5 : Childhood Friend (2)

When the group of students were about just a meter away, Sana tried to free herself again from the younger girl's grip. "Tzu—"

However, Tzuyu wasn't budging at all. Her grip on the vice president is strong with obvious determination in her eyes. "Earlier was a mistake, Minatozaki Sana. I will never hide what we have in front of other people. It will never happen again."

"How are you going to assure me that—"

And in a swift motion, through the hand that she is holding the other girl's wrist, Tzuyu pulled Sana in almost a twirl. She smoothly cups the older girl's cheek and the next second Sana knew, she is being held captive by soft lips in a sweet kiss.

At this very moment.

In the middle of the dorm hallways.

In the presence of the approaching group of students.

Chou Tzuyu is kissing Minatozaki Sana.

In the first two seconds that their lips were connected, Sana and the group of students were all stunned. They were flat on their feet and not sure what to do.

In the next two more seconds, Sana faintly curves her lips and smiles onto the kiss while the other students slowly grins in pure awkwardness at each other.

And in the fifth and sixth second of Tzuyu's kiss, Sana finally moved and equally responded to the younger girl's touch.

The group of people on the hallway turns their heels and quietly goes to the opposite side of the hallways instead, eventually disappearing on the corner where the connecting stairs are.

About five more seconds passed before the two cheer captains broke their physical contact and simply stared at each other deeply with cheeks flushed in red.

Then, Tzuyu sweetly broke into a smile, showcasing her dimples to Sana who is widely grinning at her.

"Sana..."

"Hmm?"

"Our talk earlier was kind of— left hanging when Mina suddenly went into the room."

"Yeah." The vice president playfully rolls her eyes. "What about that one, Chou Tzuyu, huh? I remember that you gave me a no there. For the record, that was the first time someone rejected me."

"It was not a no because I wanted to reject you! Believe me. It's just—" The younger girl pauses for a second to find her next words. "It's just... how could you ask me to be your girlfriend like that?"

"Huh?" Sana is definitely looking lost in Tzuyu's response.

"I—" Tzuyu gazes onto the older girl's eyes with sincerity. "I was thinking about doing it somewhere outside. After maybe a dinner date in a fancy restaurant... or while we're by the seashore on a vacation outside the city. I wanted that moment to be special. I wanted to ask you in the most romantic way. I wanted it—"

"Hey." Sana puts her pointy finger on top of Tzuyu's lips, stopping the latter's incoming mini speech. "I already told you this before, right? It doesn't matter where we are because for me... Anywhere with you is special, Chou Tzuyu."

"Tsk." The younger girl rolls her eyes, still looking unconvinced. "And you even had to be the one to ask it."

"Sorry, sorry." Sana faintly chuckles. "Okay. Let's pretend that I did not—"

"But you already did!"

"What do you mean?" The vice president then tries to wear an innocent look, trying to do an innocent act of her own. "I don't know what you mean. We're absolutely just some childhood friends here having some kind of breakthrough moment in the hallways together. I'm sorry. What are you talking about again? What was I saying again?"

Tzuyu just shakes her head a bit and chuckles.

Sana prolongs an exhale while she slowly leans forward to the younger girl's shoulder. "This is nice."

"Hmm?"

"This day was nice. You know, waking up next to you..." Sana slowly reaches to hold the young cheer captain's hand. "Seeing you first thing in the morning... Eating breakfast with you... Seeing you later in the afternoon... Kissing you like it's the most normal thing in the world. These might all be just simple everyday things but I like all of these. I love all of these."

"Yeah." Tzuyu smiles sweetly as she glances at their intertwined hands. "I can't agree more to that."

"And that is what I'm talking about, Tzu." Sana leans back to get a better view of the younger girl's face, maintaining her firm hold on Tzuyu's hands. "I know you're a rich kid and all who grew up in a very luxurious life, but these simple things are what I always dreamt of doing with you. Like going together to a grocery store on a Sunday... walking a dog we both own on a Saturday... watching movies together on a couch on a Friday... traveling to work together on a Monday... Just those simple things. Do you want to know why?"

Tzuyu stares back at her lovingly in expectation. "Why is that?"

"Because I already have a very special girl by my side. Nothing else needs to be fancy. You're already precious enough for me, Tzu. And when I'm with you... I think even washing the dishes or folding everyday clothes would be special."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Tzuyu glances at the floor shyly, then back to the older girl's eyes. "Sana."

Sana answers in a mischievous grin. "Yes, baby?"

"Ugh." The young cheer captain plops her head down. "You did know what I was about to say next, don't you?"

The vice president chuckles. "I may... have anticipated what you were about to say next."

"I'm still weak to that endearment! Why do you have to go and call me out like that right at the moment I was about to ask you."

Sana continues in light laughter. "Sorry. I can't help it. My excitement got the best of me. Start over. I'll behave."

Tzuyu squints at her in doubt for a couple of seconds before eventually rolling her eyes and letting out a sigh of defeat. "Okay, okay." She heaves one of the deepest breaths she remembers taking in her whole life. "Minatozaki Sana."

The vice president looks into Tzuyu's eyes while wearing a really wide smile. She indeed has an idea of where this conversation is going. "Yeah?"

The younger girl gulps first, then nervously squeezes the soft hands she is holding. "Some people may laugh at me for being so attached to one person for my whole life. But, I know that I made the right choice because I am sure that there's only one clumsy hamster who I'd like to carry on my back after she trips on flat ground. I am a hundred percent sure that I want to stick with that one sleepy kid who travels with me by the bus in the morning and walks home with me after that long day in grade school."

Tzuyu gently unclasps her right hand with Sana to cup the latter's cheek. "Sana, I loved you my whole life and I don't think I will ever stop doing that in the future. I don't know how or why but I love you so much." She pauses to look straight into the older girl's eyes. "Minatozaki Sana... Will you be my girlfriend?"

Sana bites her lower lip before pulling Tzuyu for a short kiss. Right after, she engulfs her in a tight hug, placing another chaste kiss on the younger girl's shoulder before eventually resting her head on it. "You don't know how much I've been fantasizing of hearing that from you, Tzu. I love you too and I would love to be yours."

Tzuyu lightly sniffs the vice president's nape as she tightens her embrace on her. "And you're mine now. Right, Sana?"

"Of course." Sana quickly answers and mumbles onto Tzuyu's skin. "I'm exclusively and officially yours now, you slow... adorable pretty girlfriend of mine."