(19)

Jisung shuddered and gave a skeptic look towards Minho.

"Alright, Minho. We're both crazy, now what?"

Minho ignored him. "The more I know of you, it's hard to believe you act like such an 'innocent boy'. Is it just a cover up? Oh...I think you do have a soft spot somewhere." He mused. "Unless you're a complete psychopath with no feelings. Not being rude by the way."

'HA, I kinda am.' Jisung picked at the soggy cereal.

"Jisung you know I'm in a gang with Hyunjin and Changbin?"

Jisung nodded absently. "Yeah so what."

"You don't mind that?" Minho shrugged. "I'm a gang leader. I've killed people, I...hurt people. Does that not make you uncomfortable?"

"Who am I to judge." Jisung murmured glancing quickly at Minho and away again. "You saved my life anyway, so I guess...why should I be scared?"

"Just...nevermind." Minho sighed and went to the fridge to pull a packet of fruit cocktail out.

"Hey why's your gang so small? Three members seem...not enough." Jisung watched as Minho tensed and hesitated. "My gang members?" He answered slowly. 'The members that all got killed for my brother?'

"We only had four members anyway. He left us." Minho avoided the truth and painfully remembered the memory of receiving his brothers death notice. He ignored Jisungs hard gaze.

"Oh."

"What about you Jisung?" He said quickly. "What secrets are you hiding?"

He bit a piece of fruit and turned to Jisung face on with a determined air but the boy was staring at something.

"My secrets?" Jisung continued to stare at the file on the countertop. "I guess you know most of them." Minho followed the direction of his gaze and saw the file San had given him about Jisung and Felix's backgrounds. He must have put it there last night when he woke up to get something.

He opened his mouth to explain but Jisung shrugged. "It doesn't matter. You're in a gang right? That explains enough. You need to know about people you interact with."

'He couldn't have found out about me yet, otherwise he wouldn't react like this. Am I an assassin to him?'

"Oh um...yeah." Minho nodded.

"I'm pretty messed up huh?" Jisung smirked.

"Im sorry about your parents." Minho said, silently putting the file away in a random cupboard.

"That's nothing." Said Jisung, "it's not as if they cared about me anyway."

There was a brief awkward silence and Jisung broke it with a fake cough.

Looking at the kitchen clock, he realised something in absolute horror. He was going to get murdered by Felix when he got back. Yay. He hadn't even texted him or anything... Maybe he could...delay? Or would staying with Minho be worse...

'Felix will be harder to handle.' He decided.

Minho had the same thoughts. "It's kinda late...will you be going back home?"

"Um, home? Late? Now?"

"Do you want to stay longer?"

'YES!'

"Yeah, I...need to prepare for...Felix?" Jisung bit his lip, "he's gonna kill me when I get back."

Minho shrugged noncommittally. "I'd prefer it if the reason for you to stay longer was because of me instead of Felix, but it'll do."

Jisung mumbled a random reply.

'Minho flirting or murderous Felix?' He couldn't decide, both were terrifying.

Smiling as Jisung made his decision, Minho brushed back his wild hair. "Just stay, I can ring Felix for you."

Jisung looked up and scoffed at him. "You? Ring Felix?" He shook his head. "You can try." He said weakly, "it won't work out."

Minho just grinned and took Jisung's phone with Felix's number. A few moments later and the fatal phone call was made.

Barely a second later and it was answered.

~~

"JISUNG? ARE YOU THERE? WHAT HAPPENED? I HAVE CHAN AND JEONGIN HERE! YOU BETTER ANSWER! DID YOU READ MY MESSAGES? WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU SAFE? WHERE DID YOU GO? ARE YOU HURT? CAN YOU SPEAK? WHEN DID YOU LEAVE? IS ANYONE WITH YOU? SHOULD I CALL THE POLICE?"

Felix took a huge breath. And Minho took this opportunity.

"Felix, this is-"

"OH MY GOSH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO JISUNG? IS HE DEAD? WHO ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU? WHEN ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU? I'M CALLING THE POLICE."

Minho held the phone delicately away from his ear and put it on speaker. Jisung gave him a 'told you so' look as he carried his bowl to the sink while Felix carried on without taking breaths in between his questions. His voice kept going squeaky compared to his usual deep voice making Minho struggle to keep a straight face.

"IF YOU DON'T ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW, I WILL KILL YOU."

Minho coughed. "Felix this is Minho, Lee Minho. You know? Changbin's friend."

The other end went silent and a new voice started speaking.

"Hyung? Why have you got Jisung's phone. Is he alright?"

"Changbin?? What are you doing there???..."

"FELIX CALLED ME HERE OKAY? JISUNG WENT MISSING AND EVERYONE'S PANICKING. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! LIX JUST PASSED OUT!"

"He's okay." Jeongin's voice came from the distance and Chan was murming something to Felix in the background.

Jisung winced and motioned to Minho to pass him the phone. He promptly handed it over and retreated to the other side of the kitchen.

"Lix, calm down. Everyone calm down. It's me, Jisung."

Everyone went silent and Felix was there again.  "Sung? Are you alright?" His voice sounded small.

"Lix I promise I'm fine, I'll explain later okay? Don't panic anymore." He ended the call quickly and cut someone's voice off, mid-sentence.

~~

"That's why I didn't call him." Jisung laughed awkwardly. Minho brushed it off. "What are you going to tell him later? He'll kill you if he heard you were almost- killed?..."

Jisung imagined Felix's reaction to his already fake story and cringed. "I can't tell him that, he will actually kill me. He looks so cute on the outside but he can be murderous-..." he shivered and Minho chuckled. "Make something up then."

"That's what I'm going to do."

"You can tell him we spent a night together." Minho smirked and used a flirty tone. "At least a certain Hyunjin can vouch for us."

"No." Jisung backed away. "I'll think of something much better."

Minho smirked again and sauntered into the other room. "Whatever you say Sungie. But what ever you do think up, it won't be as good as spending a night together. It's more believable too." He mused. "It's a shame really, that we didn't actu-"

Jisung glared at him. "Shut up."

Minho went quiet but smiled. "Whatever you say."

Hehehhehehehhehehehhehehehhehhhhhhehehhehehehehehhehehehehehehheheheh I'm BACK.
*dances*

I've got Case143 stuck in my head...And a remix of red lights and taste keeps playing together too🥹

Ooo Stan Eric Nam, I love his music.