(36)

"Socialising is really relaxing isn't it." Hyunjin yawned and stretched. They had joined in the gang house soon after Jisung and Felix left.
Changbin nodded slowly, scrolling through a few photos of selfies with him and Lix. "Yeah..." He said absently.

Hyunjin continued. "Now we need to sort out the plan. And don't forget Jisung." He added slyly as Minho walked in.

He raised his eyebrows in warning as he went to clear up the mess of wrappers and drinks on the floor. "I'd love to talk with you Hyunjin."

The younger went abruptly silent and Changbin finally looked up at his friends in bewilderment. "I...um...did I miss something?"

"A lot." Hyunjin mumbled under his breath and got up. "Never mind. Just concentrate on your boyfriend." He rolled his eyes. "I'll go sort the building plans out."

"Has this all been planned out properly?" Changbin asked. "I mean...are you coping? With your brother and things..." he trailed off as he saw Minho's back stiffen.

"I'm coping fine." He said, dumping all the rubbish in the bin and aggressively flattening some empty plastic bottles.  "Just do what Hyunjin said. I want to get this done."

He left the room and joined Hyunjin in a room filled with monitors and stacks of papers with boxes. Hyunjin looked up and pushed away from the screen, yawning again. "Want me to review this with you?" He asked as Minho knocked and came in.

"Yeah."

"Okay." Hyunjin clicked on a saved file and brought up a detailed plan of buildings and design.

"This is the warehouse where the XV gang will be on the 21st. That's in eight days." He zoomed into the intricate drawings and motioned to a far side towards the east of the building. "This is where J.one is stationed because it has the most access to his targets...So I'll send him the plans and details for his job. He'll have an area to stay in and someone from Ateez can guard it to see that he doesn't escape before his job is done.
After he snipes the leader or his targets, and after we clear out the rest, you and another member from Ateez will catch him. He's not expecting to come face to face with us, only from afar, but we do have to be careful, we don't know what his combat skills are like...apart from he's really...good." Hyunjin shrugged. "Whether you'll use brute force or compromise with him is up to you."

Minho gave a stiff nod. "I'm compromising so long as he doesn't see the Ateez members. That means Changbin should help me with him instead. We won't take his mask off but after that, we'll bring him back here and put him downstairs. If he doesn't comply with us, then I'll take his mask off and use torture."

Hyunjin made a face. Sometimes he forgot that Minho was fairly brutal when it came to gang affairs. "Are you saying you'll leave his mask on? Even when we bring him back??"

"Yeah, so long as his identity is kept, he'll feel safer so should be more willing to comply with our terms. If he completely refuses I'll-..."

"Yes, yes I get it. Just don't kill him...you know how much I hate it... And he hasn't even done anything to us. If we kill him, we're taking out the best assassin in the area! Why can't we keep him on our good side?"

"Too risky. I don't care for the price on his head." Minho said dryly. "I only want the information he has...but I doubt it will come to that. If he's like any of the others he'll eventually tell us everything he knows about Straykidz."

Hyunjin typed out a few things and stopped. "What if it all goes wrong. What if he gets away?"

Minho gave a tight smile. "It can't go wrong. I can't take anymore risks for this. But if he doesn't say anything and you really don't want to see him die, I'll hand him over to Ateez. They've been furious ever since he stabbed Yeosang and got away."

Hyunjin nodded and sent the planned information to J.one with all the details of the XV gang and pictures of their members. "What did this gang do to us again?" He asked as Minho was about to leave.

Minho glanced at the screen and saw a picture of the leader.

"Nothing much."

Hyunjin shrugged again. "Oh well. By the way, Seonghwa got back to us and they're sending a few members to help out. A guy called Mingi will be in charge of Wooyoung and Jongho."

"Isn't Wooyoung the one who trapped J.one?" Minho narrowed his eyes. "He can't come."

Hyunjin sighed. "Yeah, I'll tell him."
But Minho shook his head. "Send me Hongjoon's details and I'll sort this out."

"Right." Hyunjin forwarded the message to Minho and went back to work.

Minho went to his room and checked his phone. An unknown number had texted him and he never let anyone have his personal number except his close friends.

He opened the message curiously, but all it said was...

~ hello

He frowned and replied.

> Who are you?