(96) Dishes and Goodnights

Hello Readers: What did you guys think of the dream? Well, I hope you enjoyed it. Now, I want to just let you guys know that I have decided not to cover supper tonight as this day is starting to get long. So, the next couple chapters may be a bit (a) shorter or (b) choppy, as I am trying to finish this day. I hope to try and write to the best quality that I can though, as I do not want to just write the chapters to finish the day and not make them quality chapters; I pride myself on writing quality chapters, and I hope that I can continue to do that for you guys for a long time. Now, let's get to Chapter Ninety-Seven.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

While Matt was okay with the idea of his mother-in-law making him, Gabby, Kelly and Stella supper this evening; one thing that he was not okay with, was the idea of her doing the dishes as well. She's here to take it easy and relax ahead of Christmas, not do everything that they can do themselves. But there was another reason why he wanted to be in here with Kelly for a moment, away from their partners. He wanted to talk to him about how he's doing, especially after getting this news right after his dad died; which he knows must be hard, and one of the main reasons they are doing the dishes right now. Taking a breath as he did the washing (while Kelly did the drying), Matt took a breath as he went to look at his best friend. "So, is it how I remember feeling in 2015?" Turning his head when he heard his best friend ask him that, Kelly realized what he was trying to tell him. "It's worse of course." Matt took a breath. "As it's right after your dad."

Kelly agreed with Matt when he said that, taking a breath. Meanwhile, Matt put his hand on his best friend's back; rubbing it, he could tell that he needed to just take it easy right now. "I'm sorry that this is what you guys are going through right now man, I really am." Kelly took a breath once again, turning to look at Stella in the living room as he spoke to his best friend. "I just hate what this is doing to Stella." Matt was a bit confused when his best friend told him that. "What's it doing to Stella?" Kelly took a breath when Matt asked him what the miscarriage was doing to Stella. "It's like she's not herself right now, because she has to be so vulnerable with me. She's used to being so strong so...she wants to be sad and grieve, but she also feels like it's wrong to do that, as it means that she's not being strong for me because she wants to help me." Matt took a breath when he heard Kelly say that, well aware that Stella would definitely do something like that for him.

That's when he heard Camila walk up behind the both of them. "Careful boys, I have the crockpot here to wash." Matt smiled when he heard Camila. "Oh, just set it down; and I can wash it for you." Camila looked at me when I said that. "No, you can move to the drying. Gabby told me what's going on with your best friend and his girlfriend. I'm sorry about that by the way Severide, right?" Kelly smiled when he heard Gabby's mom say that. "Thanks Ms. Dawson." Camila smiled. "And I am going to keep calling you that, because you are not my mother-in-law." Camila agreed with Severide when he said that, smiling as she watched him walk away. However, her smile soon turned into a scowl as she looked at her son-in-law. "You should've never asked your friend to do the dishes with you." Camila then went to grab the dish cloth that Matt had in his hands, proceeding to go start washing the crockpot. At the same time, Matt went to grab the drying towel.

"Hey, don't yell at me for doing that." Camila was confused when her son-in-law said that. "What do you mean by that? Last time I checked, you were here as your best friend was drying the dishes." Matt agreed with her when she said that. "Yes, I was. But that doesn't mean that I was the one who asked him to dry the dishes." Finding a place in the water, Camila went to start washing it so that she could give it to Matt. "So, it was his idea to stand there and dry the dishes?" Matt laughed a bit, nodding. "I may have suggested that he do it. But I mean, he's literally just standing here and talking to me. If I was doing that while you were doing the dishes, then you would not be a very happy future grandmother. And I'm sorry, but I would like to have a babysitter on my anniversary next year." Camila looked at Matt when he said that. "Shit, I'm the babysitter." Matt agreed with Camila when she asked him that. "Either that, or we get a nanny." He then heard Gabby.