•Chapter 8• Motel Salvini

Louis frowned as he looked at the building in front of him. And he was not amused. Not even a little bit. "Please, tell me this is a joke," he said. Jade shook her head and pats him on the back. "It's cute." She says. It wasn't anything big or fancy. It was a small motel. But it looked cozy enough. Louis looked down at her. "This is a joke, right?" He repeated. Jade rolled her eyes and turned to Casper. "I like it." He tells her. "And low profile." Jade added, "So they shouldn't be looking for us here. We should be fine." She continued. Casper nodded and took her arm. "Shall we?" He asks her. Her cheeks flushed red as she took his arm. Cas is a true gentleman. Sure, he works for people who do bad things, but none of them are actually bad. They approached the little booth with two people inside. The woman looked up as Casper and Jade walked toward them. She put on a friendly smile. "Room for two?" she asked kindly. "Uh, three, please," Jade said. The woman looked up to see Louis standing grumpy behind the young folk. The man laughed softly as he looked at Louis. "Taking your dad on a trip? That's unusual for a young couple like you," he said to Jade. She shrugged and took her credit card from her coat pocket and handed it to the woman. "He's lonely," Jade told. She looked over her shoulder at her uncle. "But he likes it, right Dad?" she asked. Louis rolled his eyes again. Jade laughed awkwardly. "He's a bit grumpy. He'll get over it." She said. The woman handed the credit card back to Jade. "You can push the beds together." She whispered as she handed over the key. Jade smiled and looked at Casper. "Will do." He lied. The three made their way upstairs to their shared room. "You really couldn't find anything better?" Louis asked as he opened the door. Casper and Jade pushed past him and dropped their bags on the beds.  "Would you stop whining for a minute? You should be glad we don't have to sleep in a car tonight because Casper found this motel." Jade replied. "It's not that bad," Casper added. "It is," Louis said. Jade sighed and walked toward him. "I am this close to slapping the back of your head." Jade threatened. Louis glared at her. "I'm not 

The youngest triplet sighed and sat on the bed. "You have a girlfriend?" Jayden asked his brother. Jerry sighed and put his hands over his face. "Yes," he said. "You and her?" Jack questioned. "Yeah," Jerry sighed. "And you never told us?" Jayden followed up. Their younger brother looked at them between his fingers. "Yeah." He said. Jack looked at his brother standing beside him. "Elizabeth Martin." He said. "I know. With him." Jayden said. Jerry's worried expression turned into a frown. He stood up from his seat.
"Any more hate comments?" He asks. "We're not hating. We're just really surprised." Jayden replied. "Like really surprised," Jack added. Their brother rolled his eyes. Clearly not in the mood for their jokes. "How could you hide this from us?" Jayden asks his brother. Jerry groaned annoyedly. "Do I really have to explain that?" He questions, "Our father, Bill Salvini, wanted Megan dead because he couldn't kill her mother. What do you think would've happened if Dad found out about her?" Jerry questioned. "What about her?" Jack asks. His two brothers glared at him. "Her mother used to work with the newspaper before she went to medical. She has contacts everywhere. She could easily expose any of us." Jayden reminds his brother. "He could see Liz as a potential threat," Jerry added. "Liz?" Jayden smirked. Jerry shot a deadly glare at his brother. "Shut up." He ordered. Jack rolled his eyes. Their rivalry certainly didn't change. "The thing is, if Dad found out, he would've cut her up into a thousand pieces. And I prefer her being whole." Jerry tells his brother. Jack nodded. "They are better that way." He said. Jerry turned to Jayden. "And before you ask, I didn't tell you guys because of the way you're acting right now. Children. You may be my brothers but we all have our secrets. And Liz was mine. Now you know. Please, don't make this weird." Jerry said sternly.
"And you having a girlfriend isn't weird?" Jayden asked. His brother folded his arms over his chest. "So you didn't tell anyone? You really kept all of this a secret from us?" Jack asks him. His younger brother scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, actually," he started, "Megan knew." he said. His brothers glared at him. "So, wait, you told the girl we were supposed to murder. But you didn't tell your brothers?" Jayden asks. "At least she didnt make fun of me like you guys do." Jerry replied. His brothers shook their heads. "What else have you been hiding from us? You're not as smart as you always claim to be? Who should we make fun of now?" Jayden asks him. Jerry rolled his eyes again and walked over to Liz who was talking to Megan. He came up behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist, and pressed a kiss on her cheek. Jayden and Jack turned to each other. "Am I the only one who finds this weird?" Jack questioned. Jayden nodded and patted his shoulder. "She's blind. She has to be." He said. "It's the only possible explanation," Jack replied.

Jade tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and hopped off her bed. "I'm going to get a snack. Do you guys want anything?" Jade asked the two men. "A better room," Louis complained. The strawberry-blonde-haired girl rolled her eyes and looked at Casper. He gave her a kind smile and shook his head. "No, I'm fine." He tells her. She returned the smile and opened the door of their motel room. She walked over to the vending machine that stood halfway down the hall. She tossed in five dollars and selected a couple of snacks. She tapped her foot gently against the machine as she waited. She didn't realize that her brother stood behind her. His eyes were wide open. Was she really there? She couldn't be. Jack slowly started to back away. "Damn it." Jade cursed when one of the snacks didn't come out of the machine. She slammed her hand against the glass. "Come out!" She cursed. Still, nothing came out. She started to get annoyed. "Pretty please." She pleaded, still not noticing her brother standing behind her. So close. What if she did see him? Was he supposed to say something to her? How did she get here? Why is she here? Jack slapped himself out of his thoughts. Her brother carefully made his way back into the room without getting caught by his sister. Very, very, slowly. He eventually reached the door again and turned the knob.
Jerry looked up as his brother entered the room again. Jack shut the door silently. Jerry furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost." He chuckled. Liz opened her eyes and lifted her head off Jerry's shoulder. "What's wrong?" She asks him. He shook his head, not saying a word. Megan and Jayden also turned to Jack when he stayed silent. He just pointed out the door. "Jack?" Megan called out to him. He turned his head to look at her. He gulped loudly. "J-Jade." he stuttered. "What?" They all said. Megan looked at Liz. "You said no one was here." She said. "There wasn't. Not when we arrived." Liz answered. Megan walked up to Jack and rested her hand on his shoulder. "Are you sure?" she questioned. "I know what my sister looks like. She was there. Right in front of me. I'm not lying." He answered. "Are you sure?" Jerry repeated. Jack glared at his brother. "She said pretty please to a vending machine before kicking it." He said. "That's definitely Jade," Jayden spoke up. "What's she doing here?" Liz asks. "I didn't ask her. She was kicking things. I'd like to keep my head." Jack replied. "Why? There's not much in there. Not much to lose either." Jayden tells him. Megan elbowed him. "Hey!" He complained.