19 : Uninterrupted

"Mina." Sana softly mumbles while lying on her stomach.

"Hmm?"

The two girls are both in Mina's bed. The council president is sitting with her back leaning against the headboard, silently reading a book while the cheer captain is lying on her stomach, mindlessly browsing on her phone.

"Umm..." Sana clears her throat and heaves in a deep breath. She puts her phone down and shifts in her position to also sit on the bed, facing the other girl. "We... kind of never had the chance again to talk about the thing with... Tzuyu, haven't we?"

"Ahh." Mina innocently glances at her. "Really?"

The cheer captain just squinted and stared at her silently for a couple of seconds.

Mina then faintly chuckles as she puts her book away to their bedside table. "Okay, okay. I was just kidding. I was honestly dying to talk about it. Although..."

"Although what?"

"Although I have also been thinking if I should ask Tzuyu directly instead."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon already left about an hour ago after they tired the cheer captain out of her own wits with questions and demands of detailed answers.

Tzuyu's Unnies obviously gave Sana a hard time. As a matter of fact, at the back of the poor girl's mind, she can still hear Jeongyeon's voice scrutinizing her.

It was clear that you only left this school that day to do an errand for Pres.

You were expected to come back the same day with the papers we needed in the council.

But, nope. That's not what happened.

You came back three days after and you came back with a girlfriend!

Sana shakes her head a bit, burying the council treasurer's voice ringing at the back of her head. She tries to focus on the current conversation she is having. She exhales deeply and raises one of her eyebrows. "And why is that? I'm your best friend. The last time I checked, I'm still closer to you. Why ask her?"

"Hey. Don't get me wrong. It's just—" Mina glances at her roommate. She pauses for a second, then lets out a sigh. "It's just that Tzuyu knows something that I also need to know."

"And that is...?"

"Ugh." The council president looks at her unamused. "I don't know what that is, Minatozaki. Obviously. That is why I need to talk to her."

Sana scrunches her eyebrows. "What does Tzu know that I don't know? What is it that you want to know that you don't know but know that Tzu knows?"

"What— HUH? That is absolutely one confusing question!"

"Sorry, sorry." The cheer captain faintly chuckles. "So— You... don't want to know what Tzu and I talked about last time?"

"No! That's not— Oh, well." Mina smirks. "If you'll gladly tell me, who am I to not listen to it, right?"

Sana playfully rolls her eyes. "Where did we leave last time with this?"

"Umm..." The council president pauses to think. "Nowhere. I don't think you were able to give me anything since we were interrupted by some important call I had to take at the moment."

"Ugh." The cheer captain rolls her eyes again. "Yeah, yeah. Now, I remember. Okay! Then, I hope I won't be interrupted this time."

"You won't be!" Mina quickly answers. "I... don't think there's anything that could interrupt you literally at this moment in time."

Sana paused for a moment, contemplating how to start. The council president is just attentively looking at her, patiently waiting for whatever her best friend was about to say.

So, the cheer captain heaves in a deep breath. She opens her mouth to say her first word.

But then there were suddenly loud knocks heard at their door.

"SERIOUSLY?" Sana yells immediately in frustration. "I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO KILL WHOEVER IS—"

"Oh." A familiar voice that the vice president knows so well was heard as the door to their room slowly opened. "It opened."

"Huh?" And another voice that the council president knows oh-so well was also heard. "Really?"

"Yeah." The first voice answered again. "I just tried and it opened."

Mina and Sana then quickly give each other a shocked and confused look at each other as their door opens widely.

Seconds after, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung step into their room with not so pleased looks on their faces. Apparently, the best friends were about to sleep in their dorm room without knowing that their door was not properly locked.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." The soccer ace starts, shaking her head while eyeing the two guilty looking girls at the dorm beds. "Good thing we went back."

"He— hey, Chaeng." Mina tries to save herself from the situation. "Haven't we agreed that you should be back at the sophomore—"

"Don't even try to reason out with me, Myoi Mina."

And the council president wasn't able to do anything but slowly sink her shoulders and smile guiltily.

"Sana." Tzuyu then calls out.

"Ye— yes, baby?"

The young cheer captain raises an eyebrow. "I thought I told you to always double check the door's lock?"

"But— but— but— Nayeon was actually the last one to touch—"

"Is that reason good enough to bail you out from not double checking it, Minatozaki?"

And Sana wasn't able to do anything but also join her best friend in guilty silence.

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung give each other a knowing look as the two of them smirks and tread on the two pouting girls on the bed.

The younger girl sits on Sana's bed, automatically making the vice president spring from Mina's side to Tzuyu.

Then, with now the space beside the council president freed up, Chaeyoung carefully sits on Mina's side.

After about a minute of silence and simply looking around, giving each other glances, Mina lets out a sigh and finally starts talking. "It will never happen again. In all fairness, Sana has a point that Jeongyeon and Nayeon were earlier and they were the one who last touched the door. Plus, on that moment that you two arrived, Sana and I were just engrossed with our ongoing conversation that we never thought of checking the door. Also, I have this habit of checking the locks before I go to sleep so I'm sure that we'll still be relatively safe before going to bed."

"Really?" Tzuyu comments.

"That's true!" Sana quickly answers. "I may not be the most responsible person here but for sure, Mina is one of the most reliable students here in the university. Believe me, this has never happened before. I mean— There are a lot of times that I forget to lock our door but every single time that happens, Mina double checks it at night so we'll always be safe because of her."

The young cheer captain gives her girlfriend a confused look. "Why do I feel like there's something wrong with how you just proudly said those statements?"

"Anyway." Chaeyoung butts in the ongoing conversation and curiously asks. "What were you two roommates so engrossed in talking about before we got in?"

Then, a wide smirk slowly draws on Mina's face. She is now emitting a playful but scary aura as she gives each of the girls in the room a glance. "Hmm... Whatever that was, it doesn't matter now because... I think we just got ourselves into a very convenient situation with all of us in the same room right now."

"Hmm?" The smaller girl tilts her head a bit. "Why?"

"Chaeng. Tzuyu. Sana. The fixed marriage. It's time we talk about everything and settle all of the details once and for all."