48. Oi! Oi! Oi!

- August 2nd, Monday, Seoul -

Jia woke up to the sensation of the weight of someone's arm on her waist. She took a deep breath and smiled, entwining her fingers with his. She pulled the masculine left arm that hugged her closer, raising his hand to kiss it. And right there, on the finger of his left hand, Jia saw a golden wedding ring. She was confused at first but then looked at her left hand and saw the same golden piece on her ring finger.

Jia giggled and turned around to face him but instead of seeing Bang Chan softly sleeping behind her, Jia saw a faceless puppet and jumped, sitting in bed, mortified.

The rest of the room was empty, with a sole chair in front of a thick curtain. Footsteps came and Chan emerged behind the curtain, sitting on that chair. He crossed his legs dressed in black trousers and just stared at her, with a stern expression.

"Chan..." Jia whispered and tried to get up but couldn't. Looking at her left wrist, she saw that it was cuffed, with a long chain locked to the bed. Her other wrist was locked the same way, to the other side of the bed. She yanked the chains and cuffs but it only fastened harder around her wrists. Jia hissed in pain and looked up at Bang Chan in a suit who just silently sat on the chair.

"Chan... what is this...?" she spoke.

"I see you have a ring on your finger, babe. Congratulations on getting married to the fragment of your imagination," he smiled wickedly. 

"Wh..." she tried speaking but then stopped, hearing the clicking of high heels, and then seeing a slim beautiful woman in a black silky dress coming behind Chan. She slid her arms down his shoulders and to his chest, tilting her head to kiss his cheek, and in the process leaving a red lipstick mark on his face. Jia couldn't see her face but she saw when her venomous green eyes shot up at her.

"It's true, Jia," Chan spoke again and Jia looked back at him, "You're just a shameless whore with a thought that you're my girlfriend... while you're nothing... no one. The one you're married to is the image of me, your imagination... I'll never be yours, Jia... never," he snickered and Jia's lower lip trembled, tears falling on her face on their own.

"But... you said..."

But Chan only laughed loudly, standing up from the chair and taking the hand of a woman behind him. They disappeared into the darkness, both laughing out loud.

"No!!! Chan!!!"

She shouted behind him, pulling on the chains and making her wrists bleed with the metal cuffs cutting into her skin. She cried and shouted but he only laughed, leaving her forever as the darkness swallowed her...

...

"Jia!"

Her eyes shot open and she was met with Seungmin's panicked face. Her face was wet from the tears, her breathing ragged and heavy, her heart pounding. Jia bit her lower lip and jumped to Seungmin, hugging his naked torso tight and sobbing into his shoulder.

She cried and he caressed her head, trying to calm her down, "It's alright now... it was just a nightmare..." Seungmin whispered, trying to calm his own feelings because her shouting scared him and woke him up.

A loud knock on the door came and the two parted. Jia calmed her cry to listen.

"Hey, is everything alright in there?" it was Felix and he sounded worried so Seungmin apologized to Jia and stood up from the bed, putting on his bathrobe. Seungmin unlocked the door and opened it to Felix standing in the hallway.

"Jia had a nightmare," Seungmin told Felix and the blond one nodded, "Can you stay with her? I'll go get her some water?" Seungmin asked and Felix nodded again.