Chapter Twenty-Five

Hello dear readers, and welcome to another day of chapters. And boy to I have a bunch of chapters already planned for you guys today. I hope you enjoy them all, as I sure am ready to write them for you guys. Now, let's keep this story going.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Matt: "I think we should delay the vow renewal to next year."
Gabby: "Excuse me?"

Matt's POV: I could tell based on the way that she spoke to me that she was mad, mad about my suggestion that we should delay our vow renewal to next year. There's a reason behind her wanting to do it this year, and I completely get that; it's due to the fact that she wants to do it in the year where we have our fresh start. And honestly, that makes total sense. However, there's something that just doesn't make that practical (unfortunately) and that's the administrative nightmare; along with all the hoops that we'd have to jump through so that we can do it in a couple weeks. Like she just mentioned, the vow renewal (if we did it this year) would be in seven weeks. And from what I've seen (while reading what's required to get a license to do a beach vow renewal), I just do not believe that would be practical. There's no way that we could get all of those licenses that we need. Nor do I believe that we could get all of our friends here, from Chicago, on such short notice.

I mean, they would need to make sure that they can get an entire shift full of floaters ready to go for one or two shifts. And that's something that's not that easy to do. Heck, Boden told me that he was lucky that he was able to find Pelham on such short notice. That was something of a miracle according to him, as it let us leave when we wanted to leave. But now, we're talking about doing a vow renewal in seven weeks; a vow renewal in which we're going to want to invite all of our friends, which all require replacements for a couple shifts, here to Puerto Rico in a matter of weeks. I know that, as a former Captain, it's just not practical. Nor is it practical that we're going to be able to get the licenses that are required to complete the process of having a vow renewal set up on time. Now, we just need to talk about it. Taking a breath, Looked at Gabby. "What do you say we lay down side-by-side? And we can talk about it?" Gabby agreed with me, laying down on her side.

Rolling over just like Gabby did, I proceeded to move close to the woman of my dreams so that we could hold each other close; that, of course, being something that we really enjoy doing each and every day of the week. God, I am so comfortable whenever I have the love of my life in my arms, and she knows that for a fact. And that's why Gabby always cuddles up to me to the best of her abilities whenever she gets a chance to do so. Moving close to me this morning, Gabby proceeded to wrap her arms around my torso. At the same time, I wrapped my arm around her back; tugging her right against my chest, I smirked because I knew for a fact that Gabby absolutely loves it when I hold her against my chest like this. She loves it more than anything in the entire world, and that's why I did it; it's why I always hold her against my chest like this whenever she wants me to hold her in my arms. God, just the look in her eyes as I hold her; it's absolutely incredible the way she looks.

Pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear as we laid down close to each other, I smirked as I bent down and proceeded to kiss my beautiful wife softly. "Hi." Gabby laughed when I said that, smiling as she looked up at me. "You like having my sexy lingerie right against you, don't you baby?" I nodded, agreeing with Gabby when she asked me whether I like having her sexy lingerie right against me; which I definitely do. God, the way her body just seems to fit against mine when we're in bed with each other; it's incredible, and there truly is nothing more I want to do other than hold this gorgeous woman in my arms each and every day for the rest of my life. And I'm positive that Gabby is already aware of that. "God, you are so damn sexy; and I love it when you wear lingerie like this." Gabby nodded as I told her that, leaning up to kiss me softly. "You're going to want me later, aren't you?" I smirked when Gabby asked me if I'll want her later. "We'll see, I promise."