•Chapter 35• Loving Uncle

Casper walks up to Jade. "Am I the only one who's hungry?" He mumbles to her. She turns to him. "I thought no one would ever mention it ever again." She groans hungrily. He looks at Ian and Louis. "We want food. We're going to get some food." He says. Louis rolls his eyes at the duo. "Don't you two think we should wait for Liz and Andrew to get back? Then we can get all of us some food." Ian suggested. Louis pointed his finger at the man and nodded in agreement. Jade looks at Casper behind her. "But we want some food right now. I want fries." He complained. "I could go for a burger," Jade added. Me too." Her three brothers call out one by one. "They're not going out," Louis tells them sternly. Ian glares at him. "Everyone's hungry. Why wouldn't they go out?" He asks. Louis turns to Ian. "Because, Ian, they watch her every move. She needs to stay in here as much as they do. If she wants something to eat, I'll go." Jade looks at her uncle. "What? No. You always mess up my order. You always let them add the pickles and unions." She says. "That is true," Casper admitted. Louis just glared at them. "We'll be back real soon," Jade assures him. He shakes his head and sighed. "Fine, go get your food." 

Jade cheered and followed Casper toward the exit. Right when they were about to exit, Liz and Andrew pulled open the door and got inside. Liz laughed when she bumped into Jade. "Hi," She said, "Where are you guys going?" She questioned. "To get something to eat. The old men over there won't say it, but we're all hungry." Jade answered. Liz looks up, searching for her boyfriend. He had already pushed himself on his feet and rushed toward her. While Jerry pulled aside his girlfriend, Jade focuses on Andrew. "So? How did it go?" She asks him. He started nodding and put his hands in his pockets. "It went, surprisingly, well. He didn't ask any further questions. He just went along with it. He's with him, right now." He answered. A small smile appeared on Jade's lips. "Great. That's amazing. Henry's gonna keep you posted, right?" Jade questioned. The boy nodded again and holds up his phone. "Every hour." He says. "Great. Thank you. We're going to head out. What do you want for dinner?" She asks. "Uh, I don't know. I could tag along if you want." He suggested. Jade placed her hand on his chest and gave him a smile. "No, you've already done enough. And we'll be right back. I'll get you some nuggets and fries." She tells him.

Before he could respond, Casper and Jade left the factory again. He was eyed up and down briefly by Louis. He shrugged it off and decided to chat with the triplets. When he approached them, a large hand was suddenly placed on his shoulder. Louis stood behind him, grasping his shoulder tightly, and holding him back. "I need to talk with you." He said sternly. Without another word, Louis dragged the boy away. Ian frowned at them as they walked away together. "Listen, we got it with Henry. Nothing to worry about." He tells the man. He was holding up his hands in defense. Louis glared at the boy. "That's not what I wanted to talk about." He says. Andrew slowly lowered his hands. "I see what you're doing. With the Little One." Louis started, referring to Jade. Andrew gulped. "Don't push anything," Louis added. Andrew furrowed his eyebrows. He was very confused. He had expected him to yell threats at him or something like that. "She likes you. She's not in love with Casper. Don't try to push it. We all know you like each other. You know it. Don't push it." Louis tells him. "Are you giving me advice?" Andrew asks. "No, I'm giving orders. She lost you too. I don't want to see her get hurt like that again." Louis says, now more threatening than before. Andrew gulped. "But Casper -" He started. "She's in love with you, boy. Not Casper." He snapped at him. Somehow it almost sounded like a sweet father. That was very different from the first time they met.

Bill sat up and glanced over his shoulder to look at the boy. "Oh right! Dad, this is Andrew. Andrew, this is-" "Bill Salvini." Her father cut him off. Andrew gulped loudly. "I-It's very nice to meet you, s-sir." He stuttered which caused Bill to smirk. Jade stood up and put on her mother's jacket. Bill smiled at her. "Just like your mother." He tells her. That's when the door opened and Louis walked in. He stood next to Andrew. He eyed him up and down before looking at Bill and Jade. "Who's this kid?" He asked. Jade noticed Andrew getting even more nervous and uncomfortable. She quickly walked up to him. "He's my friend, and we're going to get something to eat." She tells her 'uncle'. "Have her home by ten-thirty, boy," Bill tells him. Andrew gulped again and nodded. "Y-yes, sir." He stuttered. "Alright, bye!" Jade said and walked out. Andrew followed her and shut the door behind him. Louis glanced at Bill. "You want me to -" He started. Bill shook his head. "There is a guy behind them and a tracker on the boy," Bill tells him. Louis chuckled. "That's the Bill I know," he responded. The old man shrugged. "Can't risk it, she's my little one." He tells his friend. Louis sat next to him. "Hey, if you hadn't done it, I would've." He said. "I know," Bill answered. "By the way, was she-" "Yeah... she was wearing her jacket." Bill cut him off again. "Alright, cause for a second I thought she was -" "Parker?" Bill asked him. Louis nodded slowly and stared at the coffee table. "Me too," Bill tells him.

"I don't know what you're expecting to gain from this," Hayden said to his partner. Lucas glared at him. "I'm not done with the Salvini girl. I think I've made that very clear." Lucas replied as she looked through the files on his lap. He muttered little things to himself. Hayden couldn't understand anything he said. Haydn glances over to try and see what his partner was reading. But Lucas turned away a little so he couldn't read it. Hayden sighed. "Why can't you let it go? Like for even a minute? Ever since these boys came into our system you've been overly obsessive about them." Hayden chuckled as if it was a joke. When he turned back to Lucas, he could only see him glaring. He didn't take it all too well. "I just do." He mumbled. "But why?" He questioned. Lucas sighed and put the papers down on his lap again. "The Salvini's have been getting on my nerves for years. My aunt used to work for the police station that caught old Bill back in the day. And they let him go. She was murdered weeks later. Found dead in her home. I don't know about you, but that sounds suspicious to me. Bill attacked her, in her own home, and he walked freely. And about twenty years later, we catch his sons and they escape. I can't let this go. I owe it to my aunt." Lucas explained.

"That's terrible. But you don't know if he's the reason she's dead. That could've been anyone." Hayden replied. "He did it. And he brainwashed those innocent kids into doing his dirty work. And she can help us. Those boys need help. They're dangerous, and so is their sister." Lucas blurted out. "She's sick. She doesn't seem dangerous so dangerous. You need to let this go. Even if it's just a little bit." Hayden tells his partner. Lucas shakes his head. He couldn't let something like this slide. This was his chance to make things right for his family.  Hayden rolls his eyes. His partner seemed so obsessive. Meanwhile, they were sitting in this car, following people around who they suspected to have something to do with the Salvini's. Hayden glanced outside the window and sighed. Suddenly a car passes by. He shoots up from his seat, tapping his partner. "What the hell?" He says. Lucas groans and looks up. The car was passing slowly. It gave them plenty of time to inspect the driver. His gray hair and horrific eyes were all too familiar. "Is that -" Lucas stuttered. "That's Bill." He said.