56 : Babysitting

"Tzuyu!" Lee Chaeyoung rushes to her roommate who just entered their dorm unit. It is now around twelve in the afternoon. "Where have you been?! You're all over the local news!"

"I told you that I'd sleep at Sana's place, right?" The cheer captain rolls her eyes and lethargically walks further to their living room. "And, yeah. My love life's famous now. Tell me about it."

"What's with that?" Chaeyoung follows and sits right beside the couch where Tzuyu plopped herself. "You're engaged with my Unnie's friend?!"

"Huh?"

"Son Chaeyoung! She's a high school friend of my older sister. Haven't you met her at the leadership camp? My older sister, I mean."

"I don't know. What's her name?"

"Lee Chaeryoung."

"Ahh." Tzuyu pauses to stare at their room's ceiling. "I don't think I remember her."

"You little miss snob—"

"Sorry." The cheer captain faintly chuckles. "It's not like I wasn't paying attention to your sister. Sana was with me at the camp so I didn't socialize that much. Anyway, why does it matter if Chaeyoung is your older sister's friend?"

"Nothing much. I just remember the Sons because Chaeryoung Unnie once didn't went home because she had to spend the night at the hospital to look after—"

Tzuyu's phone suddenly rings to which the owner promptly picks it up like she has been waiting for the call all along. "Sorry, Chae." The cheer captain stands up from the couch. "I need to take this call right now."

Chaeyoung just smiles and nods. "Go."

"Hello, Nayeon Unnie?" Tzuyu answers her mobile device while walking towards the mini balcony of their unit. "How was the time that I asked?"

"Negative. Dad said that he will be out of the city by afternoon for some business meetings."

"WHAT? Then—" The young cheer captain ruffles her hair with her free hand. "Then what if I go there right now? I have to talk to him. Unnie, I have to—"

"DON'T!" Nayeon quickly cuts her sister off. "Tzuyu, you can't be here. There are paparazzi outside. Jeongyeon and I even had a hard time driving out of the mansion. Let the news subside for today. I'm sure that it will be safer tomorrow for you to come and meet him. He said that he will be here at his home office until around eleven in the morning."

"Then, I will go there early in the morning."

"But... dad said that he already has a meeting in the morning."

Tzuyu scrunches her eyebrows. "With who?"

"I'm not sure. Some... girl... with some kind of proposal, I heard?" The soccer manager sure sounds unsure with her voice. "Maybe another business deal he wants to close. I'm not sure."

The cheer captain scoffs. "You know, what? I don't care. I don't care who he is meeting with and I don't care no matter how important that meeting is. I will barge in right there in his office to set things straight with him."

"Tzu, you know that's not—" Nayeon's line went silent for a couple of seconds, then a loud sigh was heard from her. "I can't stop you now, can I?"

The younger girl's face softens. "Sorry, Unnie. I really have to do this."

"And you won't want me to go there with you?"

"Let me handle this alone. This is between me and dad." Tzuyu sincerely smiles. "I appreciate it but let's pause your babysitting on your little sister for now. I think it's time I have to grow up a bit."