(114) New Year's Day - Part Eight

Hello readers, and welcome to another day of chapters. (Sorry that it's so late). I hope that you enjoyed Chapters 110-113 (which were posted yesterday). I have truly enjoyed writing this story for y'all and I hope to continue this story for a while. Now, let's not waste time and just get right to it (and post some chapters for you before it gets too late to do that today). Here we go with Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen of The Caseys: Our Journey to Parenthood. I hope you enjoy them my dear readers. (NOTE: I may not get out as many chapters as I would hope today).
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Walking down to the kitchen this afternoon in nothing but his tight boxers, Matt Casey smiled as he got ready to prepare a snack for both him and his beautiful, pregnant wife. But little did he know that there would be someone else in the kitchen; after all, that was something that he was hoping wouldn't happen. He is, after all, walking around in some tight boxers; boxers that he would like for his wife to be the only woman to see him wearing, especially if the other person was a woman. But he was (a little) relieved when he saw that the other person in the kitchen wasn't another woman, but rather it was his best friend; his best friend whom he assumed (and believed) could easily forgive him for not wanting to get dressed, especially when he was just going to get undressed shortly after he made his way back upstairs with the snack that he was going to get for Gabby. But, if Kelly was not happy about seeing this...Matt had a card that he was going to be able to play.

A card that he enjoyed being able to play. That card? It was the fact that this was his home, and he had every right to walk around clad in whatever he wanted to (up to and including but naked); as well, he can explain that this was not entirely just his choice. Rather, it was a demand that he had from his wife. The wife who is very hormonal due to the fact that she is pregnant with their twins, and specifically requested that he walk around their home in his boxers today (which is something that you are all well aware of based on the conversation that they just had in the last chapter). But still, if it came up in conversation between him and his best friend, Matt was more than happy to remind him of the fact that this was (after all) his and Gabby's home, and that meant that he had every right to walk around in whatever attire he wished to walk around in. (And that was something that he was actually about to do, for the reasons that you already must know).

The reason? His best friend just did what he had a feeling that he'd do the moment he noticed that Matt was clad in nothing but his boxers this afternoon, which was make a comment about said attire. "Well, looks like someone is quite comfortable with their body when it comes to what he feels comfortable wearing when he comes down to the kitchen." Snickering a bit when he heard Kelly say that; Matt proceeded to make his way over to the pantry where all of his and Gabby's snacks are kept. "Last time I checked, this is my home and I have the right to walk around in whatever I wish." Turning his head, Matt looked over his shoulder to also mention the fact that it was a personal request from Gabby. "And it was a personal request from my wife." That's when Matt noticed that something specific was on the kitchen island, something which Kelly must've grabbed from the pantry. "Are those the Chocolate Covered pretzels that were in here?" Kelly smirked and agreed with him.

"Yeah, they are. I didn't even know that we had any. Had I known, I would've had some last night on New Year's Eve." Walking over to his best friend, Matt then proceeded to grab the pretzels that Kelly already prepared to take to Stella. And even better, he already put them in a bowl this afternoon. "Hey! Those are for Stella!" Matt shook his head when Kelly said that, proceeding to carry them towards the opposite end of the island (which was the end at which his best friend was not currently standing at) this afternoon. "Actually, they're for Gabby as they are one of her cravings; and that's why you are not to touch these pretzels, is that understood?" Kelly agreed with his best friend when he mentioned that the chocolate covered pretzels were one of Gabby's cravings, which had it's own rules when it came to what their friends could and couldn't eat; as it was clear to them, that they are never to mess with something that just so happens to be a craving.