mina squints and naughtily pokes Chaeyoung's shoulder. "But for now... it's all just cuddling for you, okay?"

"Got it. I got it, my Minari." Chaeyoung faintly chuckles and starts grinning like an idiot. "Just cuddling... For now."

The council president then gently pulls the soccer ace to lay back on the bed as to how the two of them were positioned earlier when Chaeyoung just woke up. "And thank you for understanding that, Chaeng. Thank you so much for still staying with me."

"Hey, hey, hey. Wait. What are you saying?" The soccer ace pops her head to look at the other girl. "I should be the one thanking you, my love."

Mina promptly rolls her eyes. "You found another way to address me?"

"Why?" Chaeyoung confidently speaks. "Earlier, you didn't have any protest when I called you that."

The council president simply scoffs and shakes her head a bit.

"But, Minari. Seriously." The soccer ace then changes her expression into something serious. She sincerely gazes right into Mina's eyes as she softly smiles. "Thank you for putting up with my current situation. Thank you for always letting me know that you're willing to patiently stay by my side. I really am so lucky to have you in my life. I think you just made me fall for you harder than ever, all over again."

This time, it is Mina's turn to shyly blush. She unconsciously starts to fiddle with the bed sheet her hand could grab the nearest. "My baby cub, I—"

And Chaeyoung swiftly pecks the council president's lips again for the nth time today, flashing an accomplished smile to her Mina right after.

"HEY, SON CHAEYOUNG!"