27

After James yells at us that the bus is leaving in 20 minutes, everyone on the field makes their way to the locker rooms. 

Saying goodbye to Noah, Olivia and I push open the door and sit down on the bench.

I pull out my phone from my bag to see I have two new texts.

Unknown number, 5:13 pm - Hi, it is Justin. Lily and I got out pretty quick after the win to not get stuck in much traffic. You guys did great, Lily said she wants to be a cheerleader now too. I can't thank you guys enough, she has been talking my ear off non-stop. Hope to see you all soon. 

I quickly respond and change his contact name before clicking over to my other text. 

Lucas, 5:21 pm - How'd the game go? I watched a bit of it on TV. Nice win. I bet Blake's ego is exploding by now.

Me, 5:27 pm - It went well. I'll see you tomorrow and we can talk more about it. Come over for breakfast if you want.

I don't feel like talking about the game much. Ever since Blake stormed off the field a few minutes ago I've felt a bit down. I know I shouldn't be letting him impact my emotions this much, but I can't help it. 

I wish he would talk to me. I know this being friends thing is really new to us, but it is hard for me to see him hurting. I don't know if I could make him feel any better, but I would like to try if he will let me.

Once Olivia and I begin to change, I peel off my top and realize that I'm still wearing Blake's necklace with the "B" ring on it. I decide to just keep it on for now, knowing it'll be a lot safer on me than at the bottom of my cheer bag. 

I decide on a pair of grey sweatpants and Blake's hoodie again. I can't help but notice it's starting to smell more like lavender than his minty hair and cologne though.

We make our way out of the locker room, us being the last two out. Janet likes for us to wait for everyone else to leave first so we can give the room a rundown to make sure nothing was left behind or no girl is in the bathroom or something. 

I wish we could "forget" Abby in Wisconsin, but Janet might have a problem with that. 

Feeling a bit tired and low energy now, we walk out to the parking lot and soon join a huge group of students surrounding the coach bus.

I immediately spot Noah's red hair amongst the crowd a couple of yards away from us, Blake is next to him too. Olivia and I walk over to them but before any of us can say anything, James begins attendance. 

Blake suddenly gives me a light tap on the hand, motioning me over a few feet away. I follow him and he soon turns to me, a blank and tired expression on his face.

"I need my necklace back now," he says carelessly, glancing down at his sweatshirt on my chest before looking down at the ground. 

"Yeah, of course," I say casually, lifting it over my head to take it off. "How come this ring is special? You don't wear any of your other ones during a game."

As I expected, he ignores my question. 

I know he is in a bad mood, but I was really hoping we moved passed this part of our relationship.

Blake takes the ring on the chain from my hand and pulls it over his own head without another word. 

"Are you okay? You seem a bit down," I say quietly, not trying to push too much but also wanting him to know he can talk about it if he wants. 

"I'm fine," he mutters, not even looking at me as he turns away to walk back over to Noah.

I can't help the hurtful twinge in my stomach that comes about from his words, but I'm not going to push.