4

Olivia and I begin our cheers with the squad as Steven's voice continues to ring throughout the stadium, now announcing our key players.

"Starting off, we have a fan favorite, number 11 and senior, Blake Andrews! Our cherished quarterback stands at 6'4 and comes to us from Miami Central Highschool!" 

A stampede of screams and cries booms from the crowd, particularly women yelling at the mention of Blake.

Blake appears on the big screen passing a ball back and forth, looking completely unphased at his announcement. He turns to the camera for only a second, giving the crowd a small wave before focusing his attention back on the ball in his hands. 

I see girls all around the stadium awe in admiration at the big screen, whispering between themselves about Blake. 

I scoff to myself, silently wishing that every fan in that crowd could know what type of person he actually is.

Blake has the image to the general public as an overly confident guy that doesn't take shit from anyone, but that isn't exactly too far off your typical D1 football player. Everyone still adores him though, practically worshiping the ground he walks on. 

One time right after the end of a game, a girl threw her bra at him as he was walking around the sidelines. He picked it up and smiled at her before slinging it over his shoulder like it was a trophy or something.

The second the rest of the girls in the stadium witnessed the slightest bit of attention that Blake gave the girl for doing that, bras began flying onto the field at him from every direction. 

Steven even had to step in and make an announcement for them to quit it, as a cameraman got hit in the eye with a triple-D bra that a girl sling shotted in the wrong direction.

For some reason unknown to me though, Blake makes an extra effort to be rude to me. He's always sort of stand-offish to other people, but with me, I know he literally despises me.

Good thing the feeling is mutual I guess. 

I'm not going to lay awake at night and wonder to myself why Blake Andrews the football god doesn't like me. I'm better than that.

Once the crowd dies down from their constant cheers for Blake, Steven moves on to his next announcement.

"Next we have number 18 and senior, Noah Scott! He is our 6'1 wide receiver who also comes to us from Miami Central Highschool!"

The crowd cheers nearly just as loud for Noah as they did for Blake. The only difference is that when the camera captures him on the big screen, he blows a few kisses in its direction and waves happily, making everyone in the stadium go crazy.

Only a couple more announcements go by as Steven introduces the most key and important players on the team. This is something that has always bothered Lucas, his bruised ego shining through often when he constantly complains about it to me.

It takes a lot of strength for me to not say "Well hey, maybe if you could actually make some decent plays, they'd announce you.

Instead, I always meet his angry gaze with a sympathetic one to try and make him feel better. 

Blake's previous remarks about Lucas not being able to catch a ball swim up to the front of my mind and I let out a quiet chuckle before I can stop myself.

It is about time for kick-off now. The girls and I start one of our main and well-known cheers, gaining attention from the crowd and riling them up.

"And we're off!" I hear Steven say through the loudspeaker, signaling that the game has begun. It is Ohio's ball, the opposite team punting the ball across the field to put things in motion.