Chaotic Oasis Break

The sun feels like it can burn right through your dough as it makes the parmesan bellow melt. The cookies continue to follow the one sniffing out a well of water. Though, they've been putting up with the complaining shapeshifter for some time now that it's surprising none of them have already snapped. Two days had passed already and nothing has been found.

"I thought you said this was the closest way to find a water source!" Chili Pepper Cookie complained. "Ah-ah! I didn't say that! I said the sand worms told me." Cappuccino argued. The coffee cookie had remained to be shaped shifted as a brownie bear. Two young cookies sat in the brownie bear's back as the entire group continued heading one direction. "Still, you're leading the way and there has been nothing water related!" Chili Pepper Cookie argued back, seeming to already be annoyed. Cappuccino rolled her eyes before speaking again, "Not everything is going to be instant, so quite your whining. Also, don't blame me because I'm not the one who forgot where they got the bucket from." She said. They all continued to follow the bear you supposedly knows where the nearest what source is.

As they all continued walking, Floral Latte Cookie noticed Ghost Pepper Cookie looking at the sand with pure curiosity. Thought, there was a question that kept bugging Floral Latte Cookie's mind. So, she decided this was a good time to ask. "Uh, hey, Ghost Pepper?" She called out to catch the spicy cookie's attention. Ghost Pepper Cookie looked up with a confused expression. "What do you want?" She said as she got closer to hear what the coffee cookie had to say. "Not too long ago, you were saying something about the stone thingies and what they do, no?" Floral Latte Cookie asked as she shifted her seated position. "Yeah? What about it?" Ghost Pepper Cookie asked, raising a brow and she listened closely to where this was going. "Right before that book monster attacked us, you were saying something about it, but you never finished what you were saying." Floral Latte Cookie explained. Soon after, Blueberry Coffee Cookie peeked in and agreed with the statement, "Oh yeah! What were you saying about the stones? About when a family member turns five?" It took a second for Ghost Pepper Cookie to realize what they were talking about. "Oh! Yeah, yeah. It has to do with a tradition my family does I think though, but again, I'm not sure what your families tradition is like." She said. "Anyway, every time a family member turns the age of five, that's the year where you receive the special gift ability thought this whole ceremony!" Ghost Pepper Cookie explained. "And my gift was to be able to make whatever weapon I want appear? Like out of thin air or something?" She said, unsure how to explain her gift. "But whatever it is, I like it! Even if my parents get mad at me if I used the weapons, because "I'm too young to handle dangerous objects" or whatever." She then added with excitement.

"Oh, that's cool!" Floral Latte Cookie lit up at this information. "Isn't five- well, like, a very young age?" Blueberry Coffee Cookie asked as he pushed up his glasses. "I don't know why it's when a cookie turns five. It just happens." Ghost Pepper Cookie said as she shrugged. "But anyways. Your mom got this gift thing to turn into animals right? It must be cool to be able to shift into whatever you want, like a... what is your mom right now?" Ghost Pepper Cookie asked, unsure of what to say. Both Floral Latte Cookie and Blueberry Coffee Cookie looked at each other and then at the brownie bear they sat on. "A brownie bear?" They both said at the same time. "Have you never seen a bear before?" Blueberry Coffee Cookie asked, tilting his head as he stared at the pepper cookie in confusion. "I, uh... never left my home before... so I never really had the chance to... see anything outside of the valley..." She mumbled. "Oh..."  They both said, the air becoming slightly awkward.

"Well, at least now, you can see what's outside the valley of lava! Such as this desert!" Floral Latte Cookie broke the awkward silence while having a bright smile. "Uh... I guess your right. Also, speaking about gifts from the stone, what gifts do you two have?" Ghost Pepper Cookie said, her attitude becoming more curious and energetic. This question caught the two of guard. "Uh... well...?" Floral Latte Cookie didn't know how to have a proper response to the question. "We don't have any gifts." Blueberry Coffee Cookie plainly spoke. "Our parents don't really talk about this stone that this is all about." He added. "Oh... maybe your family's tradition on getting a gift is different... oh well!" Ghost Pepper Cookie said. Soon, they heard Ghost Pepper Cookie's parents call her. "Oh, got to go." She soon left the two cookies on the bear thinking about how their family gets a gift.