21

I stare Blake down from a few feet away, the DJ just started playing a really good song.

"Come on Blakey!! Come dance with me!" I slur, walking over to him and reaching out my hands.

His green eyes flicker up to mine and I swear I see the tiniest smile appear on his lips before it is covered half a second later with a dramatic eye roll and frown.

"One, don't call me that ever again. Two, I don't dance," he says flatly, crossing his arms over his chest in defiance.

I know the likely hood of him actually giving in to me is pretty much zero, but I couldn't stop myself from asking.

The alcohol coursing through my veins gives me a push of confidence to fire back.

"What? Itching to get to the hotel bar?" I taunt.

He scoffs. "Yes, I can actually drink in peace there."

"Hmmm.. what if I give you a dollar to dance with me?" I giggle, hiccuping slightly.

"We've been through this Sunshine, I already have money."

"I'm gonna tell James you're a meanie," I pout, sticking my tongue out at him.

He grins but still doesn't make any movement toward me. "I think everyone in the world including James already knows that."

"Fine. Just stand here like a weirdo then," I snap, flipping my hair dramatically before I turn around to Olivia and Noah a few feet away.

I join in on their dancing like nobodies watching, forgetting about Blake's bad attitude and taking in all the crazy feelings of the night.

The music hammers against my eardrums and my entire spirit feels free again. I probably look like a sweaty mess right now, but I couldn't care less. After three songs and non-stop dancing, my euphoric rush still hasn't subsided.

Olivia grabs my hand to jump up and down with me as another Pitbull remix plays we dance harder than we ever have in our life.

By the time the fourth song ends, Noah's face is almost as red as his hair.

"Guys... I think I need a break," he pants, resting his hands on his knees.

"Me too," I agree, taking the last sip of my drink to cool my burning throat.

"I think I'm about to have a heart attack, but this is so much fun!" Olivia exhales over the loud music, wiping sweat off her forehead.

I frown at my empty drink full of ice, shaking it roughly to try and get the very last drop.

"Here," Olivia giggles, handing me hers. "I gotta stop drinking now, we don't have to leave right this second, but I can tell Noah is itching to get back to the hotel."

"Ahh, well I will definitely take you up on that offer!" I slur, placing my glossy lips over the straw.

"Wait, El, aren't you not supposed to drink a lot on your antidepressants?" Olivia questions, sudden concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I think my doctor said something about that," I shrug, not caring in the slightest right now.

She is right, drinking on antidepressants can cause you to get drunk a lot faster. I feel okay right now though, definitely drunk, but I'm still in control of all my limbs, so by my definition, that makes me okay.

I look survey the crowd to see what Blake is doing and we make eye contact within seconds. Luckily, he isn't too hard to find, all you have to do is search for a giant who looks all angry like you just stole his beans or something.