64

*Elena*

As Olivia and I continue to practice our routines with the squad, the warm January air rustles through the fan-filled stands at Hard Rock Stadium. We stretch and perfect our flips, excitement buzzing through all of us like electricity. 

The day we have been talking about since the very start of the season, the National Championship game, is finally here. 

Blake looked so nervous this morning to the point where I thought he wouldn't even be able to keep his breakfast down, but I made sure to soothe his nerves the best I could before we arrived at the stadium. We all flew into Miami last night on our team's private jet, and despite Blake having a house here, we were all forced to stay in a hotel to boost team morale or whatever. 

Win or lose, a big group of us are all planning to head to Blake's house for a celebration after the game, even though we'll likely be exhausted.

"I'm so nervous, but I can't wait to see how it all plays out today," I exhale to Olivia, a proud but anxious smile on my face as I watch Blake on the field practice. 

She grins back. "They're gonna do great, let's give our boys the best cheers of their lives!"

After a few more minutes of practice, Janet tells us to take a water break. Olivia and I head to a corner of the stands where Lily and her parents are seated, all bundled up in black and scarlet Andrews' jerseys.

When we found out the championship game would be in Miami a month ago, Blake made sure to tell Lily's parents as early as possible, ensuring that they would have time to request a few days off of work and stuff.  

"Hey, Lily! Hi, Justin and Ashley!" I wave as we approach them.

Lily jumps up, her face glowing with excitement. "Hi, guys!! I'm so excited to watch Black and Noah play today!! I've never been to Florida either, I swam so much today at the hotel!!"

As we chat, the conversation turns to our plans for celebrating back in Ohio after the game.

"I think Blake already texted Justin a bit about it, but when we all fly back tomorrow morning, I planned a little surprise celebration for Blake at The Grill that afternoon. Even if we lose, which I doubt we will, we're gonna try and have a great time, so I hope you three can make it. I have a surprise present I want to give to him there too," I smile.

Lily's eyes widen with curiosity. "A surprise present? What is it?"

I grin mischievously. "It's a secret! You'll find out tomorrow afternoon!"

We finalize our plans and say goodbye before making our way back to the field. I can't help the nervousness that is starting to overtake my excitement for the game ahead. I know Blake is going to do amazing, but if somehow we fall behind and end up losing, I know he'll never forgive himself. 

On the field, we approach Noah and Blake, who are warming up together.

"How's my favorite quarterback feeling?" I smile, pulling him into a hug. 

"Honestly, like I'm about to shit myself," he sighs, anxiety evident in his features behind his helmet. 

"Don't worry, that's why you always pack an extra pair of boxers, remember?" I chuckle, trying to lighten his mood with some humor.

It works a little as he smiles back and hums, wrapping his arms around me, "Mhm."

I next turn to Noah, giving him a hug and wishing him good luck too. 

Olivia chimes in, "Don't worry guys, it'll be a piece of cake. We've already beaten Wisconsin twice."

"True," Noah nods, wiping his sweaty hands off on his jersey. The 70-degree weather this evening is very different than what we've been playing games in recently.