•Chapter 77• Wholesome Car Ride

Bill returned to his associates in the other room right after Louis disappeared up the stairs and shut a door behind him. But there were two men in the room instead of five. He frowned and looked at the back door, which was open, and the rest of the men standing outside. Some of them had a panicked look in their eyes. One person was missing, though. Jade. He marched through the door opening. "Where the hell is she?" He would only ask once. His eyes darted between the men standing around him. "One second she was there and the next she wasn't. We've already sent someone after her." One of them spoke up. Bill turned to him. His eyes pierced through his soul. Someone? One person? She might be sick, but she's not weak. "She can't leave! Someone? I want four people on this or I will put a bullet in your junk and let you bleed out on this floor." He watched as the man swallowed the lump in his throat and quickly nodded his head. "Yes, boss." The man grabbed his phone again whilst two men – who he had given a slight nod to – ran off with their weapons to find Bill's daughter. Bill then turned to the others still silently standing behind him. "Right now. Or else I will use your dead body to wipe up his blood." He barked the order at them. They all mumbled a "Yes, boss." Before running off with the others. She couldn't leave.

Jade held onto Andrew's hand as they ran. She felt a little weak still hence why she held onto his hand so tightly. In case she tripped over something or fell behind, he would yank her along with him. His car wasn't parked too far away. Once they were in, Andrew drove off as quickly as possible, and constantly checked if they were being followed. "Did Louis send you?" Jade asked him. Andrew made a harsh turn to get out on the road between other cars. Jade was impressed by how quick he was. When she and Andrew first got into a car together he was driving very carefully and slowly. Now he was rushing to get away as quickly as possible. "Your brothers did, actually." He replied. Jade could feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins. That blood went back and forth. She felt almost every drop. Would this have any consequences? She's not going to suddenly faint soon, is she? They hadn't thought about this. Even though she had just had blood, it didn't mean she didn't need it. Bill certainly knew what he was doing. And yet she felt very safe with Andrew. As if a weight had been lifted off her. And the boys had sent him. Her brothers were safe. Jade glanced down at her shaky hands in her lap. Her mind started racing. Bill would come after them – he would find them – and he would kill Andrew. Images of all the horrific ways Bill could hurt him passed through her mind, flashing before her eyes. "Andrew, you shouldn't be here. My dad's- he will-"

Andrew turned to her when she cut herself off. It felt like he was reading her mind. Although, it wasn't that hard to piece together her thoughts. His hand reached out to her and locked with hers again. "Hey, shh, it's okay. He didn't see us." He assured her in a soft tone. Jade's hand steadied and her heart stopped beating as harshly as it did. Even if she was still scared for their safety. "He's going to kill you." It would only be a matter of time before Bill decided to expand his little massacre in their family tree. It would not stop at the Greenwoods. "Let's not think about that right now, okay? Yeah? You're with me, right?" He gave her a smile and a nod before he turned his attention back to the road in front of him. Jade sat quietly beside him and watched the other cars. Her mind wandered off to Casper. Where could he be? Bill said he would get him back safe. Maybe leaving Bill really was a bad idea. What if Casper ended up alone with Bill in the house? Would he kill him? He might keep him alive for Jade. She missed Casper. Worried for him. No, she shouldn't be thinking about that right now. Only regret could come from those thoughts. "You good?" Jade felt a slight nudge against her arm. She nodded but wouldn't look at him. A quiet 'yes' left her mouth. She wasn't sure Andrew had heard it. "Good." She looked at him but his eyes remained focused on the road. Neither of them said anything after that. The silence wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. There was no underlying tension right now. She made up a scenario in her mind that they were driving to the diner where they had their first date. Was it really a date? They were discussing crimes more than anything else. Her gut was telling her she wanted to do it over.