(7) Part 2

"You two!.....You are a lovely couple!"

An amused voice broke the awkward silence causing the two boys to go bright red and push each other away with disgusted faces.

A man in his late forties stood next to the shocked young receptionist with a wide grin.

"Oh and good job for taking care of the girl so well, you would definitely make great parents." The man smiled even wider.

Felix, who was back to normal, fluttered his eyelashes and winked at Jisung making his eyes grow dark. He quickly stepped forward holding Rose's hand.

"Good morning sir, I'm Han Jisung and that is my friend Lee Felix. This girl Rose was lost last night. Do you have any idea where her mother is?"

The man's smile dropped as he assumed a serious expression. "Yes of course" he cleared his throat, "My name is Officer Seo, and I have some good news, that being I know where her mother is. I'd also like to thank you deeply on her behalf for taking care of her daughter so responsibly, this situation could have turned out for the worse but thanks to you, it didn't."

Both the boys felt relieved as they heard this, and they shot each other joyous glances as they were led to a grey waiting room. "She's been waiting in here since last night."

They entered.

Officer Seo motioned to a black haired woman who looked around 32. Her eyes widened as she caught sight of the two boys and the little girl.

"ROSE" She cried.

She hugged her daughter in a warm embrace as the girl whispered. "Mom I knew we'd find you.."

Jisung felt Felix grab his arm, his eyes were bright with tears. "Oh Lix, cheer up." He said, patting his head like a dog. Felix sniffed, "It's just so sweet," he said wiping his eyes and smiling, lighting up like the sun.

The mother looked up and made direct eye contact with Jisung. He felt a flicker of familiarity go between them and he tilted his head. She stood up, her pitch black eyes still locked with his.

Officer Seo coughed politely. "These two boys kindly cared for Rose last night otherwise who knows what could have happened to her."
He earned a withering glare from the mother before she hugged her daughter possessively.

"Thank you" she said in a low voice. "Thank you for caring for Rose."

She approached Jisung suddenly and hugged him. "Thank you so much J.one," she whispered, quiet enough so no one else could hear.

Jisung suppressed a small gasp. "It...it's okay," he said, forcing himself to speak as calmly as he could. But now she was giving him a knowing glance. "Those men were bad. They deserved what they got." Jisung barely heard her, "I owe you." She whispered again.

He nodded his head hesitantly as Felix and the officer looked on curiously.

The mother stepped back and smiled bravely at Felix. "Thank you." She said again. Her eyes quivering with genuine gratefulness.

Haha this is a bad chapter I think.

But guess what! I had another idea and it's now in my drafts. At this rate I'll have 200 unfinished stories by the end of the year, someone stop my brain😂