•Chapter 20• A Plan

Jade sat against the couch on the floor. Her laptop was placed in front of her on the salon table. Casper was asleep behind her, snoring lightly. She typed in her father's name, their address, Greenwood, and even her mother's name. It wasn't much. Nothing she hadn't seen before. The only new report were the ones about her brothers. It was right there. 'Salvini brothers caught.' She quickly switched to another tab. Ian entered the room with a mug in his hands. He sat with Jade on the ground and set the mug beside her laptop. She gave him a kind smile. "Thanks." She says. Ian's eyes fell on the words she was typing. "Care to tell me what's going on?" He asks her. "I'm doing some research. I thought I told you that." She tells him.
She reached out her hand and grabbed the warm mug. She immediately felt warmer.  Ian glares at her. "Then what's his name doing there again?" He asks her. Jade stayed silent. She kept her eyes on the screen in front of her. "Jade?" Ian says. "I'm just looking around." She replies. Ian didn't say anything after that. Jade looked at him from the corner of her eyes. The silence became more awkward as time passed by. For a few minutes, they sat there. Ian only sipped his warm drink. He waited patiently for her to break. Which she would eventually do.
She tried to ignore him. Jade kept typing in different words linked to her father or her brothers. Ian kept looking at her quietly. Jade let out a sigh. "Fine," she says. She briefly glanced over her shoulder. Casper was still sleeping behind them. 

"Bill's alive," Jade tells him. She turned her head back to Ian. He didn't seem to understand what she had just told him. That or he simply couldn't believe it. His expression had no emotion. Nothing. "He came to me. He has been watching us from a distance. He knew exactly where we were, Ian," She tells him. Ian shook his slightly. "We buried him." He says. "He faked his death." She answered. "But he was sick," Ian replied. "He was cured. For the last ten years, he's been okay. He pretended to be sick." Jade explained to him, "He has some insane revenge plan. He wants to get back at Greenwood." She added. Ian looked at her. "And he left his family for that?" He questions. "Seems like it." She says. The look in her eyes was heartbreaking. Everything she always thought of her father was wrong. He was no good man, that she knew. But she wanted to believe that he was a good father. She couldn't have been more wrong. "He lied to me, to my brothers, Louis." She says. "Where is Louis?" Ian asks her. Jade carefully shut her laptop. "He's with my dad. Casper was supposed to take me home, and he stayed behind." She explained. She looked at Casper again.
The young man shifted in his sleep a little. "He knew about my father." She mumbled. Ian's head snapped to Cas sleeping. "He wanted to help." She added, "Louis warned me about him. I didn't listen to him. I didn't listen to any of you." She started to ramble. Her hands started to tremble a little as she spoke. "Louis is still there, with him. And he's taking everything I have been working so hard for. I've done everything to keep his legacy alive. I turned on my brothers. All for him, and he sends me home. He doesn't even acknowledge what I have accomplished without him. That I don't need him anymore. He sends me home as if I were grounded. As if I did something bad." She continued. Ian pulled her a little closer, wrapping an arm around her. "It's alright." He assured her. He gently rubbed her shoulder and held her close. "I want my brothers," Jade whispered. Ian pretended not to hear it. "It's okay," he tells her. She rested her head in the crook of his neck. 

"Oh, I love you so much," Megan says as she embraced her cousin tightly. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist. When they pulled away, Andrew looked at the triplets. Jack was the first to step forward. He patted the boy's shoulder gently. "Thanks, man. You saved our butts out there." He chuckled. Andrew returned the chuckle and patted Jack's shoulder as well. The other two triplets also stepped up and thanked the boy. He felt more comfortable around them than last time. Maybe that was because they weren't threatening him now. They were thanking him.
This was the first time he saw the resemblance between the boys and their younger sister. For some reason, he has never seen that before. The boys patted him on the back of his shoulder as they thanked him. Andrew's eyes soon landed on the slightly shorter girl standing with the triplets and Megan. "Liz?" Andrew questioned. Liz smiled at the boy and opened her arms. He wrapped his arms around her waist tightly. "What are you doing here?" He asks her. "Helping. Same as you." She answered. From the back, Jerry kept a close eye on her. "I didn't expect you here if I'm being honest. I thought you always kept your distance," he admits.
When she pulled away, Liz looked at her boyfriend. "So, what now?" She asks. "Now, we clear our name," Jerry says. "And how are we going to do that?" Andrew questions. "Well, we start by going against my dad. I want to start a case against him. He has done some terrible things, we all know that, but for some reason, all the authorities seem to forget that." Megan replied. Her cousin turns to her. "Aren't you the rebel?" He teased her. Megan playfully rolls her eyes. "They're not allowed out there, but we are. That's why I'm glad Liz is here too. We can use all the help we can get." Megan explained. 

Andrew looks at Liz briefly. "I thought you were a good kid." He chuckled. Liz smiles at him. "That's how we're going to win. I'll just beat my eyelashes at them innocently." She replied. Behind her, Jerry's hands found their way to her hips and pulled her to him carefully. "Aside from that, how are we going to win? And clearing their name is going to be hard." Andrew points out. "It might be a little easier than we thought," Megan says, "We just need to get rid of my father." She added. "And what do we do in the main time? We can't really go out." Jayden tells. "You boys are going to help us, nonetheless. While we go up against my dad, I need you three to find your sister. She can help you." Megan explains. "Find Jade? You're kidding, right?" Jayden chuckled, "No one knows where she is." He added. "I might be able to track her phone. Maybe her payments too," Jerry suggested. "We need to get her here. She convince the court that you boys were home, even if you weren't. She can also explain everything about the cabin. She wasn't with you guys, but she was still in contact with you when we were gone. At least, as far as the authorities know." Megan tells the triplets. Jerry took a step back and pulled Liz with him. "You know him?" He asks her quietly. Liz shrugs slightly. "I'm friends with Megan. We go to the same school. We talk." She explained. He had a small glimpse of jealousy in his eyes. Liz gave him a sweet smile. "Just talking." She assured him. She turned back to the others. Jerry followed her, wrapping his arm tightly around her waist. "There is something else I want to check out as well." Jayden says, "When we were in prison, this woman told us about Bill's grave. It has been opened." He continued. "What?" Megan gasped. "We can't go out there, but we need to see it," Jack continued. "Who could've taken him?" Liz asks. "More importantly, who would take him?" Andrew added. "We have a lot on our to-do list." Megan sighed.