(45)

Three faces blanched, but Jisung continued to smile, playing with his mask before placing it in his pocket.

There was a clatter as Minho dropped the knife, the blade glinting as it hit the floor. Changbin and Hyunjin were paralysed from speech.

Jisung turned from amused to annoyed at their reaction. Not even Hyunjin dared to move.

His eyes moved and rested on Minho and he knew why. He was angry.

But Minho wasn't just angry. He was confused, hurt and...happy? His emotions came in like a rush that he didn't have time to notice them. It was just...shock.

Jisung took a step forward but Minho raised his eyes from the ground to look at him dead in the eye.

He swore softly and left the room before anyone could speak.

Jisung found himself staring at the spot where he'd been standing.

"Why did he leave. He found out everything he needed to know." He said dryly, another smile forming on his face.

Changbin stared blankly at Jisung but Hyunjin's expression was more of horror. The disbelief was clearly evident on both of them.

Jisung sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Minho walked quietly to his car. There was no use going back, he didn't know if he could face it.
He found himself in his car, driving along the road when voice started.

"Well aren't you pathetic. Going around killing your husband and who knows who else."

Voice laughed hysterically, filling the emptiness Minho felt in his head.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you killed your brother without knowing. You've thought that through haven't you? How many many many times. ahahahhahhhahhaha."

Minho tensed, the cars speed creeping up slowly, going above 80mph, then 85, then 90.

'I did think about that. All the time.'

"When are you going to leave."

"Me? Leave? Did you think I was going to leave just because you found out who your pretty little girlfriend was?! HAHAH YOU MUST BE CRAZIER THAN ME! AHAHAHAHAHAH."

Minho pulled over to the side, the brakes screeching as the tires rubbed against the grey road. Cars sped pass as the scenery slowed down and came to a halt.

Someone called him, his phone lighting up. Minho looked blankly down at the screen. It didn't matter. It wasn't Jis-
J.one, he was J.one, not Jisung.

Then the message came through.

Unknown ~ if you hand over J.one I can tell you where straykidz is.

Minho read it again and again. Jisung meant more than just handing him over, he couldn't see him again but he wasn't worth it, straykidz wasn't worth it.

Unknown ~ you want to know more about your brother? Just give us J.one

"Your brother? Would you give up Jisung for him?"

'No.'

Unknown ~ ...I can do better than that... I can give you the location of straykidz now, I can tell you anything you want to know.

"Be quiet." Minho whispered, but Voice didn't hear and neither did the message. There was laughing everywhere, everywhere he looked...

Unknown ~ you're hesitating? Well let's find your brother first, then we can discuss J.one. I wouldn't like to see you hesitate Lee Know, it's almost like you're second guessing yourself after all these years.