(51)

Jisung walked towards the door with Eric following closely behind.

"So he wants J.one?"

Eric caught his eye and shrugged. "Someone has been targeting Straykidz for a while now, but I don't know what it has to do with you or Minho."

Jisung narrowed his eyes, and shoving his hand into his pocket, he took out a mask and handed it to Eric. "Use this then. I wouldn't want anyone else seeing your wrinkles."

"Brat."

They stepped out the door into the passage way and followed the blood trails warily into the corridor. The trails of blood became even more thick and sticky, and even tufts of hair were seen sticking in clumps to the floor.

The two assassins picked their way through carefully and exchanged glances.
However, the blood damped corridor with grey walls didn't just stop there. When they turned a corner, Eric felt his heart beat heavily.

Fresh corpses were piled up on the sides of the narrow hallways, faces were contorted in cries of help and wails, the look of death plastered on every face while limbs were flung carelessly, obstructing the pathway through the hall.

The lights were dim and flickering, and it eerily reflected on the crimson ground as Jisung and Eric made their way silently through the hall.
This part of the building seemed deserted as all that was left were the dead.

Whoever had won the fight had continued to fight until they too died further down the hall.

Eric swallowed and followed Jisung who stepped coldly into a room.

It was dark and he gripped his gun, ready to shoot at the next moving object he saw. Jisung suddenly stopped in his tracks and swivelling round, he turned the lights on, illuminating the room.

Someone, or something gasped and Eric slowly gazed around. It wasn't as empty as the room they were first in, the carpet was clean of blood apart from their own footsteps and there weren't many places to hide.

"Come out." Jisungs voice was devoid of tone and a tousled head emerged from a small table in the corner of the room. A young boy of around 13 years looked up in fear.

Jisung raised his gun and the boy panicked, crouching back down to the ground and refusing to look up.

Seeing his reaction, Jisung lowered his weapon and with some hesitation slowly crouched next to the boy.

Eric joined them and he heard the boy whisper.

"Everyone outside is dead."

Jisung whispered something back and the boy seemed to calm down. He spoke in low sobs and a cracked voice.

"I came here yesterday with my dad. He said I would be safer than at home-
This morning, six people came in and killed everyone they saw-
When I woke up on the floor, everyone was dead and my dads eyes were open next to me. He was blinking for help but he couldn't speak..." he squeezed his hands together, a scratch mark appearing on his blood drained hands. "They didn't let him die in peace."

Jisung rubbed his back in slow circular motions and said simply. "Who?"

"They all called this guy 'boss'. They were angry because my Dad's company mugged them off."

Now convinced Jisung wouldn't hurt him. He wanted to give as much information as possible.

"My dad worked for Straykidz. And Straykidz didn't cooperate with the men. I heard...they mentioned a guy called Leeknow's brother and someone called J.one."

Eric and Jisung both stood up.

"Minho?" Eric said dryly.

Jisung nodded slowly. "And his brother...is still alive."

He winced and bent down to the boy again. "Did you hear any other names or see anyone else?"

The kid shook his head and Jisung frowned again. "What happened." Eric heard him mumble to himself as he got up.

"Listen." Jisung looked down seriously. "Hide under the table again and keep hidden. If anyone except us comes into this room, don't make a sound, and don't tell them anything."

The boy nodded again and Jisung pulled Eric outside, turning off the light and closing the door behind.

"It looks like I'm the only target behind all of this." Jisung started. "Capturing me means getting the money on my head, and their increase in status. These people tried using Straykidz to get me but they refused. They got angry and invaded today..." He looked up. "Minho used J.one to find out about Straykidz to get revenge for his brother's death but his brother is not dead. His brother was using Minho as plan B to get to me as well, that's why Minho came here!"

Eric finally understood. "You're popular aren't you." He said dryly. "If all this mess is because of you."

Jisung ignored him. "Straykidz CEO escaped, Seungmin right? And Jeongin, I saw him on the cctv which means they're still alive."

"What are you gonna do."

Jisung faced him smiling, the brightest smile that Eric had ever seen on his face.

"Whoever saves them first and kills Minho's brother wins yeah?"

Eric stared in disbelief before a smile spread over his own face. "Just try not to die or Seungmin would kill me." He said slowly.

Jisung replied with loading his gun and the two assassins disappeared down the hall, into the darkness.