•Chapter 97• You Know What To Do

"They are so beautiful." His wife said as she looked lovingly at the three little creatures wrapped tightly in blankets to keep them warm. To have none at all and then three within a couple of hours. Not even a full day passed by. Bill sits beside her on the bed and wraps an arm around her shoulder. He pulled her closer to press a kiss against her temple. "You did so well, baby." Parker snuggled against him, seeking more comfort - if that was even possible. "We should start thinking about names." She murmured. Bill petted her hair. "Three of them. How are we even going to keep them apart? We can't tattoo on the bottom of their foot, can we?"
"No, we can't. It'll get easier. For now, we keep them wrapped in their blankets, okay? Might be safer as well." Bill glanced at his newborn sons. Three of them. "I will always keep them safe. Even when they're too big for their blankets." Bill promised her. "They will outgrow them in no time. Just like those shoes you bought for them." Parker told him. Bill had been so giggly when he brought them home a few weeks ago. "But they're so cool! I would wear them right now if they sold them in my size."

He would protect them for the rest of their lives. That's what he promised her all those years ago. And now, one of them was trying to kill him. His air was cut off. He couldn't move even if he wanted to. He could hear a faint sound of the ambulance's siren but he knew that wouldn't be for him. It all appeared a bit of a blur. The only clear thing he could see was his oldest son, with eyes filled with rage and anger, strangling him to death; robbing him of every breath of air he had left in his lungs. He couldn't help but feel a little bit of pride. His sons couldn't complete the task that he had given them. For a while, he didn't think they were tough enough. Jayden was proving him wrong right this minute. The kid was determined to kill him. Put an end to all of this, put an end to his father, put an end to all the horrors. He has that killer instinct. He was born with it, they all were. And if anyone should be ending his life it should be Jayden. Of course, it would be him. "I'm going to fucking kill you." Jayden gritted between his teeth. His voice was angry. The boy was nothing but pure anger. Deep down, Jayden wondered if this might have been what happened with Jade when she almost killed him. He couldn't understand what she felt but he knew that this, what he was feeling right now, came very close. In the back of his mind, he knew his thoughts were crazy. Insanity at its finest. How could a child ever want to intentionally harm their parent, let alone kill them? Kill the man that gave you a house to live in, gave you food, gave you clothes, the man that is your father.

Two big hands grabbed Jayden from behind and pulled him off his father. He fought against his uncle the best he could. Bill gasped for air and started coughing. His chest rose up and down rapidly. "Not now," Louis told the boy he was trying desperately to hold down.
The ambulance came. They stopped a little further away, unable to get the vehicle all the way over there. Jayden turned his head. His brothers had stepped away, trying to hide their faces in case they refused to help their sister after seeing them. He tried his best to do the same. Ian and Casper were there too, he hadn't even seen them. "Over here! Hey!" Casper called out to the medics who rushed over to them as soon as they saw Jade laying on the floor. Jayden could still see his sister's chest going up and down. She was still alive. But his mind almost immediately went back to his father. So was he. He was still alive. Louis held him back as he tried to get to his father again. Bill needed to die. "Jayden, stop." His uncle told him. One of the medics shot a quick glance over to them and Bill, who was still on the floor. When he tried to get to them, Louis stopped them. "We're okay. It's her. Get her to the hospital!" He called out. "Sir, we-"
"I'm her father, and I am telling you to get her to the hospital! I'm not asking you again. We'll be okay!" Louis blurted it out. He didn't think twice. Jayden looked at his uncle but didn't say anything. He still wanted to get to Bill and continue to strangle him. Louis pulled the boy back up on his feet. "If you strangle him to death, you have no way of getting out of this. You can't kill him. Keep it together." Louis whispered.

Jayden was angry and rightfully so. So angry with his father that he didn't notice his father getting back onto his knees behind Louis. It all happened in the blink of an eye. He reached for his best friend's coat. Louis spun around, but it was too late. Bill held the gun in his hand that Louis carried around. He knew where it was and he knew how to get it. But he didn't point it at them. Bill held the weapon under his chin with one finger on the trigger. "Should've let him finish the job." Jayden felt like he was snapped back to reality. To see his father with the gun to his own head. "Bill-"
"Shut up!" Bill shouted, "You want to keep them weak. Go ahead. We made a deal right? It all ends today. That was the deal." Louis could feel his heart beating in his throat. "Bill this is not what-"
"A deal's a deal," Bill said. Louis started to shake his head. Seeing his friend like this freaked him out. He understood Jayden's rage, but he did not want his friend to die. "Bill, give me the gun." He tried to stay calm. What if could convince his friend not to do this? Then maybe he wouldn't lose him. That's the problem. Bill is a murderer. He's a dangerous man. But he is like his brother nonetheless. Aside from all the murders and all the trauma. Everything bad they ever did, they did together. "We made a deal, Lou. I promised it would be over."
Bill did not mean to have a conversation with his friend. He wanted to grab the gun and pull the trigger. Be done with it. Louis had to open his mouth and try to talk him out of it. "It doesn't have to be like this."
"It has to be like this. They didn't catch me back then they're not catching me now." Bill refused to go to jail. Besides, if he died now, everything would lead to him eventually. His kids would be free to go because everyone would know that Bill Salvini is the one behind all the crimes. He shot one last look at his kids. Jack and Jerry are near the ambulance; Jade is getting carried inside by Casper - the little rat - and Jayden is standing right in front of him. "You know what to do, kid."

Jade's head snapped up for the briefest second, ignoring the pain throughout her entire body after hearing the gunshot. She saw her father's body collapse right by her brother and uncle. They stood there and watched. She didn't see that Jayden almost choked their father to death. She wanted her brothers with her but was too weak to call for them. Casper appeared by her side. Ian was outside the ambulance trying to get them all to move. Jade felt a little lightheaded. Casper gently tapped her cheeks with his fingers. "Hey, hey, keep your eyes open, okay? You'll be okay." He whispered to her. But her father wasn't.