•Chapter 32• Getting Help

"What do you want me to do?!" Louis exclaimed. Bill stood up from his seat and stepped towards him. "How should I know? I don't even know what's wrong with me!" He yelled. Louis took a step closer to Bill to tower over him. "You think I don't know that?! I've been to every goddamn pharmacist out there! I have paid for three hospital visits and tests! I've stuffed you with medication, tried everything I possibly could to keep you alive!" Louis snapped at his friend. "And where did it get us?! Huh?!" Bill yelled at him, "Nowhere, you fucking idiot!" he added. He shoved Louis' shoulders, pushing him back slightly. Louis wouldn't have his shit. He tried to punch him but missed. Bill ducks away and comes up behind Louis. He slammed his friend into a wall, causing him to hit his head. Louis dropped to his knees, putting his hand over his head. He was bleeding. Bill was breathing heavily. There was blood coming out of his nose. He wiped it away and started to feel dizzy. He soon collapsed to the floor. Louis crawled over to him. "Bill? Bill! Hey, wake up!" He called. He ignored the blood dripping from his forehead and onto Bill's face. "Please, don't die on me, man." He whispered, "You have to wake up, man! Come on!" 

"Hey, are you with us?" Jade asks her uncle. The older man snapped out of his thoughts. He turned his head to look at the girl and cleared his throat. "Uh, yeah yeah, sorry." He apologizes. Her eyes remain on the man briefly before turning back to the others. "Okay, so, Dad's definitely going to be here sooner or later. And Eric's not here." She sighed. "We assumed it was better to not bring him," Jerry mumbled. "You did," Jayden spoke up. Jade looks at her brothers. "I'm glad you didn't. From what Andrew told me, he could barely move. I doubt he's called the police on us. They most likely would've followed us if he had." She explained, "So, this should buy us some time to figure out where Bill is and stop him." She added. "I've already put some of the guys on it that were supposed to look for you. They went to the location they came from. But he wasn't there." Ian says as he points at Louis and Casper. "So he's already on his way?" Jack questions. "Maybe he just moved because Louis and Cas escaped." Jade shrugged. "So, he's probably already on his way." Jerry joined in. Jade let out another sigh. "We have to do something," Megan says. The Salvini siblings all look up at her. "He's still my dad." She added. "Bill's not gonna kill anyone else. I'll make sure of it." Jade assures her. She had a kind and caring look in her eyes. "Isn't there some, like, security we can send in or something? Maybe someone to guard the house? Her mom?" Andrew questions. "Aside from us? Not really, kid. Even if you offered them all a billion dollars, they wouldn't do it. Not for any Greenwood, kid. Not even you." Louis speaks up, "No offense." He quickly adds.

"You're not going to jump around defending people, Jade." Jayden tells her sternly. "I think I am fully capable of making that decision by myself," Jade replies calmly. She knew why he said it. Everyone was probably thinking the exact same thing. "I'll live," she assured her brother. "You're supposed to try and rest as much as possible. You're already taking charge and making plans." He points out. "Yeah?" Jade replied. "What he's trying to say is that you should take it easy." Jerry cut in. Jade looks at her other brother. "As I said, I'm fully capable of making that decision alone. I appreciate it. But you're not my babysitter anymore. And you're gonna need my help with this. Dad's gone insane. We don't have time for the whole 'oh no but you're a baby' treatment right now." Jade tells them all. Her eyes scan everyone around her. Even Megan and Liz. "She's probably the one who can at least try to talk a little sense into him," Louis said as he scratches behind his ear. "I don't want you to end up like Mom, okay?" Jayden mumbled. "I'll live." Jade repeated, "It's not like once I step outside I'll collapse and die. My blood's just...weird. Okay?" She questions. Jayden clenched his jaw. She was right, they didn't have time for this. But he couldn't bare to see his little sister slowly fall apart like his parents did once. And if she had to rest to be okay, that's what she was gonna do. But he couldn't force her.

Ian holds up his phone. "I can make a few more calls. Some of our guys can get into the system." He says. "If she's up for it, we can go and get some weapons at the old hide-out. Little one?" Louis added and turned to Jade. She gave him a nod. "Actually, there might be something we can do," Liz spoke up. Everyone looks at her. "Henry," She started. Jerry started shaking his head as most others started groaning. "Would you let me finish?" Liz complained. She locks eyes with Jade. "He can help us keep an eye on Eric, make sure he doesn't go anywhere. He's his uncle. He'd probably want to help us protect him." She suggests. "That could work," Andrew answered. "Henry? Your brother Henry?" Jade questions him. Andrew nodded. "He's changed a lot. He's actually been kind of nice towards other people. He will help us for sure." Andrew tells her. "He's not wrong. He's been really nice." Liz added. Now Jerry clenched his jaw. "Yeah, no," He said sternly. Liz looks at him. "What? Why not? This could be the easiest, if not the best, solution for this problem. It would certainly save us some time." She says softly. "I don't want you near him. Okay? You're not going out there to ask him for a favor. Besides, this is Henry we're talking about. He bullied us more than anyone else out there." Jerry reminds them. His brothers silently agreed with him.

"This could be a solution, though," Jade tells him. He turns his head back to his sister, slightly shocked by her words. "What?" He started, "You're seriously considering this?" He asks. "I'm not considering," Jade replies. She looks at Andrew and Liz. "It might be the best shot we have for now. Do you know where to find him?" She questions. Andrew nodded. "Go." She tells them. Liz walked past Jerry and joins with Andrew to make their way out of the factory. Jerry slams his hands on the table and groans before walking after them. He caught up with them just outside the door. He grasped her arm and yanked her back. He hadn't done that before. "You're not going." He ordered. "Do you not trust me or something?" Liz asks him. "I don't trust him." He replied quickly. "Nothing's gonna happen. He's fine. And I won't be alone." She assured him. Jerry's grip on her arm loosened but he wouldn't let go. Henry always had a thing for Liz and this terrified him. He was always scared someone would snatch her away from him. She made him really happy. If not Jayden, then it would've been Henry. He never felt like he was good enough for her. And she knew it."Listen, you can't come with me. But I wouldn't suggest it if it wouldn't help us out. We have a lot of problems, and Henry could help us." She points out. Her hand grasped his. "He won't take me away or anything." She says quietly. She didn't want Andrew to hear it. Jerry looks down at his feet, slightly embarrassed. "No trouble in paradise, right?" She smiles at him. He shakes his head. She steps closer to the boy and embraces him tightly. His arms wrap around her waist tightly. "You're gonna be fine." She assures him. He nods into the crook of her neck. She kissed his hair before she let go of him. "Don't do anything stupid." She called out to him as she rejoined with Andrew.