•Chapter 70• Messes to Clean

Ian bit his nails nervously as he stared out Jade's bedroom window. The cars were already pulling up outside. Ian gave them a signal through the window to wait and keep themselves hidden for now. Some cars stayed close by though. "I can't keep my dad away from you forever." Jade reminds him. "I know, Jade. There's not much I can do about it." Ian replied bitterly. What was he supposed to do now? Bill would most likely kill him as soon as Jade turned around to grab a snack from the fridge. "What were you even doing here?"
"I wanted to see if you stopped by here. Guns or food. Anything. Louis went to your brothers. Guy's losing his mind over you." Ian barked at her. "Louis thought I was dead?" Jade asked in a little voice. "Of course, he thinks you're dead. Cas was supposed to take you somewhere safe and we saw the car. They could've killed you. And now with Bill-" He sighed, "You were gone. You keep disappearing. Louis almost murdered the whole police department because he thought something had happened to you." Jade sat on her bed and blinked at him. Ian kept rambling on about the crash and how worried everyone had been. "Why are you so frustrated with me? It's not like I did this on purpose." Jade said to him in her best effort to stay calm. Ian moved away from the wall and started pacing around her room anxiously. "Because I'm about to get a bullet in my head, Jade. That's why!" He snapped at her. Jade flinched a bit at his loud voice. Her father was most likely listening in. She'd locked the door. "Not with me around."
"Jade just leave it, okay? I need to think." Jade pressed her lips together. Ian walked back over to the window. His men were waiting for a signal. "Should've shot him through the head when I had the chance. Bastard." He mumbled to himself.

"I want to see Casper." Jade tried again. Ian furrowed his eyebrows together and squinted his eyes. "He won't let us leave." Ian snapped at her, "And even with them outside there's nothing we can do. We're stuck." He exclaimed another sigh while keeping his eyes on the cars outside waiting patiently for him. Bill will find a way to kill them. God knows how many people he has around. They would all be dead within a minute. He glanced over his shoulder to see Jade fidgeting with something in her hands. She kept wrapping something around her fingers and then taking it off again, tugging on it, and folding it up again. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears. He was that anxious. This would be the day that he dies, he is sure of it. "Jade," He spoke up. His voice was a bit calmer than before. He bit his bottom lip nervously and pinched the bridge of his nose. When he looked at her he could see her face becoming pale again. He wouldn't be surprised if blood came out of her nose - she was just as anxious as he was - and Ian's yelling didn't help her much. "I didn't mean to bark at you like that." Ian glanced out the window once more before moving over to the girl sitting on her bed. Only a second later he spotted a small drop of blood trailing down to her lip. He knelt in front of her and wiped the drop of blood away gently. "I didn't mean it."
"You're scared, I get it," Jade responded quietly. Ian felt very guilty as he looked at her. He spotted something light in her hair. Grey? He wouldn't tell her. "How did your dad find out? About this I mean." He asked her in his best effort to distract her. "Dad saw after Brown pulled me out of the car. Somehow he knew." She explained to him, "He always knows." She mumbled under her breath. Sadly, that was true. Somehow Bill always knew something. 

Louis looked at the mess sitting in front of him at the table. "I am not even going to ask." The triplets had rolled down the stairs while fighting. Cheeks and arms were bruised as well as their knuckles. Jack didn't look as bad as the other two. Louis felt a bit embarrassed by them. How could they do a boy pile fight in Leah's house? Were they doing that everywhere they went? What kind of question is that, of course, they did that everywhere they went. They're brothers. They're boys. Jerry glared at Jayden. "He started it." 
"That I did," Jayden smirked proudly. Liz - who was sitting beside Jerry - tried to avoid as much eye contact as possible. "Awh, Lizzy, it's okay. Don't be embarrassed." Jerry grasped his brother's shirt again. Louis quickly jumped up and stopped Jerry from hurting his brother again. "None of that." He spoke sternly. Jerry continued to glare at his brother nonetheless. "Don't call her that." He said. "Well, what are we supposed to call her? You kept calling her baby in the hall earlier. I am confused. Jack, aren't you confused?" Jack nodded his head in full agreement with his brother. "Totally fair. We can't keep up with you, Jer." Liz hid her face in her hands again and tried her best to block out their comments. Jerry looked at his uncle for help. Surely he would have something to say about it, wouldn't he? 
"You were making out with her in the hall, kid," Louis said, "You know what they're like." Jerry rolled his eyes, reached out to hold Liz's hand under the table, and gave it a comforting squeeze. "It looked like he was gonna do something else." Jack pointed out. Jerry kicked his brother harshly under the table. "Hey!" Louis pointed a stern finger at the boy, "What did I just say?"

Megan and Andrew walked in on the chaos happening at the table. "What are you doing?" Megan asked them. "Jerry was dry-humping Liz in the hallway earlier," Jack said and pointed his finger at the youngest triplet. Megan walked over to Liz and hugged the girl from behind. "Wasn't humping," Jerry complained. "Looks like you were getting ready to do so. You had her all flushed." Jayden pointed out. Megan called out to the oldest triplet in a warning tone and shook her head disapprovingly. He wanted to say something but Megan turned her attention back to Liz. "You have something? For the case?" She questioned. "Oh... yeah." Liz piped up shyly, "We've been digging around and found something potentially useful." Andrew pulled something out of his jacket's pocket and laid it out on the table. "There are some records of you boys attending classes in school. Even when Megan wasn't around. Jade is the only one who would know if Bill was home or not. More than enough people can confirm that you were there. We have it here in black and white. If we play the cards right, we can convince them that you three had nothing to do with it. Or at least, that you couldn't have been involved in the actual kidnapping. We just need to find a way to get Bill out in the open. He hasn't been very shy, though, so it wouldn't be too hard." 
"So, if we do that, we don't have to go back to jail?" Jack questioned. "You might. But only for a short while. Until we can take this to court." Andrew spoke up. He looked at Louis who was inspecting the piece of paper. "We need you to tell us a thing or two about Bill, though. Something that can help us. Anything." Louis nodded his head. "Yeah, sure. Ask away." 

He felt his stomach twist a bit. He wasn't sure why. Bill is his oldest and closest friend. He doesn't want to see him behind bars. After everything he's done, Bill is still his friend, isn't he? It feels like betraying him. He didn't want to betray Bill. "We, uh, actually have a favor to ask you," Jayden said as he looked at Andrew. He was speaking for all three of them. The boy furrowed his eyebrows a little. The triplets wanted to ask him for a favor. "Jade's at the house..." Louis sighed. He'd told the boys earlier but they hadn't gotten an update since. Ian was there. He would get her out of there. He would just need to find a way around Bill. "Our house," Jayden added, "Bill took her there and Ian's most likely trying to get her out. As much as I hate to say it... She's safer with you than with anyone else. Even with us. And I don't think it's a good idea to keep her in the house with Mrs. Elms. You don't have to go right away. We wanted to ask you if you'd be willing to keep her safe for a while. Bill's not after you."
Andrew gulped loudly, feeling very uncertain about that. Spending time with Jade alone? "She's our baby sister. She's sick." Jayden continued. Andrew had forgotten about that. "I'll think about it," Andrew replied. "If you decide you're up for it, let me know. I will arrange some things for you. You just have to pick her up and keep her company." Louis tells the boy. "And watch her and her new boyfriend make out next to me?" Andrew mumbled. "We'll actually pay you to stop that from happening," Jayden added and his two brothers agreed with him. Louis was also giving a slight nod. Somehow that made Andrew feel a bit better about the whole situation.