•Chapter 83• Breakfast Out Of Bed

"My love," Parker groaned and shifted underneath the duvet. Bill smiled at her and set down the mugs on the nightstand. He then crawled on top of the bed and towered over her. "My love, could you open your pretty eyes for me, please?" The young woman that was lying underneath him groaned again. She arched her back off the bed and moaned a little. Her hair was everywhere. She'd tied it into a braid the night before, but now there was more hair hanging loose than there was in the braid. Bill brushed a strand of hair out of her face and kissed her cheeks and her jawline. "Salvini," She giggled beneath him. "Are you referring to me or yourself, sweetheart?" Parker opened her eyes and pouted. Bill felt something flutter inside his stomach when he looked at her. She was so beautiful. "Made you some tea." He pecked her lips and backed away. As he grabbed the mugs, Parker sat up against the headboard. "What time is it?" Bill handed one mug over to her as he sat down beside her. "Called you in sick for today." Parker glared at him. "I can't miss school. I have important tests coming up, Bill. I can't miss anything." She protested sternly. "Already asked them to send the material for today so you won't fall behind and have enough time to prepare." But Parker still shook her head. It was sweet of him, it really was, but she couldn't miss these days. "Bill -" He tilted his head and showed his puppy eyes. "I know you don't want to miss these days. But I can't miss you, baby. Not today." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer.

Bill looked down at his half-empty cup of coffee. He tapped his finger – on which he was still wearing his wedding ring – against it a few times before glancing up at Louis. His friend was too occupied with the eggs on bread lying in front of him on a plate. He was practically inhaling it all. "You gotta chew on that, you know." Louis just turned his plate. "And you should drink that. Not stare at it." He said. Bill sighed and leaned back in his seat. He looked out the window to see the sun coming up. "Just thinking about Park." Louis was the only person he could talk to about her without needing to hide any details. Normally, with others, he preferred not to talk about her at all. "About how you'd keep her from going to school, or her friends, or her family?" Louis chuckled as he looked up at his friend. Bill tapped his ring against the cup again. "You're making it sound like I'm some possessive creep." Louis raised an eyebrow making Bill roll his eyes. "I'm not. I just liked having her around." Louis set his fork down and leaned back as well. "Sorry. Miss her whenever we're together, you know?" After having the kids, they barely had time together. And the time they could spend together, Parker often joined in. So, when she passed away, it felt weird, and it still does. Louis nodded. "Miss her too." He said. Bill kept looking at the sun in the distance. Bill Salvini is a cruel man, but still a man. And his best friend couldn't help but mourn with him. He pushed his plate toward him. Without hesitation, Bill picked up his own fork and had some bites.

"You've got a plan? Greenwood?" Bill asked him. Louis shrugged slightly. "He's under surveillance with his wife after you pulled that thing a few weeks ago." Bill nodded along with him. Some would wonder why he was even out in the open. After the assault on Greenwood, everyone was looking for a Salvini. What if they saw him? Bill just enjoyed his breakfast. Without a worry. "Should've killed him when I had the chance," Bill mumbled with his mouth full. "You had to make it special. Get the whole family together. You know, that girl has done nothing wrong." Louis had gotten to know Megan a lot better along the way. "She's a good kid."
"She's a Greenwood." Bill spat back at him. There was no changing his mind. He wanted to avenge his wife. All the pain they'd caused them... Only he seemed to forget about the pain he caused them as well. "Okay, aside from them. Your kids. Jayden, Jack, Jerry." Louis suggested the topic. Bill only chuckled at his friend. "First I want to know where you've hidden my little one." He smirked. Louis leaned back again. "I don't know where she is."
"Bullshit. You know exactly where she is. You also know where my sons are. So, why don't you tell me what you want to do, huh? Come on then." Bill nudged him. That's the Bill he remembered and grew up with. "You said you wouldn't do that again." Louis reminded him which made Bill frown. "Do what?" Bill questioned. Louis pointed his finger at him. "This. What you're doing right now. Trying to make a deal of some sort." Bill only smirked. He wasn't going to change his answer and Louis knew that. "Fine. If you want to make a deal, let's make a deal." Both men leaned forward, resting their arms on the table. "There you are, Fox. Come on then. What's your deal?"

"So, we're going to wait here for some sign from the others?" Leah nodded across the table. "Either from Louis or Jade, maybe Ian." It felt strange to just sit down and wait. With Bill – and now also Louis – after them. Jade, who they could only hope, was safe with Andrew by now. "At least this is better than some cold, leaky cabin," Jack said. No one wanted to have to stay in a place like that. This was definitely an upgrade. Leah also seemed to be in a slightly better mood than before. "And no one will recognize us?" Leah shook her head. "As long as you keep your heads low, we should be fine. Told them you were my kids and we're having a little trip away from everything." Jayden smirked a bit at Leah. "Does that mean I can't -"
"No, and you shouldn't anyway. Unless you want someone else to hunt you down." Leah cut him off. She really did not mind his comments that much, but she needed to be the grown-up and draw a line. Jayden only smirked and winked at her. "Are you talking about your husband or Louis?" Jack joined in. Leah looked at him. "I meant my husband." Leah's phone started to ring. She stood up from the table and told the kids to get something more to eat. She didn't think they'd had enough on their first two rounds. When she was out of earshot, she answered. "Are you okay?" Was the first thing she asked him. She heard him chuckle. "I'm fine. I just wanted to hear your voice. How are you? The boys? Megan?" She glanced over her shoulder to look at the four kids. "They're okay. I'm okay. We're just having breakfast at the hotel." She answered. Louis smiled through the phone. Bill was nowhere near so they could talk without him listening in. "I really wanted to be there with you. I will need a little longer, okay?" Leah nodded sadly, even if Louis couldn't see it. "I can't talk for long. Stay safe, yeah?" He said to her. "I'll see you soon."

Andrew smiled to himself as he walked up the stairs with the tray in hand. He'd spend about an hour trying his best to make French toast for Liz and Jade. It shouldn't have taken that long, but the first two or three pieces he'd eaten himself. He was hungry too. He walked up the stairs, feeling a little unsteady, and almost dropping the tray. Andrew made it to his bedroom door. He opened it with his elbow and stepped inside. Jade and Liz were still fast asleep on his bed. He has never seen either of them this comfortable with another person. It was easy to forget that they used to be in some classes together. Then again, at this point, most of them have already forgotten about school entirely. Andrew set the tray with breakfast down on his desk. He then moved over to Jade and touched her shoulder. He wanted to kiss her awake. Lips, forehead, cheek, it didn't matter, he couldn't kiss her. Jade shifted and sighed. Andrew put his hand on Liz's shoulder and gently shook her. "I made you two some French toast." Liz was the first to open her eyes. She looked at him with her angel eyes. "What?" Andrew repeated his words and pointed at the tray sitting on his desk. "Annie, you're too sweet. Thank you." Liz forced herself off the bed. Jade followed soon after, smiling sweetly at Andrew. "Thank you." She placed her hand on his cheek and kissed his other.

"Nobody killed them, right?" Bill's cold voice sounded in the hallway downstairs. Heavy footsteps emerged from the stairs. Ian and Casper stood up and watched with a panicked look in their eyes as the door swung open. Bill came inside. He looked pleased, though. Not on the edge like he was a while ago. Almost as if he had a good night's sleep or something. But from looking at Louis – who entered close behind him – they knew that they had not slept at all that night. "Good, you're still alive," Bill spoke up. The old man glanced over his shoulder at his oldest and closest friend. "So our deal still stands." Louis looked at the other two men a little guilty. "Deal? What deal?" Ian questioned. Casper also stepped forward. "Sir?"
"Louis and I came to an understanding. You two can leave. He stays." Ian looked at Louis with pure terror in his eyes. He started shaking his head. "No... No!" He stated. Bill tilted his head slightly. "What's done is done. You should be glad I'm letting you live." Casper moved toward Louis – he didn't even care that he was touching shoulders with Bill at this point – with Bill still between them both. "Sir, what did you do? Louis?" What could he have promised Bill that got them their freedom? "I'm giving you a chance to escape, kid. Just do it."