18 : On Standby

"Mina." Nayeon calls out unamused.

"Hmm?" Mina hums from their dorm room's mini kitchen. She is currently preparing some mugs to make some brewed coffee. "What is it?"

"I still can't believe that Tzuyu and Sana were able to be an actual thing before you and Chaeyoung hit it off officially."

Jeongyeon faintly chuckles at her girlfriend's argument. "Me too. Like— how slow could that tiger be?"

Chaeyoung already left the room with Mina pushing her to return to the sophomore dorms and do some of her final projects. On the contrary, the girlfriends opted to stay, insisting that they want to talk some details out of Sana and her apparently three-day vacation with their little sister.

"It's not like that, Jeong." The council president faintly smiles. "Believe me. Chaeyoung is not that one slow kid you would think she is."

"Oooh." Nayeon flashes her bunny smile and comments in an obviously teasing tone. "Did the baby cub do something not so baby-ish to you, Minari?"

Mina quickly tries to defend. "Hey, that's not—"

"Wow. First, our Tzuyu. And now, our Chaeyoung has also grown up, huh?" Jeongyeon cuts the council president off. She smirks to her girlfriend. "Honey, our kids are now proper ladies. I'm starting to think that we're already getting old."

The soccer manager promptly laughs loudly while Mina just rolls her eyes at them.

The girlfriends are on the couch. Jeongyeon is comfortably sitting at one end while Nayeon has her head on the council treasurer's lap with her body laying flat on the couch.

They are all waiting for Sana to get out of the bathroom. The cheer captain asked to get a shower first and get changed, preparing herself for a possible long, loud, and tiring talk with her best friend and her girlfriend's older sisters.

"What do you girls want with your coffee?" Mina asks from the kitchen. She is in front of the coffee maker that is in the process of dripping their hot beverage. "We have brown sugar, stevia, coffee creamer, and evaporated milk."

"Just with brown sugar, Pres."

"For the two of you?"

Jeongyeon lightly taps her girlfriend's arm who is now busy on her phone. "Babe, do you want brown sugar with your coffee?"

Nayeon just smiles and nods energetically a couple of times. "Yes, babe. Thanks, babe."

"Yes, Pres! Two black coffees with brown sugar, please."

"Got it." Mina then started preparing the condiments of the beverages she is handling. "Just a minute and these would all be ready."

The council treasurer immediately asks. "Do you need some help with carrying it?"

"Umm... I—" The council president thinks for a second while scanning the mug count. "I think that's a yes."

Jeongyeon then continuously taps her girlfriend's arm. "Babe, get off. I'll help Pres in the kitchen."

Nayeon scrunches her eyebrows and looks at the council treasurer with puppy eyes, obviously not listening to the conversation around her. "Why?"

Jeongyeon faintly chuckles and ruffles the soccer manager's hair. "I'm helping Pres carry the mugs with hot coffee."

"Oh." Nayeon puts her phone down and begins to pout like a kid, not moving on her place. "Okay."

The council treasurer stares knowingly at the soccer manager for a second. Then, she heaves in a deep breath and glances at the mini kitchen. After confirming that Mina is not paying attention to them, she quickly leans down to her girlfriend's lips and kisses her shortly. She quickly leans back and mumbles in almost a whisper, enough only for her and Nayeon to hear. "Can I please go now, you absolutely spoiled baby bunny?"

The soccer manager just giggles like a kid, playfully nods, and eventually sits up at the couch.

With her lap now freed of a certain bunny, the council treasurer then consecutively stands up to carry on and transport the said mugs with Mina from the kitchen table to the coffee table in front of the dorm's couch.

"Here, babe." Jeongyeon hands one cup over to her girlfriend. "Careful, okay? It's hot."

Nayeon just slowly nods in response as she carefully receives her coffee.

Mina clears her throat and calls out as soon as the two of them settle in their own seats. "Ah. Jeong."

"Yes, Pres?"

"I apologize in advance but I have things for you and Dahyun to do at the council office while Sana and I are away during the leadership camp this coming weekend."

"Sure, Pres."Jeongyeon answers after taking a sip from her hot beverage.

"Thanks." Mina smiles at her. "Those are just the usual year end papers that the school director wants to be submitted. I also need some club reports collected from the notorious groups that are hard to follow up."

"Got that, Pres. Just give us all the instructions needed before you go out for the event." The council treasurer smiles back. "But you don't have to apologize for it. Dahyun and I are your minions here. Use us all you want."

"I see." Mina playfully smirks. "Then, I'll make sure to work your assess off real good this time."

The council girls promptly laugh loudly at their inside jokes.

And like on cue, Sana finally gets out of the bathroom. She has indeed changed into something comfortable and has her hair now properly blow dried.

"Finally." Nayeon immediately comments after seeing the cheer captain's figure treading towards them.

Sana awkwardly chuckles as she looks at the girlfriends and takes a seat right next to Mina. "Did— Did I perhaps get too long in the shower?"

The council president just gives her a knowing smile. "It's fine. You didn't take that long. Plus, we were also talking about some council stuff."

"Okay!" Jeongyeon slams her hand on the coffee table a couple of times with slight force. "Enough with the unnecessary chit chats. I want to know what happened with you and Tzuyu for the past three days."