Finding a Thief Through a Thief

The police department of the Cookie Kingdom has been twice as busy than usual. Many more than usual are behind bars or being interrogated. To most cookies, no suspicion was raised about it, but to a certain detective... a detective who was being rather observant lately, sees something wrong. Something's wrong. He knows something is not normal this time. Maybe... just maybe some answers can be found through his daughters old work on trying to find a thief. More answers about the situation. More answers about the cause and change.

"Ow! Ok! Ok! Just be easy on me!" A cookie said as two M.E.H police officers pushed them through the cell rooms while the officers kept the cookie's arms behind them. Many cookies and others in the cells looked at the three cookies. "Whatever the reason is that you are doing this to me, I won't say anything without my lawyer!" The cookie said with annoyance. "Just be quiet." One of the officers said as he continued to lead the arrested cookie out of the cell rooms. The cookie just huffed in response as the two cops led them to an interrogation room. After a minute or two they arrived I front of an interrogation room's doors.

The three entered an interrogation room. The two cops forced the cookie to sit in a seat at a table. The two cops left and closed the door, leaving the cookie confused and annoyed. "I don't even know what I did wrong..." They muttered as they took off their hat and placed it in on the table. After a couple of minutes, someone walked in the interrogation room. A detective who held a folder of documents and papers. The cookie took a second of surprised silences to then give a small smile. "Oh, why isn't it my old friend, Detective Almond Cookie. I'm surprised you asked the M.E.H to force me down here even after I was proven innocent in my trials." They chuckled. "I'm not your friend and we both know you were proven innocent because the trials were manipulated." The detective said with a cold expression as he sat down across from the cookie. "Still, I'm innocent and I won't speak without my lawyer." The cookie said with annoyance. "Don't worry, Langue de Chat Cookie doesn't need to be here because I'm not here to question you about crimes you were accused of committing." Almond Cookie said as he dropped the folder on the table.

The cookie became surprised yet confused at the response. They pushed up their glasses and sat up straight. "Then why did you bring me here?" Almond Cookie didn't respond but said, "Rougefort Cookie. Everything you say will be heard by the Neon Gummy City Police Department. Whatever information you do give on the subject will be used as evidence." It took a few seconds before the cookie responded. "Neon Gummy City Police Department? What do they want of me?" The cookie, who goes by Rougefort Cookie, asked in confusion. "So you know of the city?" Almond Cookie said, his tone and expression remaining serious. "Well, yes. The place is very famous for crime. I wouldn't say it's such a safe place be in at some point." Rougefort Cookie said as they placed their arms on the table. "Hm, I see..." Almond Cookie said.

"Mhm, many criminals could be found there. Though, they have to be caution if they didn't want to caught by a mysterious group of cookies." Rougefort Cookie added. "Mysterious group of cookies? Who may these cookies be?" Rougefort Cookie only shrugged in response. "No body knows. They've stopped many villains except for the difficult ones." Almond Cookie nodded at the information. "So, you know the city quiet well." "No, I've only heard through the news and news papers from the place." Rougefort Cookie said, leaning back in their chair. "Well, have you heard about this mysterious cookie?" Almond Cookie asked as he opened the folder to reveal a few pictures of a hooded figure.

Rougefort Cookie leaned forward to take a closer look as they adjusted their glasses. "That hooded criminal? The Shadow Thief?" They asked. "So you do know them." Almond Cookie replied. "Well, let's say I have encountered them before, maybe one or twice. Though often, it wasn't in the city where their appearance is often seen." Rougefort Cookie commented. "What happened when you met them. Can you give a description on their appearance?" Almond Cookie asked. "Well, not much. I don't know, every time, it was usually their face hidden or they were a different cookie each time. Or a different voice each time. Though, they didn't act like any criminal I've ever met." Rougefort Cookie continued to explain. "How so?" The detective asked. "Well..." Rougefort Cookie took a moment to think before responding. They seemed rather hesitant of their answer, "They weren't eager to want to steal at all like most I've seen. They were talking as if what they did was a game, which makes sense in my opinion, but... they don't steal when they steal."

This explanation left Almond Cookie slightly confused. "They don't steal when they steal?" Rougefort Cookie hummed as they nodded. "I've heard recently from my dear brother that the museum was robbed, but I looked in the papers for more information. That jewel was never stolen, hm?" They said as they leaned forward on the table, having their crossed arms as support. Almond Cookie took a moment of silence before nodding in agreement. "They've done that many times from what I heard. I think they just like the game..." Rougefort Cookie said, sounding as if suggesting their thought. "A game?" Almond Cookie repeated. "Yes..." Rougefort Cookie looked side to side before leaning in and speaking quietly. "And what I've noticed is that they initiate plans to rob a place right before another tries to steal in that place."

"What?" Almond Cookie said, surprised. "On that day you chased them down, you caught another criminal, no?" Rougefort Cookie asked as they pushed up their glasses as they leaned back. "Well, yes, but recently he somehow was released from captivity without our knowledge." Almond Cookie responded. "Hm, I see. Well, I would recommend something to help you in this case." Rougefort Cookie said quietly. "What is it then?" The detective said as he raised a brow. "If you want a better chance in finding them, I recommend talking to, what that city calls this group of heroes, The Guardians... That thief was very fond on the topic of these five cookies who stopped evil doers in that neon city..." Rougefort Cookie suggested as they spoke quietly. "Guardians?" "Yes... didn't that ginger bread cookie speak of them at some point, hm?" The cookie across the detective said as they also raised a brow while asking the question. "From what I've seen, Detective, it just seems it's another cookie who thinks this is all a game for fun." They shrugged.

"Hm... I see. Well, if we need to interrogate you for anything else, we will find you." Almond Cookie said, remaining in a cold tone. "Ok... but please. Don't make it when I'm enjoying a cup of coffee." Rougefort Cookie said as they stood up and placed their hat on their head. "Hmpf, whatever you say." Almond Cookie said, sounding annoyed as he picked up the file and began walking out. "No, seriously, I was in relaxing in the cafe, enjoying a cup of coffee and a pastry until some cops hauled me away to here." The cookie said as they followed Almond Cookie. "If you don't shut up, I won't hesitate to hand cuff you to the table to get more information about this case from you." Almond Cookie threatened as he left. "Good Witches... I've already told you what I know." Rougefort Cookie said before walking off. "Till we meet again, Detective!"

Almond Cookie groaned in annoyance and walked to a different room. He entered to see three cookies looking through a glass that led to the interrogation room, seeming in thought. "You all heard what they had to say. We've got a lead. We just need to find them." Almond Cookie said as he placed the file down on a desk nearby. "You know who the guardians are?" A pinked haired cookie asked. "Yes. One recently moved into the kingdom. Though, left on an exploration with Gingerbrave and his friends, along with the other guardians. I only know this because Gingerbrave likes to talk." Almond Cookie said. "Do you know where they went for this exploration?" A coffee like cookie asked. "Hm... I'm going to need to investigate more in that. Gingerbrave only mentioned he was heading to a new kingdom." The detective said, trying to remember if Gingerbave had ever told him specifically where they were headed. "But I assure you three that we can figure out this thief's tactics and strategies." Almond Cookie said with reassurance. "Who ever this prankster is will for sure be put behind bars for their crimes, along with any accomplices." He added before leaving the room and taking off.

They all just had one question left. Where is the Shadow Thief now?
———————————————————————
So, just imagine Rougefort Cookie wearing his disguise outfit.
Anyway! Hope you all have a great New Years!