11

"Do you have any wool?" Drew asks me, his character walking over to mine.

After all the confusion of Saturday night, I decided to take all of Sunday to myself.

I did four loads of laundry, cleaned my entire house, came up with some new cheer stunts, and even found time to talk to my parents on the phone.

It's now Monday afternoon and I am excited for the rest of this week. I got a solid 10 hours of sleep last night before I had to go to two classes today.

One of which I had with Blake, but no Noah or Olivia. Without them as a buffer or a reason to talk, we didn't speak at all, not even making eye contact once or twice. That's completely fine with me though.

I decided to play some video games before cheer practice in an hour. Drew and I are currently building a house and he's trying to make a bed for it. I happily hand over the wool to him and we continue playing.

Right now, even as simple as it is, I'm happy. Comfy in my bed with my headset on and Xbox controller in hand, all the worries of the world seem to go away.

Ironically, I lean over to my nightstand to take one of my antidepressants before focusing my attention back on the game.

"Do you want to build another b-"

A knock on my door takes me surprise as it's swung open to reveal Lucas standing there.

He's early.

"Sorry Drew, I gotta go, my battery is dying," I hastily speak into my headset before standing up to shut off my Xbox.

Damn, we were close to finishing our house.

I'm glad we came up with a sort of "code" though so he knows why I really had to get off.

Lucas steps into my room now, pulling me in for a quick kiss and teasing me about Minecraft.

We texted a few times back and forth last night, coming up with the conclusion that we should do our best to put this weekend behind us.

I can't help the nagging feeling inside me that tells me something is still seriously wrong, but for now, it will have to do.

He offered to pick me up for practice today but he is a half hour early. I stare at him with a bit of confusion before he parts his lips to speak.

"Sorry, I know I'm a bit early. My class got out earlier than I expected and I wanted to see you."

For some reason, his sweet words don't really give me that warm feeling that they have in the past. Instead, I simply nod.

He walks over to my bed and lays down on it, pulling out his phone to mindlessly scroll on it.

So much for seeing each other I guess.

I suddenly feel a buzz in my back pocket and I pull out my phone, expecting a text from Olivia or something.

However, the contact isn't even registered on my phone.

Unknown Number, 5:15 pm - "Why did I catch Olivia trying to sneak a 20-dollar bill into my pocket this afternoon?"

Shit.

I suck in a sharp breath and mentally slap myself for even giving her the money in the first place, it was a stupid idea. I should've just let him pay for me and forgotten about it.

I know that being a full-time student and college athlete doesn't leave me with any time for a job, so I try to be careful with money.

Luckily I got into school on a cheer scholarship so I don't have to worry about tuition. Either way, I can't imagine Blake having endless amounts of money so I don't want to take advantage of that.