(42)

(Four days later)

It had been ominously chaotic since the morning. (Never a good sign) And Jisung had been pestered by multiple phone calls in a row.

Straykidz, Eric and Felix.
He'd received an update on the names Yeosang and Wooyoung and found out the gang name. Ateez.
Jisung had listened with disgust as he heard one of the members names, Jongho. He remembered the description of a 'friend' aka himself, and was revolted to know that he'd been in such close contact with someone who wanted him dead.

He'd told 'Mr Kim' of Straykidz that he would follow it up later on, and that he had a job that night, but he stopped Jisung and tried to send someone with him. Jisung refused and managed to end the call quickly before Felix came out the shower. He then spent a long day at the cafe.

"Lix..." he looked anxiously at the time and stepped from one leg to another. "Can I go back early? Do you mind finishing the shift alone?"
Felix shrugged. "Why not, but Changbin isn't free so I'm gonna be alone tonight."

Jisung rolled his eyes as Felix said goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow, I'm going out with a friend and won't be back tonight."

Felix nodded but secretly smiled. Of course it had to do with Minho.

Jisung went straight home, re-checking the plan and map of the area he was going to. He had everything ready, and a large selection of weapons.
As he left the house, he felt the familiar sense of adrenaline at the prospect before him, he would be ready this time, and no getting caught out.

It was getting dark by the time he was halfway there. He suddenly got a message and he looked at the screen.

-Lee Minbitch-

Minho had been waiting for a long time. Anticipation was overwhelming him but he still had one thing on his mind. In case anything went wrong tonight... he messaged Jisung. It'd been a while since he last messaged him.

'Do you want to meet tomorrow? ;)'

Jisung replied almost instantly.
'Evening, I'm sleeping in tomorrow.'

'Why?'

'I'm going clubbing.'

Minho shook his head to himself, but flushed slightly as he put down his phone. Changbin came in giving him no time for thought.

"They're sending someone from Ateez to help out. I don't know where he's going to be."

Minho stood up. "Wherever." He said shortly, going downstairs with his friend. "So long as the end result is the same. And so long as it isn't that Wooyoung brat."

Changbin laughed slightly as they joined Hyunjin downstairs. "It's gonna go fine." He said as Minho slid a knife into its case.

••••••••••

Jisung slipped his phone into his pocket after messaging Minho, when another message came through. He pulled it out again and was surprised to see the name 'skzfam' appear on the screen, the nickname he'd given straykidz number.

'Are you sure about the mission today?'

Jisung frowned.

'What's wrong?'

'Nothing much, just watch out of dodgy people. Don't make the same mistake twice.'

Dodgy people? He always checked his clients thoroughly, did he miss something?