The Acceptance

It was the day of the meeting. The Ancients had arrived first to the castle of the Cookie Kingdom, bringing along the books they found. Soon after, the consul of the republic arrived to the castle. Now they were just waiting for the cookies who call them guardians of this orange like stone. The consul, his guard, the Ancient Heroes' guards, and the five founders of the Cookie Kingdom were questioning why the Ancients decided to have another meeting so soon.

"If I may as, why did you five call a meeting so soon?" Clotted Cream Cookie asked the five Ancient Heroes. The five just stared at each other with a some concern being barely visible on their faces. "In my case, I guess you can say, let's just say... a friend helped me realize a terrible situation." White Lily Cookie said in response to Clotted Cream Cookie's question. This still left the question in answered and just raised more confusion amongst them about the Ancients' decision and words. They were also questioning the books. "Oh that reminds me! We found these stuff in the meeting room a few days ago." Gingerbrave said as he and his friends started taking out the vanilla orchid staff, crown, berry juice cup, pile of books, and a bag of shiny coins, jewels, and gold. The Ancients' and their guards' eyes widen. "How did-" they passed the items to the Ancients. "These items were stolen weeks ago..." Golden Cheese Cookie said looking through the bag.

They then heard knocking at the doors of the entrance of the castle. Gingerbrave got up and left the meeting room to get the doors. He walked through the quiet hallways, hoping this meeting won't be a mess. He stood in front of the doors and took a deep breath right before opening the doors. When he opened them, he saw the five cookies that they were expecting and a cream wolf beside them. "Come in!" Gingerbrave said in his usual excited tone in his voice as he moved aside to let them in.

Gingerbrave lead them through the halls to the meeting room. "I didn't expect to be back here so soon." Gouda Cheese Cookie said looking around. "Do you even remember how this castle looks inside, Gouda?" Coffee Cheesecake Cookie asked, looking at Gouda Cheese Cookie. "Not entirely..." He mumbled to himself. The made it to the doors that lead right to the meeting room. Gingerbrave slowly opened the doors. The cookies on the other side stared at the doors opening. The saw Gingerbrave and the other cookies walking in and started taking their seats.

Mocha Cookie realized books like the purple one they showed before and decided to take out the same book from the backpack. "I see you five finally realized what a dire situation we are in." Cappuccino Cookie said looking at the Ancient Heroes. They looked at each other a nodded slowly. "As for what most of you know, we explained about a dangers creature slash cookie who might or will return to Earthbread." She began explaining for those who were late at the last meeting. "And this king will destroy Earthbread and anyone in his way." Gouda Cheese Cookie finished. "Dangerous creature slash cookie?" Clotted Cream Cookie questioned. "Yes, a creature called a nightmare who can take appearance of a cookie or any fear in anything and anyone. Even the deepest fears." Nightshade Berry Cookie explained.

"And this king of fears will return, correct?" Pure Vanilla Cookie asked. The cookies who call themselves guardians nodded. "I also see you found those books, familiar to this one." Cappuccino Cookie pointed out. "Yes... we actually were going to give them to you to examine them." Pure Vanilla Cookie said. They five Ancients slid the books towards the orange stone guardians. They each grabbed one. "Weird symbols." Coffee Cheesecake Cookie said looking at the red book. Cappuccino Cookie moved her hand on the surface of the orange book. "This symbol... Gouda, Coffee Cheesecake Cake?" She looked up at the two as she showed the book cover. "That symbol looks like the one from home..." Gouda Cheese Cookie mumbled. "Huh... you don't have the keys for these books I'm guessing." Nightshade Berry Cookie said looking at the side of the book to see a lock. This time it was actually locked.

The Ancients were confused. "How is that possible, they were opened a few days ago." HollyBerry Cookie stated, raising an eyebrow. "Well, they aren't open now." Gouda Cheese Cookie said, trying to open the book he had in his hands. "Hmmm." Cappuccino Cookie moved her hand on the letters on the leather book cover she held. "Family book of... masked... truth... front and behind?" "You can understand that language?" White Lily Cookie asked. "Yes? I'm a linguistic and I also studied forgotten languages... so I've been able to read that purple book." Cappuccino Cookie explained as she looked at the lock.