Chapter Forty-Two

Hi Readers, what do you think about the twist that I've sent you through yesterday? Are you surprised that Matt and Gabby are back in Chicago? Are you guys happy that they're back in Chicago? Let me know what you guys think in the comments or send me a message. I'd love to get some reader feedback as it will let me know whether I'm taking this story in a direction that you guys enjoy. I know, people are going to tell me that; at the end of the day, my opinion is the only one that matters...but I would still like to hear feedback from the people who probably enjoy this story just as much as I do, my readers. Now, I am not going to keep you waiting longer than you need to. Here we go with some time with friends.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gabby was all smiled as she found herself getting a bunch of hugs from all of her firehouse friends, this being the first time that she's seen them in 2 months; however, it's going to be the first real time that she was going to spend an extended period of time with their friends. And that was going to include when Matt goes to shift, which was going to be nice. But the truth was, this was all nice for the both of them; especially for Matt, seeing that he was smiling at her the entire time that he was looking at her from the booth where he was waiting for their food to arrive. And that was all he was doing, until he was joined in the booth by his best friend Kelly Severide. Coming to join Matt in the booth he has set up for him and Gabby, Kelly smirked as he set his beer down in front of him. "So, you sure that you don't want a beer?" But before Matt could answer, Chief Boden made his way over to the table to join two of his three second shift officers this afternoon.

"I already asked him Lt. Severide, and he already said no because he was not consuming beer for the sake of his wife." Matt agreed with his chief when he said that. "Do you mind if I join you both? Or would you rather it just be the both of you right now?" Matt smiled. "No, please. Join me so that I can make sure that this guy has been kept in line while I was away." Boden laughed when he heard his Captain say that. "Yes, he was very good when it came to listening to my orders." Matt agreed with his boss when he said that, smiling as he watched him sit down with his best friend. That's when Kelly decided to turn his head and look at Chief Boden. "Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure that you're going to be asked to move once the food arrives. Both Matt and Gabby are going to want Stella to be sitting there." Matt snickered a bit when he heard Kelly say that. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Chief Boden already knew that." That's when Matt heard Herrmann walk over.

"Yeah, we all know that she's going to want to sit next to you." Matt agreed with Herrmann when he said that. "Here, Gabby said to send this to you." Looking at the drink that his fellow firefighter set down in front of him, Matt saw that it was a beer. He then turned his head and proceeded to look at Gabby, who was smiling at him. "Baby, are you sure?" Gabby then smiled, nodding. "You need it, because you're going to be stressed tomorrow when you're on shift. You're going to be worried for me at the house." Matt laughed when he heard Gabby say that, well aware that was going to be the case. "Don't you know it." Matt then turned his head, smiling as he looked at his chief and best friend once again. "Well, looks like I'm having a drink tonight." Matt then looked at Herrmann. "But just one drink. I'm still driving tonight." Gabby agreed with Matt. "Get me something. God, it's been a while..." Matt smirked as he looked at Herrmann. "That burger she likes."

Herrmann snapped his fingers when his captain said that, well aware of just what he was talking about. "And a salad too, she needs to have all of that because she's eating for three." Herrmann agreed. "Trust me Matt, I am well aware of how a woman needs to eat when she's pregnant." Matt agreed with his fellow officer, nodding. "By the way, we need to talk about something." Herrmann laughed, nodding. "Don't worry, you can have your office back." Matt laughed. "Oh trust me, that was never going to be a question. Last time I checked, I both out rank you...and I actually NEED the office now." All three of the fellow commanding officers at Firehouse 51 were all confused when they heard the captain say that. "And why exactly do you NEED an office?" Matt smiled. "If I don't have an office, where's my PREGNANT wife going to take a nap? Do you honestly expect her to take a nap in the bunkroom?" All three of the other gentlemen automatically agreed with Matt.